LYING MEDIA!

4 minutes ago, Omni said:

Too late to give you a quickie course in law just now.

What, more liberal bs to tell me? You are long overdue for taking a course in conservatism. The conservative course will teach you what you really need to know about the law. Sign up now and enjoy. :)

4 minutes ago, taxme said:

What, more liberal bs to tell me? You are long overdue for taking a course in conservatism. The conservative course will teach you what you really need to know about the law. Sign up now and enjoy. :)

'fraid not. I prefer an open mind,better than head in the sand.

11 hours ago, taxme said:

No doubt about it that you watch CNN, MSNBC and CBC, eh lefty? 

Yes, I watch a little bit of everything.

Viewers and consumers of news by far bear the greater weight of responsibility and onus for ensuring a balanced perspective is achieved.

17 hours ago, Omni said:

17 hours ago, Omni said:

It's never too late to take that conservative course, and gawd only knows that you really do need to take that course. It will surely help you a long way to getting your head out of the sand. 

Edited by taxme

7 minutes ago, taxme said:

It's never too late to take that conservative course, and gawd only knows that you really do need to take that course. It will surely help you a long way to getting your head out of the sand. 

Your statement is totally contradictory.

1 hour ago, Omni said:

Your statement is totally contradictory.

Did I screw up on my gramner again? Dam it, and I am trying not hard so hard not tooo. So, where am I being contradictory anyway so I may correct myself, teach? 

Edited by taxme

• 3 weeks later...

An anchor yesterday at CTV or CBC had among her guest, the editor of Daily Mail.  She criticized TRump for the CNBC comment against the woman reporter, and was giving a leading commentary about how Trump targets women.  The editor didn't follow the lead.  Instead, he pointed out that a CNN producer was heard saying that, "Kellyanne looks like she got hit by a shovel."

So what did the flabbergasted anchor woman say?  It's not the same because we "know" Trump has been disparaging women - and she brought up the tape with Billy Bush!  The Daily Mail editor fired back, "if there's a cockroach, you can be sure that usually there are more!"

This stupid anchor woman relies on the publicity on Trump as her evidence, and she refused to entertain the notion that the CNN producer exhibited the same offense that Trump is being criticized with.........because there's no publicity about the CNN producer! 

The nitwit!  She didn't even blink! animated-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif

Edited by betsy

9 hours ago, betsy said:

An anchor yesterday at CTV or CBC had among her guest, the editor of Daily Mail.  She criticized TRump for the CNBC comment against the woman reporter, and was giving a leading commentary about how Trump targets women.  The editor didn't follow the lead.  Instead, he pointed out that a CNN producer was heard saying that, "Kellyanne looks like she got hit by a shovel."

So what did the flabbergasted anchor woman say?  It's not the same because we "know" Trump has been disparaging women - and she brought up the tape with Billy Bush!  The Daily Mail editor fired back, "if there's a cockroach, you can be sure that usually there are more!"

This stupid anchor woman relies on the publicity on Trump as her evidence, and she refused to entertain the notion that the CNN producer exhibited the same offense that Trump is being criticized with.........because there's no publicity about the CNN producer! 

Maybe they felt that some secret, possibly faked (because he's been caught doing that) James O'Keefe video of some producer saying something is not as relevant as the president saying it. You'd think that wouldn't need explaining. At least you're willing to admit that what the president says in public is completely inappropriate and degrades the office and the country. You can at least see how that's not the case when a CNN producer says something in private.

14 hours ago, LonJowett said:

Maybe they felt that some secret, possibly faked (because he's been caught doing that) James O'Keefe video of some producer saying something is not as relevant as the president saying it. You'd think that wouldn't need explaining. At least you're willing to admit that what the president says in public is completely inappropriate and degrades the office and the country.

You can at least see how that's not the case when a CNN producer says something in private.

Where did I willingly admit such thing?  You're putting words in my mouth - you're like the newscasters delivering fake news!

I didn't know it was caught on tape.   Unless a video is doctored, how is  someone caught saying something, be fake?  I didn't hear this guy saying, foul!

Despite the leaked video with Billy Bush and other comments he'd made about some women, Trump's been elected - warts and all!  He says sensational things! 

The way the media relentlessly, and unfairly, went after  Trump since the day he started running for office - editing his interviews to suit their narrative about him -  I can understand the deep resentment (an understatement), he must be feeling about them!

Media moguls  have big influence on the so-called news being fed to the public - thru the shows they produce.   They manipulate the viewers with their bias.  They're more damaging! 

That's  one of the good thing about Trump:  he brought out the sleazy tactics of the media out in the open!

Look at our own little Miss Nitwit - she just had to insist on her irrational disparagement of Trump on national tv.  She couldn't let it go at that, when pointed out to her about this CNN producer's similar disparagement of Kellyanne. 

