Mogherini Urges ‘Strong Push’ For Syria Peace Talks

RedBack

EU foreign affairs chief Federica Mogherini urged the international community to press ahead with Syria peace talks at the Syrian aid conference in Brussels.

According to her statement, it has become even more urgent after a suspected chemical weapons attack left more than 70 dead in a rebel-held town.

“We need to give a push, a strong push to the political talks in Geneva. We have to unite the international community behind these negotiations,” Mogherini said as she went into the Syrian aid conference in Brussels.

||   What do you think of this statement and the current situation around Syria?

Edited by RedBack

IS there any real evidence that it was the gov't that  used chemicals? Why I ask is, the following article says it may not be true and the last thing anyone wants is a bigger war in the Middle-East. The article says a UN weapons expert doesn't think Syria did it and it could have been a terrorist group in the area that has used chemicals in the past.                                                                 http://www.globalresearch.ca/jumping-to-conclusions-something-is-not-adding-up-in-idlib-chemical-weapons-attack/5583500 

“We need to give a push, a strong push to the political talks in Geneva. We have to unite the international community behind these negotiations,” Mogherini said as she went into the Syrian aid conference in Brussels.

It is just the usual handwringing wankery you'd expect from the Buffoons in Brussels.

Everybody, and I mean everybody, involved knows that there will be no peace, no negotiations, and no settlement, as long as Assad is part of the process.  That lack of settlement suits Assad, since his option are limited.   If he surrenders power, it will result in the immediate yet perversely slow deaths of himself, his family and every person associated with his regime.  or, he can keep Russia as a friend and remian President for life.  There is no peaceful solution, or any change at all, unless Russia steps aside.  Another bloodbath will follow that.

The statement is pointless and ultimately very cynical.

I am very sceptical about the so called rebels involvement in Syria. Not only because of what media makes us believe about the Assad regime but the works of the West and saudi backed terrorists who are involved in this conflict and their tactics to makes this country weaker and weaker each day:

Syrian rebels used Sarin nerve gas, not Assad’s regime: U.N. official

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/may/6/syrian-rebels-used-sarin-nerve-gas-not-assads-regi/

46 minutes ago, kactus said:

I am very sceptical about the so called rebels involvement in Syria. Not only because of what media makes us believe about the Assad regime but the works of the West and saudi backed terrorists who are involved in this conflict and their tactics to makes this country weaker and weaker each day:

Syrian rebels used Sarin nerve gas, not Assad’s regime: U.N. official

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/may/6/syrian-rebels-used-sarin-nerve-gas-not-assads-regi/

Where would the rebels get it? Time to bomb the shit out of assad and his cronies.

8 hours ago, Wilber said:

So how are the rebels going to deliver this gas? Where is their air force? Where are their missiles? Where is their artillery capable of delivering gas shells? Are they planning on nerve gas suicide backpack and car bombs?

Read the article....It's WASHINGTON TIMES! Not exactly a Pro-Assad regime mouthpiece....Because I know if it was Aljazira or any other Arab news outlet some people will be screaming about biased sources...

Edited by kactus

This attack is done by US. Because Trump meant that "We dont care Assad stay or leave, does not matter for us" and the next day this attack is happened and US had to carry out an counter attack to Assad regime. 

So the anti-Trump side in US government keeps trying to fall Trump into false cases and bad statesmen image.

I believe it is Assad criminal regime who made the chemical attack and it is shameful. This regime is criminal by nature and have caused so many suffering on innocent people and must all be put on trial for war crimes. I support US bombing of Syrian regime air base today and I hope this would be the beginning of a downfall for the murderous Assad regime. Funny that both Russia and Iran condemned the US attack!!!!! They have been bombing Syria themselves for months now. What a hypycrites.

4 hours ago, kactus said:

Go and have a think about it...prolonging such proxy wars requires more than Assad regime....minimum level of allued troops involved for maximum damage [hint]

I am asking you, so tell me? And how would it be delivered. Ever think that the west is watching every move going on in syria and actually watched the planes take off? Every idiot in the world will just love the fact they can do what it wants and the idiots in the west will blame america every time.

4 hours ago, kactus said:

Read the article....It's WASHINGTON TIMES! Not exactly a Pro-Assad regime mouthpiece....Because I know if it was Aljazira or any other Arab news outlet some people will be screaming about biased sources...

That doesn't answer the question.

Just now, Wilber said:

That doesn't answer the question.

You don't demand answers especially to something as sensitive as this....

8 minutes ago, PIK said:

I am asking you, so tell me? And how would it be delivered. Ever think that the west is watching every move going on in syria and actually watched the planes take off? Every idiot in the world will just love the fact they can do what it wants and the idiots in the west will blame america every time.

And every idiot in the west can blame all their problems for not getting errection or menopause on Assad regime....

Look....this is not the place to get personal and the mere fact that you are making insinuation that people who don't necessarily agree with your viewpoints are just idiots tells much about your shallow viewpoint. I didn't come here to throw insults so stay civil...

The casualty figure seem a tad low for a deliberate sarin attack...jus' saying.

Sarin is graded by purity and unlike VX, has a rather short shelf life once mixed. So was this batched just cooked-up in the field? Or was it a laboratory?

There are no good solutions in Syria. It seems there's a consensus that Assad needs to go. . . well except from Russia, Iran and North Korea. 

So what does the US do? Invade and overthrow Assad or just weaken him and let Isis take over. That turned out horribly in Libya. Or do you insert your own puppet dictator, which hasn't worked well throughout history. 

The fate of Assad could lead to a military confrontation between the US and Russia. WW3 shit right there. 

Maybe it is time for the west to pull out completely and also shut down all immigration from the ME and force these countries to clean up thier act and start getting along with each other. Or otherwise ,it will never end and the west will just keep taking more in until the whole world is a cesspool.

10 minutes ago, Boges said:

There are no good solutions in Syria. It seems there's a consensus that Assad needs to go. . . well except from Russia, Iran and North Korea. 

So what does the US do? Invade and overthrow Assad or just weaken him and let Isis take over. That turned out horribly in Libya. Or do you insert your own puppet dictator, which hasn't worked well throughout history. 

The fate of Assad could lead to a military confrontation between the US and Russia. WW3 shit right there. 

Russia will do nothing but read Assad the riot act for doing what they did.

1 minute ago, PIK said:

Maybe it is time for the west to pull out completely and also shut down all immigration from the ME and force these countries to clean up thier act and start getting along with each other. Or otherwise ,it will never end and the west will just keep taking more in until the whole world is a cesspool.

That would be seen as racist. 

18 minutes ago, Boges said:

Survival of Assad regime is totally irrelevant to North Korea....maybe China but nothing to do with NK

11 minutes ago, PIK said:

....That cesspool people keep referring to is very important to the West, Russia and China....But hey only if all the above could keep their nose out of that region...A dream come true!

1 hour ago, kactus said:

It comes down to the quality of question....

Or the inability to answer the question. It's like those who maintain Canada should have nuclear weapons. How do they plan on delivering those weapons? Just as valid a question when it comes to chemical weapons.

Edited by Wilber

1 hour ago, Boges said:

That would be seen as racist. 

Probably. But the time has come to shit or get off the pot. 5 yrs now, 500,000 dead half mil are now refugees. Where is the UN, trying to figure out a way to criticize Israel for it.Also time to gut the UN and put people from the west into the top positions and get the place cleaned up. The dictators of the world have ruined the place.

• Downvote 2