EVIDENCE FOR GOD

betsy

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

Do I detect some cynicism?  Time for me to go anyway.  Maybe watch Trump documentary on CBC now starting.   Remember now is the day of salvation.  Don't put it off.

More realism than cynicism. There is no day of salvation. And are you trying to conflate god and trump somehow? wowzy!

4 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Do I detect some cynicism?  Time for me to go anyway.  Maybe watch Trump documentary on CBC now starting.   Remember now is the day of salvation.  Don't put it off.

April 01 is the day of salvation?  Is this some kind of joke?

5 hours ago, betsy said:

Of course, the best evidence of all is the personal experience that billions of people share as testimony through the ages, as how the living God had touched their lives.

The living God touched my mothers life very personaly by having her father engage her in sexual congress whenever he came back from his prospecting forays. Being a god-fearing Christian, he would read passages from the bible to her afterwards to cleanse her of sin because he cared dearly for her soul. Testimony don't mean shit. It's what one does each day that matters.

33 minutes ago, Peter F said:

The living God touched my mothers life very personaly by having her father engage her in sexual congress whenever he came back from his prospecting forays. Being a god-fearing Christian, he would read passages from the bible to her afterwards to cleanse her of sin because he cared dearly for her soul. Testimony don't mean shit. It's what one does each day that matters.

That's a very strong and touching story to hear, but of course it's not the only one. What sins have been hidden under some guise of religion? And you're right, what we do day to day is what's important. And I didn't need the 10 commandments to tell me not to kill anybody. Apparently some people wouldn't know that without guidance from gawd.

12 hours ago, betsy said:

The CREATOR has intimate knowledge of His Creation. How can He not?
If He was the One who designed and created....of course, He knows everything about it!

The heading of the beginning of the Bible, is about........ the beginning. It simply states: The Beginning
The very first statement of the Old Testament - Genesis 1 - is an official declaration by the Creator.

Genesis 1

The Beginning
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

That first statement informs us that:
1. the universe had a beginning
2. it was Created
3. the Creator is God. God of Abraham. The Biblical God.

Well... thanks to science, we do know now that the universe had indeed a beginning!  The Big Bang.   

The bible is not evidence any more than the Koran is evidence.  

7 hours ago, Omni said:

They're just scared shitless of death so they make up various story's to try to alleviate that fear. And of course millions got and get killed along the way. There ain't no god. When you die, you die. Ashes to ashes and all that.

That's just your opinion. 

Science does not reject religious experience. 

"Science is not the only way of acquiring knowledge about ourselves and the world around us. Humans gain understanding in many other ways, such as through literature, the arts, philosophical reflection, and religious experience.

https://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/site/faq.html

So many of these folks' God-experience ended up in conversions.  And a lot of these folks give evidence to the truth in their testimonies, by their transformed lives.

2 minutes ago, betsy said:

That's just your opinion. 

Science does not reject religious experience. 

https://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/site/faq.html

So many of these folks' God-experience ended up in conversions.  And a lot of these folks give evidence to the truth in their testimonies, by their transformed lives.

Hearsay is not evidence I'm afraid.

1 minute ago, betsy said:

If science is open to the possibility of God.........

..........................all those who reject that possibility are showing that they've closed their minds. 

What are you afraid of?

Science is open minded.Religion not so much.

5 hours ago, Peter F said:

I've no doubt that it happened.   Not to downplay the abuse and sufferings your mother endured, but we see that with some pastors and priests!  They'd abused not only people.....they'd also used and abused the Bible.

We have so many angry apostates.  My co-worker talked of her father who beat them on a regular basis, and he went to church regularly.  She sounded so bitter when she explained the reason she lost her faith in God.  So many Christians  turned away from God for the sins committed by other people.  They are usually the most vocal and rabid in forums, because they're hurting.  They're very, very angry and bitter.

If you don't believe in the supernatural, naturally you wouldn't believe it when I say that we are also engaged in a spiritual battle.  By that, I mean we are at war with the devil. 

We are always under-sieged by the devil, since his goal is to turn as many as he can away from God.  That's why we're bombarded with temptation.

