Islam Is Peace

2 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Islam is Peace: post your most admired things about this religion that only wants the best for all human beings...no dogs allowed.

...and go.

There is ample evidence Islam is the religion of piece. A piece of you here, a piece of you over there...

Edited by Argus
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Goh Shenas said:

Does that offend you? My bad

Which bit is it exactly that is nuance? Tell me one good thang about it.

You don't offend me. Not much does, so I save such responses for the truly worthy. 

27 minutes ago, Goh Shenas said:

Does that offend you? My bad

Which bit is it exactly that is nuance? Tell me one good thang about it.

Perhaps consult your dictionary, (I'm sure you have one or two) and look up nuance. Then you have a place to start.

Islam is submission. There is no other way to interpret this word. It means to accept God's power.

=====

In my various travels and discussions, what is striking about Islam (compared to almost all other religions) is that Muslims consider the Koran to be the exact word of God. (God spoke to Mohammed and Mohammed wrote down the exact words -direct quotes- in "classical Arabic". These words are with us now, today - exactly as God said them to Mohammed.)

Islam started in the 700s when technology supposedly made it possible to record words exactly. Nowadays, some 1300 years later, superstitious Muslims are afraid to challenge the supposed exact words of God. 

Historical Christians, even modern Christian fanatics, don't claim that the New Testament contains direct quotes from Christ. (The King James Version is an obvious translation; I think Mel Gibson tried to make actors speak Aramaic but I never saw that movie.) Superstitious Christians - eg. Luther - could more easily challenge the New Testament because it was never presented as the exact word of God.

I once had several long conversations with a Sinhalese Buddhist on these points and I've always liked her remark: "What the Lord Buddha said? You can choose to accept gravity... or ignore it." No one knows what the Buddha exactly said. (The only record is that he had long ear lobes.)

The Jewish Pentateuch? From what I understand, there are different versions of Hebrew and different versions of the Torah. Critically, the Old Testament is not the exact word (direct quote) of God. (IME, Jews certainly love to argue over interpretations.)

=====

How do you challenge the perceived, exact word of (a direct quote from) God?

In their times, this is what Luther and Voltaire did.

Edited by August1991
  • Like 2

There's a way to constructively debate what one does not like about a certain religion's concepts. This thread is probably not the place its going to happen.

I personaly believe the original question by Dog solicits trolling and negative comments and so the ignorant and hateful remarks by a certain poster.

I can and will question all religions but not on this thread. I am not interested in deliberately insulting Muslims.

All religions have questionable concepts and followers.

Its up to us who follow these religions to use them for good not evil..

• Like 3

14 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Islam is Peace: post your most admired things about this religion that only wants the best for all human beings...no dogs allowed.

...and go.

Your question and comment clearly invite negative remarks about Islam.

The Talmud  teaches critical analysis is the very essence of life but ridicule extinguishes it.

As such I call your thread question out as nasty and ignorant.

• Like 1

Go Shenas your remarks are self explanatory.  I leave it to a proctologistto address the subject matter you appear to be volunteering. It would require specialized expertise I don't have although I can comment on Bat guano,

That boy either needs to stop doing yoga or change his perspective,  either way his insistence on  sticking his head up his  ass  is unfortunate 

Rue 1891

Edited by Rue

3 hours ago, Rue said:

Your question and comment clearly invite negative remarks about Islam.

The Talmud  teaches critical analysis is the very essence of life but ridicule extinguishes it.

As such I call your thread question out as nasty and ignorant.

No dogs allowed...I'll sit this one out beyond this reply.

That should stop my negative comments (which are unfair to poor peaceful Islam) to satisfy your Stockholm Syndrome.

This should allow the goodness that is Islam to shine through. Because it is GOOD more than anything else...not supremacist...not against women...not any of the things I claim it is.

9 hours ago, Rue said:

Go Shenas your remarks are self explanatory.  I leave it to a proctologistto address the subject matter you appear to be volunteering. It would require specialized expertise I don't have although I can comment on Bat guano,

That boy either needs to stop doing yoga or change his perspective,  either way his insistence on  sticking his head up his  ass  is unfortunate 

Rue 1891

What is not true about that filthy religion? Tell me! Wouldn't go near it with a barge pole. Dogs are considered filthy. A non muslim is infidel and an atheist? Oh well. Christianity and Judaism does not preach such savagery. Both have evolved Islam has not. 

19 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Does anyone know what is Islam's plan to deal with extremists?  Ignoring them doesn't appear to be working.

Islam is not a person, nor even sentient; it doesn't have the ability to make or carry out a plan.   

Muslims all over the world are fighting terrorism through words and actions.  Many are dying because of their opposition; many more are simply killed  in the crossfire between military powers.

• Like 1

#FakeNews

17 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Islam is not a person, nor even sentient; it doesn't have the ability to make or carry out a plan.   

Muslims all over the world are fighting terrorism through words and actions.  Many are dying because of their opposition; many more are simply killed  in the crossfire between military powers.

14 hours ago, Bob Macadoo said:

#FakeNews

ISIS Muslim Death Toll

On September 5, ISIS executed three Sunni women in Mosul. What was their “crime”? They refused to provide medical care to ISIS fighters.- On September 9, ISIS executed a Sunni Imam in western Mosul for refusing to swear loyalty to ISIS.- On August 2, a man from the Salah ad Din province was abducted and beheaded for refusing to swear allegiance to ISIS.-On August 19, a female Muslim doctor south of Mosul was killed for organizing a protest to object to ISIS’ mandate that female doctors cover their faces with religious veils when treating patients-

Just four Muslims who died fighting against ISIS; there are many more.   But as the article also points out -- Western deaths are covered extensively, while Muslim deaths are not, and some of us assume Westerners are the only victims.  

Same holds true for these news stories:  None of them involve the killing of Westerners, so it's not news.

41 Muslim countries form alliance to fight ISIS and extremist groups.

Muslim leaders preach against ISIS', get death threats from ISIS

70000 Muslim clerics issue fatwa against ISIS and other terror groups.

100+ British Imams speak out against ISIS

There are plenty more examples of individuals, groups and Muslim leaders who are speaking out against ISIS - but if you aren't looking for it, you'll never find it.   Instead, you'll continue to assume that "Islam" is doing nothing.   But that's not the fault of Muslims; that's the fault of people who are too lazy or biased to look beyond Western headlines.

Edited by dialamah