What's the future for treaty negotiations with native bands in B.C.?

Just looked through the report on the present status of treaties with native bands in B.C. and found that very few have been completed.  There is a six stage process.  A good number have reached stage four but seem to be stuck in that stage.  Many bands are not in any negotiation at all, which is their right.  Wonder how this bodes for resource development in B.C.  Not sure how one could know or find out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Status_of_First_Nations_treaties_in_British_Columbia

If you can get the blessing of a 1st Nation that has a treaty, you're very likely to go otherwise you're probably SOL.

In the meantime treaties in my region are one of the biggest drivers of our local economy as native people gear up to go fishing and logging in their territories. This usually involves employing a good number of non-native contractors.  This will likely change over time as more native people increase their own capacity to utilize their resources. 

None f the 14 bands in Yukon had treaties, 11 of them now have agreements with the government(s).

The entire system- with treaties, agreements or not- likely means that major new resource development in BC is finished, kaput, for the foreseable future.

I was wondering if anyone knows how it works with resource development if there is no treaty in an area.  Logging, mining, etc. seem to be continuing to operate in areas throughout the province and there are no treaties in most of these areas.  I would assume a treaty is not necessary to log and mine in an area.  It is still crown land even though native bands claim it is their traditional territory.  So what does a treaty accomplish?