Don't you get it? It's the media who's trying to paint Trump into a misogynist because of his comments, and yet a producer of CNN exhibit the same kind of comment.......and little Miss Nitwit thinks it's not the same! She's determined to push her view that Trump is a misogynist, because of his comment!  

I don't care for her slanted views!  Enough of these insults to viewers' intelligence!  And to think that we even pay for these morons! 

Edited by betsy

2 hours ago, betsy said:

Where did I willingly admit such thing?  You're putting words in my mouth - you're like the newscasters delivering fake news!

I didn't know it was caught on tape.   Unless a video is doctored, how is  someone caught saying something, be fake?  I didn't hear this guy saying, foul!

Despite the leaked video with Billy Bush and other comments he'd made about some women, Trump's been elected - warts and all!  He says sensational things! 

The way the media relentlessly, and unfairly, went after  Trump since the day he started running for office - editing his interviews to suit their narrative about him -  I can understand the deep resentment (an understatement), he must be feeling about them!

Media moguls  have big influence on the so-called news being fed to the public - thru the shows they produce.   They manipulate the viewers with their bias.  They're more damaging! 

That's  one of the good thing about Trump:  he brought out the sleazy tactics of the media out in the open!

Look at our own little Miss Nitwit - she just had to insist on her irrational disparagement of Trump on national tv.  She couldn't let it go at that, when pointed out to her about this CNN producer's similar disparagement of Kellyanne. 

Don't you get it? It's the media who's trying to paint Trump into a misogynist because of his comments, and yet a producer of CNN exhibit the same kind of comment.......and little Miss Nitwit thinks it's not the same! She's determined to push her view that Trump is a misogynist, because of his comment!  

I don't care for her slanted views!  Enough of these insults to viewers' intelligence!  And to think that we even pay for these morons! 

Sorry. I thought you would hold the president at least to the same standard you hold some twenty something CNN producer. Most credible people would. I take back the assumption that you're credible. That was clearly fake news.

On 6/11/2017 at 0:52 PM, bcsapper said:

On the one hand, you can see their point.  If people are dumb enough to want what they are selling, why not keep selling it?

On the other hand, the notion that one can't find a reliable, relatively unbiased (an absolute that doesn't exist) news source is wrong, IMO.  I get the news from various sources, and I trust them all to a great degree.

Taking advantage of stupid people is not noble. But that's what government does via the media. People are too stupid to realize the MSM is not an independent reliable source.

Edited by GostHacked

1 hour ago, GostHacked said:

Taking advantage of stupid people is not noble. But that's what government does via the media. People are too stupid to realize the MSM is not an independent reliable source.

I think people are too stupid to realize it is.

On 6/12/2017 at 10:19 PM, Moonlight Graham said:

Reason # 673 why CNN sucks.  I gave up of them a while ago.  Their coverage of the 2016 POTUS election cycle was horrendous.

You're complaining NOW?

Everyone's coverage of the 2016 election was horrendous. And for all Trump's attacks on the media they gave him so much free coverage they easily made up for his lack of money.

17 hours ago, GostHacked said:

And democracy sucks - except for every other system. The mainstream media is by far and away the best, most diverse, most intelligent, knowledgeable and unbiased collection of news information. Those weird, breathless little bloggers and nut job conspiracy sites don't relate news, they relate fictions.

On 7/3/2017 at 6:34 AM, betsy said:

I'm a little confused by what point you're trying to make. Is this kid running for political office? Is it unusual for people, in private, to disparage the appearance of other people? How do you weigh some kid privately talking about Conway's looks to a grown man who barges into the dressing room of teens at a beauty pageant so he can ogle them in states of undress, repeatedly cheats on his wives, calls radio stations to brag about what a great lover he is - with his mistress - says that women over forty and women who have had children have no sexual interest to him, and continually denigrates the looks of females, not in private, but in as public a fashion as he can?

On 6/13/2017 at 3:25 AM, taxme said:

You might consider such a course, too. You don't seem to know anything about conservatism, for one thing. Just for a start, Donald Trump is not nor has he ever been a conservative of any sort.

Edited by Argus

18 minutes ago, Argus said:

You're complaining NOW?

Everyone's coverage of the 2016 election was horrendous. And for all Trump's attacks on the media they gave him so much free coverage they easily made up for his lack of money.

Not so much horrendous as hilarious, imo.  To watch people who were so certain of the outcome, the one they wanted, slowly seeing the realization dawn, and desperately searching for small pockets of resistance that might reverse the juggernaught was some of the most fun I've ever had watching elections. 

Even though I too wanted and expected a Hillary win.

32 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Even though I too wanted and expected a Hillary win.

Really? When I started seeing NASA for Trump signs, I knew this was more than just Tea Party Loons.

No matter what a stripper tells you: There's no sex in the Champagne Room.

2 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Really? When I started seeing NASA for Trump signs, I knew this was more than just Tea Party Loons.

