Quran have been attacked

5 minutes ago, hot enough said:

You might not have a full grasp of the extent of this in Canada and the USA right now, in 2017. I was shocked by the numbers for the USA. I recently posted an article on this. 

I have a full grasp and knowledge  that you always reveal yourselves.

25 minutes ago, dialamah said:

I draw the line where someone feels threatened or where physical assault occurs.

If someone rips apart a Quran at a meeting, that is violent but not threatening.   Ripping up a Quran on a Muslim family's front walk would be violent and harassing, and possibly threatening.

I don't agree with Altai that the act of ripping up a Quran should result in jail.  

I believe I understand what H.E. is trying to say: Altai's cultural norms are different than ours and we are only too happy to criticize and condemn her just as we (or some of us, anyway) do Muslims generally.  At the same time, we ignore our own culture's acts of violence and inhumanity because we so firmly believe we are in the right.  The innocent victims of our violence are not comforted because we aren't Daesh; they are just as injured or dead as they would be if Daesh were their attacker. But most people in the West ignore or are unaware of the actual extent of our collateral damage, partly because our kills don"t get the exposure Daesh kills get; our governments certainly aren't forthcoming about this issue and the media reports on it are often ignored, downplayed or disputed.   It helps that we are so certain of our moral high ground that we simply discount the reality of the horror our military interventions impose on the people in the countries we are "helping".   And I'm not pointing fingers either; I do exactly the same thing.  In my heart I know Daesh is evil but its only in my head that I understand that the States and Canada and all our allies together have killed as many or perhaps more innocent people than has Daesh.   

I don't believe that either Altai or H.E. think tearing up a Quran is as bad as killing 100 people.   But I haven't read every post on this thread so if they said that somewhere please do quote it for me, if you want.

Thank you for the thoughtful reply.  

I feel the same as you with the exception that I don't think that discussing what's going on in Islam right now means that we are all completely unaware or agree with things the West has done.  I just feel it should be discussed as its own topic and not used to distract from or justify Islamic terrorism, which is what H. E. does.  He's been invited quite a few times to start a topic on it, but chooses instead to keep popping it into unrelated discussions like some kind of rabid whack-a-mole.

I hope this makes sense, as I apparently have a very poor grasp of the English language.  :D

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I hope this makes sense, as I apparently have a very poor grasp of the English language 

I just feel it should be discussed as its own topic and not used to distract from or justify Islamic terrorism, which is what H. E. does.  

You make it apparent that you have a poor grasp of English and logic with your every post. The two issues are inextricably linked. How can there be such a disconnect from reality among folks like you.

I do not condone any acts of violence by anyone yet that is what I am accused of, often. But none of you speak up about the highly disproportionate, in numbers and brutality, murder rate committed by western countries who are right now, who have been since long before 911, doing this. 

You actually make serious attempts to stop any and all discussions on the actual instigators of this whole sorry mess. 

Why are all of you so terrified of discussing all these interrelated incidents and events? Why is the west's story of 911 such a verboten topic? There's not a soul who says or is willing to say, 

"What? The WTC7 report has been reported by a top US forensic engineer to be a fraud. Perhaps we should give this another look." 

You can see scary parallels to what many of you folks are doing, are engaging in in the Red Scare thread. 

3 minutes ago, hot enough said:

You make it apparent that you have a poor grasp of English and logic with your every post. The two issues are inextricably linked. How can there be such a disconnect from reality among folks like you.

I do not condone any acts of violence by anyone yet that is what I am accused of, often. But none of you speak up about the highly disproportionate, in numbers and brutality, murder rate committed by western countries who are right now, who have been since long before 911, doing this. 

You actually make serious attempts to stop any and all discussions on the actual instigators of this whole sorry mess. 

Why are all of you so terrified of discussing all these interrelated incidents and events? Why is the west's story of 911 such a verboten topic? There's not a soul who says or is willing to say, 

"What? The WTC7 report has been reported by a top US forensic engineer to be a fraud. Perhaps we should give this another look." 

You can see scary parallels to what many of you folks are doing, are engaging in in the Red Scare thread. 

I still haven't had an answer to the question of why, if what you say is true, not one single media outlet, left, right or centre, has reported on this.  It would be a fantastic story, and would make careers.  But nothing.  How come?

5 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

I still haven't had an answer to the question of why, if what you say is true, not one single media outlet, left, right or centre, has reported on this.  It would be a fantastic story, and would make careers.  But nothing.  How come?

Shall we wait to see how many folks attack you for being "off topic"? 

That will tell you all you need to know. 

The Red Scare should be your other clue.

Just now, hot enough said:

Shall we wait to see how many folks attack you for being "off topic"? 

That will tell you all you need to know. 

The Red Scare should be your other clue.

I'm not that into seafood.  I thought I was just answering your post.

44 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Now this is how one demonstrates one's disdain for the Qu'ran....desecration with a capital "D".

****WARNING****

Includes the ripping of pages...hide the children !

Taqiyya

Those who don't know what that word means just google it.

26 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Thank you for the thoughtful reply.  

