North korea

Topaz

3 minutes ago, Argus said:

I don't think it's a coincidence that N Korea is acting up in the prelude to China's president coming to see Trump. No doubt he will offer to quiet them down in exchange for Trump ignoring all that stuff about trade imbalances he's been talking about.

That switch light tends to work well in favour of China. China can use Korea like a lever in negotiations. And this is not the first time. This is an economic war!

Edited by kactus

1 hour ago, kactus said:

Don't be naive.....China controls DPRK....

China has her hands full with this nut,should have been bombed back to the stone ages along time ago.

7 minutes ago, PIK said:

China has her hands full with this nut,should have been bombed back to the stone ages along time ago.

As has been pointed out, this isn't as simple as you make it out.  The passive voice in that sentence begs the question - who do you expect to do this for the world?  Well, we know.  They have the matter in hand now and there is nobody involved who has such a simple view of things.  That's good for the people of the region... Koreas, Japan etc.

8 minutes ago, PIK said:

.....Should have and would have....

Wishful thinking. That day when China will hold US by balls literally is not too far away...

6 hours ago, kactus said:

This point has already been discussed above....

Threatening and doing it are two different things...M.A.D. Besides you already stated that their nuclear capability could not survive a first strike...Then why in hell would they actually attack the US and the West. Their leader may be crazy but not stupid to sign their own death wish....

If you run around saying you are going to punch someone in the face, don't be surprised if they punch you first. If you know you are going to fight, never let the other guy have the first punch.

4 hours ago, kactus said:

.....Should have and would have....

Wishful thinking. That day when China will hold US by balls literally is not too far away...

At least the U.S. still has some balls.

Canada does nothing while worrying about the start of WW3.

The DPRK is not afraid of smart phone selfies.

9 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

first strike survival.

This is political-correctness's dad---book correctness.:lol:

Thousands Americans have been killed by suicide attackers since the 9/11 terrorist attacks. These a few attackers are far more successful than Saddam's 1 million army just because they even didn't expect to survive. Not everyone in the world would act according to the doctrines of American military books.:rolleyes:

I think Kim's military has some credibility and reliability if they want to make a huge mess on SK and even Japan. I bet these were what Tillerson heard from the leaders of East Asia three during his recent visit tour:

Tokyo

Tillerson: President Trump is considering military option...

Japanese PM(pissed in his pants): No. we are within the range of Kim's missiles. You should ask China to do something to stop NK and don't count me in...

Seoul

SK President(shit in pants):No. we are within the range of not only Kim's missiles, but also his artillery. You should ask China to do something to stop NK and don't count me in...

Beijing

Chinese Chairman: Good. When will you begin?

Tillerson: What? You are OK with this?

Chinese Chairman: Yes. Just tell me when it will happen so I will have my military ready to take over Taiwan....and don't forget to inform President Trump's and my mutual friend President Putin, I believe he will also need to get something ready to do:P

Edited by xul
  • Like 2
  • Downvote 1

41 minutes ago, xul said:

...I think Kim's military has some credibility and reliability if they want to make a huge mess on SK and even Japan. I bet these were what Tillerson heard from the leaders of East Asia three during his recent visit tour:

The discussion above was in the context of DPRK nuclear weapons and delivery platforms as a credible, reliable, and survivable nuclear deterrent, the essence of "MAD".  

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

The discussion above was in the context of DPRK nuclear weapons and delivery platforms as a credible, reliable, and survivable nuclear deterrent, the essence of "MAD".  

He may not need to use the military book's way to deliver a nuclear warhead. NK has built many underground tunnels deep into SK. What if Kim uses these tunnels to deliver nuke?

I remember during the Gulf War, Saddam managed to delivery the warheads of ballistic missiles on to Saudi Arabia and Israel almost through the war, and American air superiority could not stop them. Fortunately Saddam didn't have nuke but Kim does.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, xul said:

He may not need to use the military book's way to deliver a nuclear warhead. NK has built many underground tunnels deep into SK. What if Kim uses these tunnels to deliver nuke?

That would be a tactical strike inviting complete response and end of DPRK.   We call it "suicide".

I remember during the Gulf War, Saddam managed to delivery the warheads of ballistic missiles on to Saudi Arabia and Israel almost through the war, and American air superiority could not stop them. Fortunately Saddam didn't have nuke but Kim does.