No matter what a stripper tells you: There's no sex in the Champagne Room.

Oh, for sure.  I would have preferred pretty much anyone to Trump.  It doesn't mean I didn't enjoy watching it though.

I agree it wasn't just Tea Part Loons.  Trump hit a lode that nobody else seemed to realise was there. 

16 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Oh, for sure.  I would have preferred pretty much anyone to Trump.  It doesn't mean I didn't enjoy watching it though.

I agree it wasn't just Tea Part Loons.  Trump hit a lode that nobody else seemed to realise was there. 

NASA spent the entire Obama admin being Muslim Outreach Advocates as charged by the President, himself.

When I became the NASA administrator, [President Obama] charged me with three things. One, he wanted me to help re-inspire children to want to get into science and math; he wanted me to expand our international relationships; and third, and perhaps foremost, he wanted me to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science, math and engineering.

---Charles Bolden

Edited by DogOnPorch

2 hours ago, Argus said:

You might consider such a course, too. You don't seem to know anything about conservatism, for one thing. Just for a start, Donald Trump is not nor has he ever been a conservative of any sort.

A true and real conservative is someone who believes in more freedom, less taxes, and less government. That is me. So, what do you know about conservatism? Did you ever take a conservative course yourself? Just asking. 

Trump said during his run for presidency that he was not a politician which meant to me that he was one of the people. Trump does believe in more freedom, less government, and less taxes. Trump sure sounds like a conservative minded person to me. But then again you don't like Trump so you would not see it.  

1 hour ago, DogOnPorch said:

NASA spent the entire Obama admin being Muslim Outreach Advocates as charged by the President, himself.

When I became the NASA administrator, [President Obama] charged me with three things. One, he wanted me to help re-inspire children to want to get into science and math; he wanted me to expand our international relationships; and third, and perhaps foremost, he wanted me to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science, math and engineering.

---Charles Bolden

The only contributions that I have ever seen coming from the Arab world these days is how to behead someone, how to throw gays off roof tops with their hands tied behind their backs, and stoning women who dare to get raped. If that is what Obama calls science, math, and engineering coming from the Arab world well, tickle me under my arm pits. :D

3 hours ago, Argus said:

I'm a little confused by what point you're trying to make. Is this kid running for political office? Is it unusual for people, in private, to disparage the appearance of other people? How do you weigh some kid privately talking about Conway's looks to a grown man who barges into the dressing room of teens at a beauty pageant so he can ogle them in states of undress, repeatedly cheats on his wives, calls radio stations to brag about what a great lover he is - with his mistress - says that women over forty and women who have had children have no sexual interest to him, and continually denigrates the looks of females, not in private, but in as public a fashion as he can?

That "kid" is an associate producer! :) 

What? you're going use age as an excuse now?

You don't know squat about this "kid" because he's not a celebrity like Trump!  If he can disparage Kellyanne in such a way - then he can say other disparaging things about women......which is not a crime, I must add.

You've got a double standard.  Trump has the same freedom as everyone else.  That's the point that's lost to our Little Miss Nitwit.

Edited by betsy

13 hours ago, betsy said:

That "kid" is an associate producer! :) 

What? you're going use age as an excuse now?

You don't know squat about this "kid" because he's not a celebrity like Trump!  If he can disparage Kellyanne in such a way - then he can say other disparaging things about women......which is not a crime, I must add.

You've got a double standard.  Trump has the same freedom as everyone else.  That's the point that's lost to our Little Miss Nitwit.

Are you really questioning whether there is a seprate standard between 20-something segment producers and the president of the US?  This is why this entire discussion is one big troll post.......queue the red white and blue paid commenter.

55 minutes ago, Bob Macadoo said:

Are you really questioning whether there is a seprate standard between 20-something segment producers and the president of the US?  This is why this entire discussion is one big troll post.......queue the red white and blue paid commenter.

I'm questioning the double-standard!  And the agenda of little Miss Nitwit in raising the woman card over this "bleeding face-lift" issue - which I don't know what the hoopla is all about.  It's not like as if only women have face-lifts these days.  A lot of  celebs have had them  - regardless of gender!

Top 50 Male Celebs You Didn’t Know Had Plastic Surgery

http://lookdamngood.com/top-10-male-celebs-you-didnt-know-had-plastic-surgery/?singlepage=1

Tom Cruise's nose wasn't like that when he started in Hollywood.  Check out his early movies.

She brought up the past incidents like the video with Billy Bush, and all the same-old allegations they used against Trump BEFORE the election!  Well?  Trump was elected despite of all that!  Women voted for him! 

Yet, she got all prickly when the editor of Daily Mail pointed out that Trump isn't the only one saying disparaging remarks about women.

Trumps remarks are being focused on, and usually taken out of context by pro-Dems/anti-Trump because of who he is. " 20-something" is an adult! He wouldn't be holding that position if he's not.

Edited by betsy