Changing the Constitution - Turkiye

Altai

Tomarrow a public vote is going to be done in Turkiye to change the constitution. Turkish people are going to vote to approve or disapprove the change. If the constitution will be approved, Turkiye's state management style will change and it will be evolved from "Parliamentary System" to "Presidency System". 

"Presidency System" is expected to remove obstacles on decision and progress mechanism of the state jobs which is preventing Turkiye to develop much faster. With the news constitution, Turkiye is expected to step always further instead of two step further and one steps backward because of the Western backed government opponent parties.

Almost all Western countries and terror organizations are trying their best for voting to be concluded with the victory of "NO" for a change. 

http://bit.ly/2oL2c2m 

Regardless of what the West would like to see, more power to the president will hurt the Turkish people. It's not healthy for a society use the excuse of "Western backed" opposition parties or "Western backed media" as a reason to muzzle and control how to make decisions and who can broadcast information.

5 minutes ago, marcus said:

Regardless of what the West would like to see, more power to the president will hurt the Turkish people. It's not healthy for a society use the excuse of "Western backed" opposition parties or "Western backed media" as a reason to muzzle and control how to make decisions and who can broadcast information.

Its still a democracy. We just take the wheel from two drivers and give it to one driver, we want our bus to go on the road. Still we decide where to go, not the bus driver.

1 hour ago, marcus said:

It works for the USA. Witness the over 70 illegal invasions since WWII. 

• Like 1

This is a country that throws people in jail for insulting the President.

We all would have been charged if it was illegal to insult a Prime Minister or U.S. President. We have that freedom.

If the President of Turkey is so sensitive towards petty insults how can he be trusted with more power?

• Like 1

It looks like Erdogan is set to win handily.  Turkey looks poised to dump parlimentary system in favor of the strongman system favored by her primitive neighbors. "Progress."

-k

19 hours ago, Altai said:

Its still a democracy. We just take the wheel from two drivers and give it to one driver, we want our bus to go on the road. Still we decide where to go, not the bus driver.

Whatever your country chooses, I hope it will work out well for you.  Only your country can decide what is best for you.  Today is Easter and the sun shining this morning.  This is a very important day in the christian calender that we personally are celebrating with church this morning and a special dinner later today.   Good day!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ash74 said:

This is a country that throws people in jail for insulting the President.

We all would have been charged if it was illegal to insult a Prime Minister or U.S. President. We have that freedom.

If the President of Turkey is so sensitive towards petty insults how can he be trusted with more power?

In my country, insult is not accepted as a part of freedom of speech for the same reason why its not also accepted as a part of freedom of speech in this forum. 

Edited by Altai

1 minute ago, Altai said:

In my country, insult is not accepted as a part of freedom of speech for the same reason why its not also accepted as a part of freedom of speech in this forum. 

The forum can set its own rules, right or wrong. For a government to regulate insults is oppression. 

Just now, bcsapper said:

The forum can set its own rules, right or wrong. For a government to regulate insults is oppression. 

People are free to express their ideas. Insults are not ideas but hate speeches. Your freedom ends when you start to violate other's rights. If you think that you have right to insult me, I have right to live in peace without being disturbed by others, you dont have right to attack me and disturb me just because of you want to do so. 

Its also forobidden in this forum because we all know that insult is not a part of freedom of speech. 

Just now, Altai said:

People are free to express their ideas. Insults are not ideas but hate speeches. Your freedom ends when you start to violate other's rights. If you think that you have right to insult me, I have right to live in peace without being disturbed by others, you dont have right to attack me and disturb me just because of you want to do so. 

Its also forobidden in this forum because we all know that insult is not a part of freedom of speech. 

I do have the right to insult you.  I suppose you could sue me in civil court, but I don't think the RCMP will have much enthusiasm for arresting me if you reported me for it. 

I should make it clear I would not insult you, but I do have the right. Go down to the Jays game this afternoon and see what happens when the Ump blows a call. The jails aren't big enough. 

Just now, bcsapper said:

I do have the right to insult you.  I suppose you could sue me in civil court, but I don't think the RCMP will have much enthusiasm for arresting me if you reported me for it. 

I should make it clear I would not insult you, but I do have the right. Go down to the Jays game this afternoon and see what happens when the Ump blows a call. The jails aren't big enough. 

Are we agree that human beings are creatures with feelings and they will feel bad when they have been insulted ? 

If we are agree in this part, you legally have no right to harm another person. If you have a problem with me, you need to go to a court with your proofs and evidences. You dont have right to harm me just because of you dont like me.

• Like 1

Just now, GostHacked said:

Tukey will no longer be considered democratic if they go this route of giving the President more power.

So when do we invade Turkey to restore democracy? AAAAHAHAHAH

Can you show me an article from the new constitution that against the democracy ? 

3 minutes ago, Altai said:

Are we agree that human beings are creatures with feelings and they will feel bad when they have been insulted ? 

If we are agree in this part, you legally have no right to harm another person. If you have a problem with me, you need to go to a court with your proofs and evidences. You dont have right to harm me just because of you dont like me.

One would have to legally define harm. If I tell you your driving stinks and you are an idiot after you cut me off in traffic your feelings might be hurt but I doubt I would do time for it. 

The fact is we have a basic difference of opinion.  To me, the right to freedom of speech trumps the right to not be offended. To you, it does not.

Luckily, we each live in a country where we get our own way. 

Just now, Altai said:

Do you know the meaning of democracy ? 

No, because I have not really seen a true democracy. We have various attempts at democracy, but nothing really true in the sense of the word.  To be honest I prefer the Republic approach and I would want a vote rate of 70% in order to pass big laws.

Turkey is moving away from democracy when it decides to put more power in the President's hands.  That has been proven time and time and time again.

Just now, bcsapper said:

One would have to legally define harm. If I tell you your driving stinks and you are an idiot after you cut me off in traffic your feelings might be hurt but I doubt I would do time for it. 

The fact is we have a basic difference of opinion.  To me, the right to freedom of speech trumps the right to not be offended. To you, it does not.

Luckily, we each live in a country where we get our own way. 

Right not to be offended ??? So this is like saying "I will shot you but try not to die, you dont have right to die". These insult laws are usually applied for deliberate personal attacks  Anyone could insult in traffic when they face with a mistake, its a momentary reaction and is not planned or deliberate personal attack. These kind of details are not written in the constitution and it should be written. 

17 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Without US intervention you would be singing "Soyuz Nerushimi" right now.

Always finding a way to excuse and justify destruction.

"They are defending our freedom!"

Sing it for us.

I'm glad they found a way to stop the Libyans, Iraqis, Afghanis, Yemenese, Syrians from taking over the West! Thank you!

24 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

No, because I have not really seen a true democracy. We have various attempts at democracy, but nothing really true in the sense of the word.  To be honest I prefer the Republic approach and I would want a vote rate of 70% in order to pass big laws.

Turkey is moving away from democracy when it decides to put more power in the President's hands.  That has been proven time and time and time again.

Hmm, I am agree with you in some points. But we dont apply anything different than many countries who claims of being democratic applies. I have ideas about this issue and actually you could make some estimates about my idea if you read my "There is nothing to discuss" topic. 

Edited by Altai

21 hours ago, Altai said:

By name.

Look at how freedom of speech is on a downhill in Turkey. Again, I understand the West's constant meddling in other countries, but you also lose when you take away freedom from people.

The best way to tackle outside corruption and influence is through educating the masses and creating an environment where people trust the government and the authorities instead of fearing them. The more you squeeze the people and take away their freedoms, the higher the chances of the influence of the outside groups becoming successful.