LYING MEDIA!

CNN has denied staging a crowd of protesters for a news shot in the wake of the London Bridge attacks, after conservative Twitter users accused the broadcaster of manufacturing “fake news”.

In a video uploaded by user @markantro on Monday, CNN anchor Becky Anderson can be seen standing to one side while police and TV producers assist a group of Muslim women assemble a makeshift memorial featuring flowers and protest signs.

“Look at all the people around me here, behind me here, sad about last night but hopeful for tomorrow,” Anderson says in the news clip.

“On the left here, Londoners came to help hurt, behind me you can see a sign here, hashtag ‘turn to love’, hashtag ‘for London’, hashtag ‘ISIS will lose’, and flowers left in remembrance of those who left their lives.”

The original uploader described it as “#fakenews”. “CNN creating the narrative,” he tweeted. “Note the white police officers leaving before the CNN shot & the Asian officers coming in. They then left after they went off air! Amazing thing is, I was getting called a ‘weekend warrior’ by several journalist [crews] while filming this.”

http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/media/social-media-users-accuse-cnn-of-fake-news-over-staged-london-attack-protest/news-story/48d9966b71d72a26149b9f9ebae75465

They're duping the viewers......,....to sell their liberal narratives.   Don't ever think our own media doesn't do the same. 

Edited by betsy
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, betsy said:

http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/media/social-media-users-accuse-cnn-of-fake-news-over-staged-london-attack-protest/news-story/48d9966b71d72a26149b9f9ebae75465

They're duping the viewers......,....to sell their liberal narratives.   Don't ever think our own media doesn't do the same. 

I don't disagree that this happens. A lot of members of the media - on Left and Right - act like their job is convincing people to agree with their political or ideological viewpoint. So I can see them seizing on a half dozen Muslim women as the 'true' picture of Islam they want demonstrated to their viewers. The Canadian media does this a lot too, witness the year long deluge of stories about happy Syrian refugees in Canada. That does not necessarily make it fake, just exaggerated for editorial purposes. I don't think they arranged for these people to show up.

That being said, FOX does it even more often, and in a much more organized, deliberate, and determined fashion.

Edited by Argus

Fox does it, and even more often?  With every single other news source out there gunning for them, try again.  If Fox was doing this, other news sources, which work along side of them and would then see this behaviour regularly, would be blowing the whistle on them regularly.  And we would be hearing about it all the time.

So, no, Fox almost never does this kind of thing, and that's not even the point.  The point is that CNN did it, and many of the MSN do this kind of crap because they can get away with it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sharkman said:

Fox does it, and even more often?  With every single other news source out there gunning for them, try again.  If Fox was doing this, other news sources, which work along side of them and would then see this behaviour regularly, would be blowing the whistle on them regularly.  And we would be hearing about it all the time.

So, no, Fox almost never does this kind of thing, and that's not even the point.  The point is that CNN did it, and many of the MSN do this kind of crap because they can get away with it.

There is often unconscious bias in the coverage by mainstream media, and at other times there's the desire to 'give a message' such as the one above, which is clearly intended to say 'see, not all Muslims are crazy'. I think the real bias is in the commentary in things like political panels. But that, to me, is a far cry  from a deliberate slanted news, whereby editors discuss, in meetings, how to cover stories so as to make their party look good and the other party look bad, or how to scare people by over-coverage of crime, violence and terrorism, or how to show government is "bad" by minute coverage of every single governmental error.

FOX is the least accurate major news media in the western world, so far as I know. I mean, what an embarrassment that an assessment of the knowledge of their regular viewers show they're even more ignorant about current events than people who don't ever look at the news at all.

I've said it before, FOX might not exactly be a racist organization, but every racist, every white supremacist, every militia kook, every anarchist, every sovereign citizen, every gun-toting loonie waiting for the end of days, is an enthusiastic FOX viewer because FOX reassures them they're right, and never airs anything that challenges their world-view.

