Who is your daddy?

The US is preparing a law which would penalize businesses which refuse to do business with Israel's illegal "settlements".

Link

New US bill would punish settlement boycotters

US Senator Ben Cardin is once again trying to pass legislation designed to suppress the boycott, divestment and sanctions (BDS) movement for Palestinian rights.

During the last Congressional session, the Maryland Democrat succeeded in sneaking language into a must-pass trade bill making it a “principal negotiating objective” of the United States “to discourage politically motivated actions to boycott, divest from or sanction Israel” while negotiating trade deals.

This discouragement of BDS extended to boycotts of products originating from settlements in what the bill euphemistically referred to as “Israeli-controlled territories.” All of Israel’s settlements in the occupied West Bank and Syria’s Golan Heights are illegal under international law.

4 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Sounds good to me...

US war crimes, US terrorism, US slaughtering children, stealing others wealth, illegally invading sovereign nations, the US murdering its own on 911, you vehemently defending that, the US napalming villages, saturation bombing civilians, the US being the top terrorist nation/group in the world, and many more lurid, vicious US actions also "Sounds good to me". 

Just now, hot enough said:

US war crimes, US terrorism, US slaughtering children, stealing others wealth, illegally invading sovereign nations, the US murdering its own on 911, you vehemently defending that, the US napalming villages, saturation bombing civilians, the US being the top terrorist nation/group in the world, and many more lurid, vicious US actions also "Sounds good to me". 

Yes....you gotta problem wit dat ?   Stop us.....

God Bless the USA !

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hot enough said:

Exactly.  You admit unreservedly that you fully support all the vicious US war crimes. Not only support, you revel in them. 

No rational person would listen to anything you ever say.

Your claims are off topic and completely false.  All fabricated conspiracy theories with no proof. 

No rational person would believe your claims.   Can't stop the USA with fairy tales.

Fight BDS...with more BDS !

Edited by bush_cheney2004

There sure a lot of good people joining this movement. But even with this, we have the USA supporting these war criminals/terrorists. Not surprising that, as the US has always supported war criminals, terrorists, vicious right wing [notice, always right wing, fascist type dictators].

Just ask B_C2004. She enthusiastically embraces the slaughter of innocents by the USA with her "Rah rah USA" chants. 

companies and people with conscience who are boycotting / divesting from Israel (list will continue as and when I hear of more):

United Methodist church (USA) – pension funds boycott of 5 israeli banks

Irish building materials corporation CRH – sold off its 25% equity stake in Nesher Cement

United Electrical Workers Union – first major US national trade union to adopt BDS

Spanish : 26 local and regional governments – including in Sevilla, Gran Canaria, Badalona and Terrassa have passed resolutions in support of BDS initiatives and Apartheid Free Zones initiative

Thurston Moore of Sonic Youth – “To perform with my band in Israel was in direct conflict to my values,”  artist explains.

Geography and history department at University of Valencia, Spain – first anywhere in Europe to officially endorse a BDS initiative

American Anthropological Association (AAA) – passed BDS resolution with a whopping 88% majority

450+ Belgian academics – pledged to support the academic boycott of Israeli academic institutions.

United Church of Christ – boycott & divest from companies profiting from Israel’s occupation

1,600 academics join academic boycott in Spain – sign a declaration in support of the academic boycott

Confédération des syndicats nationaux, Canada – The Central Council of the Confederation of National Trade Unions, Quebec, Canada resolves to join the BDS movement and support the call to impose a military embargo on Israel. The CSN represents 325,000 workers in all sectors of activity in nearly 2,000 unions across Quebec.

SOAS students, academics and staff vote for academic boycott – 73% voted in favour of suspending all ties to Israeli universities

University of California at Riverside – voted to support a resolution sponsored by Students for Justice in Palestine calling on the university to pull its investments from US companies profiting from Israel’s occupation

Oi Polloi (Scotland)  cancelled their appearance in the Norwegian cultural establishment Kapittel, protesting the appearance of the Israeli ambassador to Norway. In a twitter-message, the band announced that “We are not playing together with professional apologetics of war crimes, torture, illegal occupation, ethnic cleansing and racism.

EU forbade EU member states from cooperating with or transferring funds or giving scholarships & research grants to bodies in the WestBank, eastern Jerusalem, and the Golan Heights

American Studies Association (ASA) endorsed a boycott of Israeli academic institution

Stephen Hawking (scientist)

Roger Waters – singer

Brian Eno – singer

Dutch pension fund PGGM dumped its holdings in five Israeli banks involved in financing illegal settlements

Danish Danske Bank said Israeli Bank Hapoalim was acting against the rules of international humanitarian law by engaging in settlement construction, and that consequently Danske could not invest in it. Danske had already decided to pull its investments from Africa Israel Investments and Danya Cebus, for the same reason

National University of Ireland Galway (NUI Galway) endorsed a resolution to support actively the BDS movement

In December 2012 the New Zealand superannuation fund, which invests money on behalf of the New Zealand Government, excluded four companies – Elbit Systems, Africa Israel, Danya Cebus and Shikun & Binui – for involvement in Israeli settlements and one company for involvement in the West Bank Barrier. A spokesperson cited UN findings of illegality concerning both the Barrier and settlements as central to the decision to exclude the companies

American investment firm MSCI removed Caterpillar Inc from three “socially responsible” stock indices citing Israel’s use of Caterpillar bulldozers in the Palestinian territories as a key reason for its decision

the Norwegian government announced in August 2010 that based on advice from the Norwegian Council on Ethics, it had excluded two Israeli companies from a government pension fund. According to the government, the firms Africa Israel Investments and Danya Cebus were involved in developing settlements in occupied Palestinian territory

Deutsche Bank, Germany’s largest bank, sold its holdings in Elbit Systems in 2010

Assa Abloy, a Swedish electromechanical security systems firm, resolved to move one of its factories out of the West Bank.

