A different kind of troll

Argus

On 3/30/2017 at 10:39 PM, eyeball said:

Internet trolls? This is all the electoral interference it takes to unhinge the US?

Seems a little over-sensitive in the face of some of the things the US has done when it interferes in the election of another country's government. Heck, it'll go right in and overthrow it when it suits.

I agree with u 100% and certain American news shows keep talking about how wronged they were by Russia and yet they do it to other countries..well TWO wrongs don't make it right!

15 hours ago, Charles Anthony said:

The distinction is so important that recognizing (or not) any of those labels as insults is an irrelevent point. 

It does not matter how you or I or anybody recognize any of those labels because our racism, sexism, homophobia, islamophobia, anti-semitism, etc. are not the topics of discussion.   If you encounter thread derailment, please avoid feeding it.  If you encounter a thread derailment that comes in the form of an insult, please do not respond in kind.  If you want an insulting post censored, then please do not add to our workload** by quoting/responding to the same post.   

** It is not a question of workload. 

Back to the topic of this thread. 

I do not see anything different and luckily it does not matter.  If somebody can clearly elucidate what they want mod staff to do with "A different kind of troll" I would appreciate that. 

Yeah, 

Edited by Hal 9000

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. So, respond to them or ignore them.  The moderators won't remove posts you don't agree with.

2. I doubt that.

I didn't say I wont ever post.  I'll post what I want and if that's calling out a someone , then that's what I'll do.

10 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:
  13 hours ago, Hal 9000 said:

1. Trolls like Omni , HE and BC are killing this forum and you allow it.  

1. Omni - Not a troll. (<----that's a period).  I may not like what he has to say, but he's not trolling.  Misinformed maybe, but not a troll.

2. HE - Really great guy with a HUGE interest in science.  If you don't like the posts, don't take the bait.

3. BC - Not a troll. (<----that's another period right there).  You may not like what he has to say, but he's not trolling.  Throws it back in Canadian's faces, but not a troll.

4. Me - "Trollish" from the Latin "Trollish" meaning "to have tendencies to troll occasionally".

Edited by Hydraboss
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/08/2017 at 1:02 PM, Charles Anthony said:

Folks,

Do not quote posts that you want censored. Do not respond to posts that you want censored. If you want a post censored, then report that post and tell us why you want it censored and then ignore it and move on.  If you want a fellow member censored, send us a Personal Message saying so and saying why so and do not converse with that member. 

HINT: The set of "ignore it" actions excludes the "quote it" and the "respond to it" actions.

If the above directives are too difficult to follow, then whatever problem exists lies elsewhere and MLW Support can not help.

If the above directives disagree with you, then go elsewhere. 

The one time I reported to you I was accused of abetting baby raping priests. You shit on me for having the audacity to complain.

Well, the person doing it was one of your pet lefties, so I guess I deserved it in your eyes. No hypocrisy in moderation here folks.

• Like 2

Can't say for sure about rapist priests but you certainly abet countries and governments that behave in a very similar manner - we all do, whether we like it or not.

I know I don't like it but I'm not sure about you.

Edited by eyeball

Indeed, we do have a different kind of troll.  I felt like I got trolled by our own Moderator! 

I posted a mock-topic under Arts and Culture - under the advise of Charles Anthony - as a way to see if this board needs a new section, GENERAL DISCUSSION - and I followed what he said. (Refer to the exchanges between Charles and me on page 3 of General Discussion thread - if it isn't taken down yet).

Squid - who's been busy trolling and baiting the board with insults  in his status updates - was the first one to respond, and he threw an insult right away.  What do you think happens to a troll who seems to be bent on trashing a board -  especially when it's well-known that certain disgruntled members of this board are trying to recruit  members of MLW?

Some of us, suspect, that trashing MLW is a way to have this board die out.....and getting members from here to move to the newly-created forum, and getting their recruited members to be actively participating in that forum instead of MLW.  It's like dual citizenship for some, you see - some new recruits  are still busy here, thus it ain't really busy over there. 

When we see what's happening.....wouldn't LOYAL board members come out to defend it?

Well, Charles Anthony not only didn't deal with Squid's response, he took down that thread  He responded to Scribblet's status update (inquiring about the Boa thread that was taken down by CA), , and placed the whole blame on me - calling the topic, a trolling topic! 

What trolling topic is he on about? He knew why I posted that topic!  It was supposed to be a MOCK-TOPIC!

If this is how things are handled.....I'm beginning to understand the strong resentment/anger some former members feel..........and I think I now emphatize with that feeling.

I feel so terribly betrayed by our Moderator.

Edited by betsy

On 9/5/2017 at 11:16 AM, drummindiver said:

The one time I reported to you I was accused of abetting baby raping priests. You shit on me for having the audacity to complain.

Well, the person doing it was one of your pet lefties, so I guess I deserved it in your eyes. No hypocrisy in moderation here folks.

Look what happened to me!  I got lured into creating a mock-topic by our moderator - and then he threw me under the bus!

It must be personal for him now, I think.  Letting the real troll - who's been very obviously trolling all over the place, go scott-free?  Why would anyone do something batshooot crazy....if it ain't personal?

Well I've lost my appetite....I'm going to take off for a while.....

Edited by betsy

Perhaps Charles just made a mistake. I understand you being a little upset about it though. At least you didn't get a warning point. :)
You've raked him over the coals quite nicely, and the thread is now restored so what more do you want? An apology will likely not be forthcoming! :lol:

Your comments about the other forum are spot-on. I don't post there, why bother since this forum is here already well-developed. But I have looked at it. People like @The_Squid and @Michael Hardner post insulting comments about MLW members. They even discuss plans to make posts here. Some of them (like squid, it appears) come here primarily to trash this forum and create discord. What they don't get is every forum has problems like this. Even their new one will face the same difficulties, and this behaviour by those members who left, people like squid encouraged by people like MH only adds to the problem.

Edited by OftenWrong
theY
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, Charles Anthony said:

We do not need more folks trashing other folks.  We have enough of that. 

You trashed me!!!

I can understand you taking trolling comments off - but why the heck did you leave Squid's trolling post on that thread?  Did it contribute anything at all?

Why is Squid's post UNTOUCHABLE to you?

Edited by betsy

On 9/10/2017 at 9:35 AM, OftenWrong said:

Is it not "a different kind of troll"? Your call of course.

There seems to be a misunderstanding. I am not asking anybody to help identify anything different.  I am asking:  "What do you want us to do?" after an identification is accepted.   So far, the only positive response is made in jest.

Be that as it may, I am also telling folks to refrain from using these forums to act out childish vendettas. 

On 9/10/2017 at 10:24 AM, betsy said:

I can understand you taking trolling comments off - but why the heck did you leave Squid's trolling post on that thread? 

--- because I responded to it.

On 9/10/2017 at 10:24 AM, betsy said:

Did it contribute anything at all?

Of course it did by virtue of my response.  I clarified a misunderstanding. 

MOD BIAS: Nobody who read the nonsense posted in that thread needs me to tell them that there was an obvious misunderstanding about what is permitted to be posted here in the forums. 

Going thrice....

On 8/23/2017 at 5:46 PM, Charles Anthony said:

If somebody can clearly elucidate what they want mod staff to do with "A different kind of troll" I would appreciate that. 

Can we all agree that people who come out of nowhere identifying themselves as ethnic and making outrageously racist and stupid postings in big, bright blue letters are trolls and should be deleted?

• Like 1