Edited by Argus

19 hours ago, Argus said:

I don't disagree that this happens. A lot of members of the media - on Left and Right - act like their job is convincing people to agree with their political or ideological viewpoint. So I can see them seizing on a half dozen Muslim women as the 'true' picture of Islam they want demonstrated to their viewers. The Canadian media does this a lot too, witness the year long deluge of stories about happy Syrian refugees in Canada. That does not necessarily make it fake, just exaggerated for editorial purposes. I don't think they arranged for these people to show up.

That being said, FOX does it even more often, and in a much more organized, deliberate, and determined fashion.

Well the other thing that comes to mind is all this 'fake news'.  I mean we have the main alphabet networks partaking in this way too often. These entities are to report the news, not make up the news.

Remember this where they claimed to be in different locations? They were different locations in the SAME parking lot!!!

1 hour ago, GostHacked said:

Well the other thing that comes to mind is all this 'fake news'.  I mean we have the main alphabet networks partaking in this way too often. These entities are to report the news, not make up the news.

Remember this where they claimed to be in different locations? They were different locations in the SAME parking lot!!

That does not make it 'fake'. Fake news is like those ridiculous reports that Clinton was running a child sex ring out of a pizza parlor. If I turn on my local CTV station at six O'clock tonight I guarantee you I will see at least a couple of reports from their balcony and from the street outside. Why? Because they're trying to give the illusion of wide-ranging reporters 'on the scene' even when they're actually broadcasting from outside the studio. They're not pretending to actually be at the site of whatever they're reporting on. But it seems to be they feel reporters broadcasting from a sidewalk is more interesting than broadcasting from a studio.

Edited by Argus

On 6/5/2017 at 4:30 PM, Argus said:

FOX is the least accurate major news media in the western world, so far as I know. I mean, what an embarrassment that an assessment of the knowledge of their regular viewers show they're even more ignorant about current events than people who don't ever look at the news at all.

I've said it before, FOX might not exactly be a racist organization, but every racist, every white supremacist, every militia kook, every anarchist, every sovereign citizen, every gun-toting loonie waiting for the end of days, is an enthusiastic FOX viewer because FOX reassures them they're right, and never airs anything that challenges their world-view.

In Canada one has to specifically subscribe to Fox News.   Is that how you know so much about them or are you just repeating the nonsense from the left?  Because, as is usual with such characterizations, you've offered no evidence or proof, just slanted views.  Did you know that this week CNN reported that Comey was going to state that he never assured Trump that he was not under investigation.  That was flat out wrong, or fake news.   In Comey's opening statement in the proceedings, he stated that on 3 separate occasions he told Trump he was not under investigation.  So what, right, it's only Trump.  Facts only matter under certain conditions I guess.

You mention the crazies that follow Fox, but what about the left's moon bats that hate Fox and watch your MSNBC or other leftwing media.  I give you all of the rioting looters that trashed and destroyed, set fires and flipped vehicles, etc. after the Trump election.  I'm sure they all watch Fox, (not!) as does Black lIves matter, Code Pink, and most of the Jew haters and black supremacists out there.  How about the idiot fools at any major university that riot and trash things whenever someone is scheduled to speak whom they don't like, I'm sure they all watch Fox too.  

There is no point in discussing certain topics with you, you appear to be unable to set aside your ideology and think objectively about some issues.

Edited by sharkman
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, sharkman said:

In Canada one has to specifically subscribe to Fox News.  

No, you actually don't. In my region FOX is part of the US news theme pack, which includes CNN, CNBC and MSNBC, and Bloomberg Business.

Is that how you know so much about them or are you just repeating the nonsense from the left?  Because, as is usual with such characterizations, you've offered no evidence or proof, just slanted views.

Would you like me to cite the study? I doubt you'd find it acceptable anyway. As for how slanted FOX is, why don't you take it that I am not a leftist, and that if I think FOX is slanted it's slanted. I think CBC is slanted too, though not quite as severely, and in the opposite direction. I bet you wouldn't challenge me on that. The Toronto Star is deeply slanted, along the same lines as FOX, though in the opposite direction.