Saddam's unguided SCUDs were only effective psychologically, and Israel purposely refrained from bombing Iraq at U.S. request to avoid further escalation in the region.

6 hours ago, Wilber said:

If you run around saying you are going to punch someone in the face, don't be surprised if they punch you first. If you know you are going to fight, never let the other guy have the first punch.

Not an appropriate comparison. We are talking about nuclear attack and politics...a tad different from a street fight. 

6 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

At least the U.S. still has some balls.

Canada does nothing while worrying about the start of WW3.

The DPRK is not afraid of smart phone selfies.

US may have been he balls for now but not stupid enough to engage the chinese. 

Canada's way of thinking is smart like the the rest of the world worrying about the start of WW3. It is usually the US with the gun ho approach that is the problem....

4 minutes ago, kactus said:

US may have been he balls for now but not stupid enough to engage the chinese. 

Canada's way of thinking is smart like the the rest of the world worrying about the start of WW3. It is usually the US with the gun ho approach that is the problem....

Better start worrying then, because the U.S. just bombed Syria while Trump dined with the president of China.

Canada's Team Trudeau (no balls)...will have comments in the morning.

Good practice for North Korea....

Edited by bush_cheney2004

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Better start worrying then, because the U.S. just bombed Syria while Trump dined with the president of China.

Canada's Team Trudeau (no balls)...will have comments in the morning.

Good practice for North Korea....

Rest assured US can do f@ck all about NK as long as China is behind them. Besides, DRPK has the deterrent which is what keeps the US at bay. These war of words have been going on for years. And that is regardless if Trump or another republican twat is the president. Prime minister Justin Trudeau and Theresa May (no balls understandably) are just happy to get along with business as usual...

42 minutes ago, betsy said:

The attack on Syria must be a message too, for  fatso Jong.

I think him, like his father and the father's father:P has already taken the message from previous US presidents:

If he didn't have nuke, like Saddam, Gaddafi, Milosevic...., he would be a dead man already.

What is happening in Syria is another example. US even doesn't want to consider and investigate Syria government's explanation---the traditional bomb hits the rebel's chemical weapon workshop---before bombing Bashar al-Assad, just because President Trump needs an action to keep his face after many failure in US domestic politics. Syrian government's explanation sounds reasonable because what is the goal of Syria government to use chemical weapons? Their tradition weapons outnumbers rebel's and their military is achieving victory. It is illogical that they used chemical weapon under current circumstances.

Edited by xul
  • Like 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, xul said:

I think him, like his father and the father's father:P has already taken the message from previous US presidents:

If he didn't have nuke, like Saddam, Gaddafi, Milosevic...., he would be a dead man already.

What is happening in Syria is another example. US even doesn't want to consider and investigate Syria government's explanation---the traditional bomb hits the rebel's chemical weapon workshop---before bombing Bashar al-Assad, just because President Trump needs an action to keep his face after many failure in US domestic politics. Syrian government's explanation sounds reasonable because what is the goal of Syria government to use chemical weapons? Their tradition weapons outnumbers rebel's and their military is achieving victory. It is illogical that they used chemical weapon under current circumstances.

Canada supports Trump's action.  Other countries support it as well. 

8 hours ago, kactus said:

Not an appropriate comparison. We are talking about nuclear attack and politics...a tad different from a street fight. 

Kim boy is talking about nuclear attacks, not the rest of the world. My guess is that there would be a major conventional attack on his nuclear capability before any nuclear option is considered. The longer that is put off, the harder it will be to accomplish. Unfortunately, I think another war on the Korean peninsula is becoming much more likely and Kim boy's behaviour is the reason why..

1 hour ago, Wilber said:

Kim boy is talking about nuclear attacks, not the rest of the world. My guess is that there would be a major conventional attack on his nuclear capability before any nuclear option is considered. The longer that is put off, the harder it will be to accomplish. Unfortunately, I think another war on the Korean peninsula is becoming much more likely and Kim boy's behaviour is the reason why..

You do realise the NK saga has been going on for years right? And every administration in the white house has been using this as a brownie point to deflect from domestic issues?

1 minute ago, kactus said:

You do realise the NK saga has been going on for years right? And every administration in the white house has been using this as a brownie point to deflect from domestic issues?

North Korea is Trump's fault...am I right?

9 minutes ago, kactus said:

So North Korea's neighbours don't count, it is all about the White House for you.