22 minutes ago, Omni said:

Science is open minded.

Yes.  Science admits its capacity is limited, and it does not reject the possibility of the supernatural.  BUT you do reject it.

Therefore.....you're admitting you're close-minded.

You are wilfully closing your mind. I don't mean that as an insult, but that's what you're basically doing.  You're closing your mind to what science is saying. 

For atheists who rely on science as the harbringer of evidence and proof - of "truth" - it is therefore interesting to see you guys turning away from what science says when it comes to the supernatural!  Thus I ask......

What are you afraid of?

Edited by betsy

9 minutes ago, betsy said:

If you don't believe in the supernatural, naturally you wouldn't believe it when I say that we are also engaged in a spiritual battle.  By that, I mean we are at war with the devil. 

We are always under-sieged by the devil, since his goal is to turn as many as he can away from God.  That's why we're bombarded with temptation.

I see, so we can sin all we want and at the end of the day we just blame the "devil" How convenient.

Really, examine all your responses here.  I didn't bother responding to some since most are all knee-jerk responses.  Most of these knee-jerk responses basically say:

If I don't acknowledge it, it isn't true.  

If I close my eyes to it, the possibility isn't there.

If I close my mind to it, it can't be.

It mustn't be!

Edited by betsy

4 minutes ago, betsy said:

Yes.  Science admits its capacity is limited, and it does not reject the possibility of the supernatural.  BUT you do reject it.

Therefore.....you're admitting you're close-minded.

You are wilfully closing your mind. I don't mean that as an insult, but that's what you're basically doing.  You're closing your mind to what science is saying. 

For atheists who rely on science as the harbringer of evidence and proof - of "truth" - it is therefore interesting to see you guys turning away from what science says when it comes to the supernatural!  Thus I ask......

What are you afraid of?

I'm simply afraid of people who make up weird fantasies that end up in killing war simply because they can't accept the idea of mortality.

1 minute ago, Omni said:

I see, so we can sin all we want and at the end of the day we just blame the "devil" How convenient.

You have an odd way of understanding what's being said.  Here, let me re-post that:

we are also engaged in a spiritual battle.  By that, I mean we are at war with the devil. 

So, how did you translate that into sinning all you want?

Just now, betsy said:

You have an odd way of understanding what's being said.  Here, let me re-post that:

So, how did you translate that into sinning all you want?

You and yours may be at war with the devil. I choose not to make up things to hate or to worship. I think, I don't follow some phony leader. Give it a try sometime.

10 minutes ago, Omni said:

I'm simply afraid of people who make up weird fantasies that end up in killing war simply because they can't accept the idea of mortality.

Baloney.  You're deflecting. It's a poor attempt, though.

If that's your rationale, then it's askewed.  We're in more danger from people who don't believe there is life after death, that this life is the only life they've got.......and by golly, they better make the most of it, and do everything they want to do....before they're extinguished!  We're very much in danger from relativistic atheists who can manipulate and twist what is right and wrong to suit what they want!

Science is open-minded about the possibility of the supernatural - in fact, it went on public to say so.  You guys, on the other hand, had gone as far as to reject what science is saying.  There has to be a reason for that.

You're afraid - I just don't know what exactly you're afraid of.

Edited by betsy

3 minutes ago, Omni said:

You and yours may be at war with the devil. I choose not to make up things to hate or to worship. I think, I don't follow some phony leader. Give it a try sometime.

Just because you don't believe it....doesn't mean it isn't happening.

1 minute ago, betsy said:

Baloney.  You're deflecting. It's a poor attempt, though.

If that's your rationale, then it's askewed.  We're in more danger from people who don't believe there is life after death, that this life is the only life they've got.......and by golly, they better make the most of it, and do everything they want to do....before they're extinguished!  We're very much in danger from relativistic atheists who can manipulate what is right and wrong to suit what they want!

Science is open-minded about the possibility of the supernatural - in fact, it went on public to say so.  You guys, on the other hand, had gone as far as to reject what science is saying.  There has to be a reason for that.

You're afraid - I just don't know what exactly you're afraid of.

How many millions have been murdered in religious wars. That's what I'm afraid of.