Did you know that this week CNN reported that Comey was going to state that he never assured Trump that he was not under investigation.  That was flat out wrong, or fake news.

I differentiate between mistakes and clear, deliberate lies or slanted news.

You mention the crazies that follow Fox, but what about the left's moon bats that hate Fox and watch your MSNBC or other leftwing media.

The people who watch MSNBC are a different variety. Given MSNBCs outlook you're mostly talking about progressive oriented people, and probably much better educated than most FOX viewers (which does not mean smarter). I mostly just watch Morning Joe, though I have caught some weekend panels which are fairly intelligent. I know that some of the shows, like the one with Sharpton, are unwatchable. But we weren't talking about MSNBC, which does not have a news element.

I give you all of the rioting looters that trashed and destroyed, set fires and flipped vehicles, etc. after the Trump election.  I'm sure they all watch Fox, (not!) as does Black lIves matter, Code Pink, and most of the Jew haters and black supremacists out there.  How about the idiot fools at any major university that riot and trash things whenever someone is scheduled to speak whom they don't like, I'm sure they all watch Fox too.  

I've spoken about such people on other topics here fairly recently, like the one on universities producing thin skinned people, and the one on freedom of speech. I'm sure you would have no argument with me over my opinions in those situations.

There is no point in discussing certain topics with you, you appear to be unable to set aside your ideology and think objectively about some issues.

And what is my ideology? If you suggest it's liberal or progressive I think that would produce a lot of laughter among the Left wing posters here.

• Like 1

We recently subscribed to Fox and CNN - quite the eye opener.

My wife has never been overly fond of watching the news but Trump has changed that. While watching CNN one night she commented on how CNN seemed a little biased against Trump. I said let's watch Fox for awhile.

My wife's jaw left a dent on the the new laminate floor.

Edited by eyeball

On Shaw Cable Systems, one definitely has to pay more for Fox News. A lot more...

Regular Fox broadcasting is where The Simpsons/Family Guy/Bob's Burgers/etc is/are found. That's part of cheaper packages. But no Tucker Carlson, etc.

Telus Optik offers a few news pkgs. We opted for two which included all the main Canadian and US news outlets - BBC, Euronews, Russia TV, Aljazeera, a perspective from China.

All seem to have their biases which is fine so long as you're aware of it and tune it with your BS filters.

I have to say Fox is like a cross between the National Enquirer and Mad magazine.

5 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

On Shaw Cable Systems, one definitely has to pay more for Fox News. A lot more...

Regular Fox broadcasting is where The Simpsons/Family Guy/Bob's Burgers/etc is/are found. That's part of cheaper packages. But no Tucker Carlson, etc.

I used to get all the cable news on one theme pack "NEWS", but then scummy Rogers split them into three separate news theme packs, Canada, US, and International. I found this out when I lost the BBC. I call up and demand it back, and he says he can add it for $4, so after grumbling I say go ahead. Oh, he says, he can't. Because my main package has been replaced. I have to choose a new one. Then he says if I choose a new one, I lose the $60 a month discount I got for signing up in the first place. that soon had me talking to one of those girls they put on when you're telling them you're going to quit and go somewhere else. I still had to change my package to pay more, but I kept the discount and they threw in a couple more discounts. Cable is such an ungodly complicated mess.

There's nothing "unconscious" with what the liberal media does these days.  There's always an agenda - a mean-spirited and/or unified, orchestrated agenda - to push their own narrative.

Take note that no media has pointed out that only Trump had the big balls to publicly shame deadbeat NATO members  - and those countries are now complying (including Canada), and starting to pay-up!

Some countries agree with Trump on that one, although none of them had ever had the courage to raise that issue!  Look how bold Romania is to agree with Trump - becoming bold like Trump to speak out publicly in his approval of Trump - and being the first one to step up and pay! 

All media reported about that NATO meeting was how that meeting seemed to have failed, due to Trump! 

Our own media didn't even find anything embarrassing or shamefully wrong with our government humming and hawing - and trying to justify being a deadbeat! 

