Right Wing Extremism

This is definitely a major problem, not only in Canada but around the world. It's evident here at MLW. People will make racist statements, vile, awful remarks that were last heard when?, in the Red Scare of the 1950s. 

•  
  • Right-Wing Extremism Is Thriving in Canada

Right-Wing Extremism Is Thriving in Canada

By Rachel Browne

February 19, 2016

Daniel Gallant first tried to kill himself when he was 12 years old, a way to escape the trauma of being raised in a home filled with sexual and physical abuse. When that didn't work, he ran away and spent the rest of his teenage years in the care of child services in British Columbia, psychiatric wards, and in juvenile detention for theft.

At 18, Gallant was living on the harsh streets of east Vancouver, squatting in abandoned buildings and doing whatever he could to feed his addiction to alcohol and drugs.

His deep frustration with himself and everything around him played right into the hands of a group of skinheads and neo-Nazis he met one day while he was smoking a joint on Granville Street. Right away, Gallant felt like he belonged with the hodgepodge of men from the Klu Klux Klan, Heritage Front, and World Church of the Creator, all driven by the belief in a superior white race.

"They gave me an outline for who to blame for my life and for the state of the world," said Gallant in an interview.

|

Edited by hot enough
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

The left is becoming more and more extreme in its ideology, and the right is moving more extreme and racist as well.  Blame identity politics.  Lovely times we live in.  I miss the 1990's.

I would say Identity politics is a subset of partisan politics.