Norwegian government pension fund sold its shares in Elbit Systems due to its role in building the West Bank barrier.

United Church of Canada (UCC) adopted a resolution to boycott products originating from illegal Israeli settlements in the occupied West Bank

Artists Elvis Costello, Snoop Dogg, Meg Ryan have all refused to perform in Israel

University of California, San Diego (UCSD)  –  divestment from companies profiting from Israeli occupation Boeing, General Dynamics Corporation, Hewlett Packard, Ingersoll-Rand and Raytheon among other companies that “profit from Israel’s military occupation and violence against Palestinians in violation of international law and human rights.”

UC Irvine and UC Riverside (both universities in USA) – divestment from companies profiting from Israeli occupation Boeing, General Dynamics Corporation, Hewlett Packard, Ingersoll-Rand and Raytheon among other companies that “profit from Israel’s military occupation and violence against Palestinians in violation of international law and human rights.”

Iain Banks, Scottish writer – cultural boycott of Israel

Teachers Union of Ireland – academic boycott of Israel

http://www.gazathedearweeplace.com/brave-enough-to-boycott-divest-from-israel/

16 hours ago, marcus said:

The US is preparing a law which would penalize businesses which refuse to do business with Israel's illegal "settlements".

Link

New US bill would punish settlement boycotters

US Senator Ben Cardin is once again trying to pass legislation designed to suppress the boycott, divestment and sanctions (BDS) movement for Palestinian rights.

During the last Congressional session, the Maryland Democrat succeeded in sneaking language into a must-pass trade bill making it a “principal negotiating objective” of the United States “to discourage politically motivated actions to boycott, divest from or sanction Israel” while negotiating trade deals.

This discouragement of BDS extended to boycotts of products originating from settlements in what the bill euphemistically referred to as “Israeli-controlled territories.” All of Israel’s settlements in the occupied West Bank and Syria’s Golan Heights are illegal under international law.

The BDS movement is defined on this link.  https://bdsmovement.net/what-is-bds

Basically it is an anti Israel Palestinian organization that tries to use boycotts against Israel.

10 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The BDS movement is defined on this link.  https://bdsmovement.net/what-is-bds

Basically it is an anti Israel Palestinian organization that tries to use boycotts against Israel.

You can sign up here, blackbird, to join the Jewish Voice for Peace.

Why is it that conservatives just have this knee jerk reaction to supporting peoples around the world to be subjugated by powerful US and US client states? 

==============================

JOIN THE GLOBAL MOVEMENT:

From the Montgomery Bus Boycott to Sun City, South Africa, people of conscience have used the tools of boycott, divestment, and sanctions to win equality, freedom, and fairness.

Israeli Palestinian conflict explained: an animated introduction to Israel and Palestine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=96&v=Y58njT2oXfE

18 minutes ago, hot enough said:

But you purposefully ignored the substantive posting for the "escape" I offered you. You guys are so predictable.

You have to admit you are quite predictable yourself. 

18 minutes ago, hot enough said:

But you purposefully ignored the substantive posting for the "escape" I offered you. You guys are so predictable.

If I gave you a rational opinion about Israel, I am sure you would not accept a word of it,  sigh.......which makes it next to impossible to discuss with you as much as I would like to.   It's a shame really.       

If you could give a basis for your beliefs and why you think the way you do, maybe we could have a discussion, but you won't even do that much. 

Edited by blackbird

The Federal Green Party adopted a motion to support BDS at one of it's conventions, but this gave themselves an anti Israel reputation and their leader, Elizabeth May, somehow got the party to agree to some kind of backtracking or modification of the motion.  I am not sure what their position is now.

I think BDS is basically an anti Israel organization.  Most of the UN motions concerning the Israel-Palestinian conflict have been against Israel.  I don't see any way this issue being settled until the Palestinians all recognize Israel's right to exist.

1 minute ago, hot enough said:

Then why do you even bother to post anything at all?

Because I am speaking to other people.  I don't really usually try to debate with you because it would be fruitless.  I would like to but would we ever agree on anything?  Have you found anyone who agrees with you?

7 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I don't really usually try to debate with you because it would be fruitless.  I would like to but would we ever agree on anything? 

You avoid factual issues like they are the plague. You are so wedded to your conservative memes, which are all the vast majority of you guys trot out. Just like you are doing here on Israel. 

Have you found anyone who agrees with you?

Yes, many. Folks who don't live and die with alternate facts. 

6 minutes ago, hot enough said:

You avoid factual issues like they are the plague. You are so wedded to your conservative memes, which are all the vast majority of you guys trot out. Just like you are doing here on Israel. 

Yes, many. Folks who don't live and die with alternate facts. 

To be fair, I just watched your video.    I view it as a Palestinian propaganda video.  Historically the land of Israel belongs to Israel.  Would you accept that Israel has a right to exist?

11 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Historically the land of Israel belongs to Israel. 

You know nothing about the history of that area. 

Would you accept that Israel has a right to exist?

Sure, so do the Jehovah Witnesses because they too suffered in the Holocaust. 

Following your addled line of reasoning, the whole of the US and Canada should be given back to Native Americans and First Nations. 

1 minute ago, hot enough said:

You know nothing about the history of that area. 

Sure, so do the Jehovah Witnesses because they too suffered in the Holocaust. 

Following your addled line of reasoning, the whole of the US and Canada should be given back to Native Americans and First Nations. 

Convoluted answer.  About as clear as mud.  Do you accept Israel's right to exist?