Why does anyone who claims to be on a higher moral ground, have to be shamed to do what's only morally right?

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

On 6/10/2017 at 10:29 AM, OftenWrong said:

There is no actual news to be found anywhere. Reality TV and infotainment have merged to give us what you see now, distracting gossip and half-truths intended to manipulate voters, with a long view towards holding political power.

At long last, right!

Edited by hot enough
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

It's been infotainment for over a decade.  I would really like to slap the face of people like Don Lemon, Chris Mathews, and many many others. Sensationalized infotainment clickbait.

On the one hand, you can see their point.  If people are dumb enough to want what they are selling, why not keep selling it?

On the other hand, the notion that one can't find a reliable, relatively unbiased (an absolute that doesn't exist) news source is wrong, IMO.  I get the news from various sources, and I trust them all to a great degree.

3 hours ago, bcsapper said:

On the one hand, you can see their point.  If people are dumb enough to want what they are selling, why not keep selling it?

Why would someone trust a fella who follows a gangster mentality.

I get the news from various sources, and I trust them all to a great degree.

The "I" doesn't really know if the "I" is being duped or not. 

4 hours ago, bcsapper said:

On the other hand, the notion that one can't find a reliable, relatively unbiased (an absolute that doesn't exist) news source is wrong, IMO.  I get the news from various sources, and I trust them all to a great degree.

I caught mention of a poll this morning on either CNN or MSNBC. It showed that 4% of Democrats believed Trump was honest. Meanwhile, 77% of Republicans thought he was honest. I can't remember how many Democrats approved of him, but it was low. Among Republicans, 88% approved of the job he's doing.

This is because as the two sides in the states have gotten more and more entrenched, they won't even look at each other's media. Republicans watch FOX for their news. If you watch FOX, there's not much there about Trump being a liar. The whole Russia thing is dismissed as a made-up fairy tail by Democrats who are sore losers. They dwell lovingly on every single thing which supports Trump and jeer at the arguments against him - or simply don't mention those. Pretty much every 'analyst' they interview is a dedicated Republican. If you watched FOX, the information that came out of the Comey hearing was that Trump was telling the truth, that Comey was a leaker, and should probably be charged with a crime for doing so, and that there needs to be an investigation into, not AG Sessions, but the previous AG under Obama, Lynch. Everything else is glossed over, explained away by the 'analyst' du jour, or ignored. It's as smooth and professional and one-sided as RT. I wonder how often they laugh at their own ridiculous "Fair and balanced" motto in the FOX offices.

Harvard did a study of media bias and Donald Trump recently, and what they found was Fox giving the most balanced commentary at 52/48% negative coverage.  All other networks were into the 90% negative range.  I guess if think anything less that 90% negative is too forgiving, then you might see an issue with the coverage.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Argus said:

I caught mention of a poll this morning on either CNN or MSNBC. It showed that 4% of Democrats believed Trump was honest. Meanwhile, 77% of Republicans thought he was honest. I can't remember how many Democrats approved of him, but it was low. Among Republicans, 88% approved of the job he's doing.

This is because as the two sides in the states have gotten more and more entrenched, they won't even look at each other's media. Republicans watch FOX for their news. If you watch FOX, there's not much there about Trump being a liar. The whole Russia thing is dismissed as a made-up fairy tail by Democrats who are sore losers. They dwell lovingly on every single thing which supports Trump and jeer at the arguments against him - or simply don't mention those. Pretty much every 'analyst' they interview is a dedicated Republican. If you watched FOX, the information that came out of the Comey hearing was that Trump was telling the truth, that Comey was a leaker, and should probably be charged with a crime for doing so, and that there needs to be an investigation into, not AG Sessions, but the previous AG under Obama, Lynch. Everything else is glossed over, explained away by the 'analyst' du jour, or ignored. It's as smooth and professional and one-sided as RT. I wonder how often they laugh at their own ridiculous "Fair and balanced" motto in the FOX offices.

I can honestly say I've never watched or listened to Fox news.  It is definitely one of the outlets I wouldn't trust.

Edited by bcsapper