I feel the same as you with the exception that I don't think that discussing what's going on in Islam right now means that we are all completely unaware or agree with things the West has done.  I just feel it should be discussed as its own topic and not used to distract from or justify Islamic terrorism, which is what H. E. does.  He's been invited quite a few times to start a topic on it, but chooses instead to keep popping it into unrelated discussions like some kind of rabid whack-a-mole.

I hope this makes sense, as I apparently have a very poor grasp of the English language.  :D

Perhaps H.E. is DoP's alter-ego.   :P   

I guess the point might be that the West's actions don't get discussed to the degree that Muslim terror attacks get discussed.  Why is an attack in which 5 people were killed rate a thread here, but an attack in which 200 were killed does not?   Are the 200 Muslims caught by a coalition bombing raid of less importance than the 5 people in the UK?   We're told it was because of a truck left full of explosives by the bad guys that was really why those people were killed, but who knows for sure?   Certainly I don't.   I find the whole situation quite disheartening whether it's yet another terror attack or wondering if my 'side' is lying to me about the people they are targeting and killing.   But I guess I'll soon be swatted for off-topic, so I'll end this tangent now.   

And yes, it's really too bad about your English.   I have always envied people who can speak multiple languages; it seems to me that learning a foreign language gives you unique insight into a different world, especially if you are fluent enough to understand their jokes and innuendos.

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Why is an attack in which 5 people were killed rate a thread here, but an attack in which 200 were killed does not?

You might ask further, why isn't there anyone talking about the 4 million killed, half of them before 911, yet people can go on and on and on about, very possibly, a fella who has gotten so tired and sick of his people, at least 4 million, being killed, and how many countries attacked and ruined. 

Don't you think that you all are just a wee bit too sanguine about the huge disparity?

4 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Perhaps H.E. is DoP's alter-ego.   :P   

I guess the point might be that the West's actions don't get discussed to the degree that Muslim terror attacks get discussed.  Why is an attack in which 5 people were killed rate a thread here, but an attack in which 200 were killed does not?   Are the 200 Muslims caught by a coalition bombing raid of less importance than the 5 people in the UK?   We're told it was because of a truck left full of explosives by the bad guys that was really why those people were killed, but who knows for sure?   Certainly I don't.   I find the whole situation quite disheartening whether it's yet another terror attack or wondering if my 'side' is lying to me about the people they are targeting and killing.   But I guess I'll soon be swatted for off-topic, so I'll end this tangent now.   

And yes, it's really too bad about your English.   I have always envied people who can speak multiple languages; it seems to me that learning a foreign language gives you unique insight into a different world, especially if you are fluent enough to understand their jokes and innuendos.

I think it's perfectly natural to assign levels to certain things, including deaths.  The nearer a person is to a war zone, the less surprising a death is, the less chance it has of having its own thread.  An individual's life has equivalent importance, unless they are family or friends, I guess, but how many people died violently today?

The goals of the killers are important to me too.  I do not see the equivalence in an accidental death caused by forced proximity to someone who thoroughly deserves to be killed and the death of someone equally innocent, but killed as the sole goal of the killer.

15 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Address you?  You mean, using H.E. instead of Hot Enough?  Probably because I have RSI and like to take typing shortcuts whenever I think I can and still be understood.

As I told Goddess, hot enough is fine. Or HE, or h.e. or whatever.

I was not addressing your use of shortenings. You don't address the pariah, the crazy street guy, the one with the tin foil hat. Surely we are all much better than this. 

Just ask yourself; Would a brilliant forensic engineering scientist nearing the end of an illustrious career, throw it all away by doing a two year study and make up screwy results? Would he put himself and his family, his friends, his colleagues at risk? 

Edited by hot enough

29 minutes ago, dialamah said:

I guess the point might be that the West's actions don't get discussed to the degree that Muslim terror attacks get discussed.  

I imagine for the same reasons Muslim actions don't get discussed to the same degree that Western terror attacks get discussed in Muslim countries.

I find the whole situation quite disheartening whether it's yet another terror attack or wondering if my 'side' is lying to me about the people they are targeting and killing.  

Totally agree with you there.

LOL

They don't always translate well. I once tried to repeat a Spanish joke to English-only friends (which I thought was hilarious) and it fell flat. Something got lost in the translation.......

• Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, hot enough said:

As I told Goddess, hot enough is fine. Or HE, or h.e. or whatever.

I was not addressing your use of shortenings. You don't address the pariah, the crazy street guy, the one with the tin foil hat. Surely we are all much better than this. 

Just ask yourself; Would a brilliant forensic engineering scientist nearing the end of an illustrious career, throw it all away by doing a two year study and make up screwy results? Would he put himself and his family, his friends, his colleagues at risk? 

Sorry, I've no idea what you are talking about.   It just so happens that I don't read every single post on here, so perhaps I missed some key information.   Anyway, this is getting far off-topic and I don't want to get swatted again today.   :) 

4 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Sorry, I've no idea what you are talking about.   It just so happens that I don't read every single post on here, so perhaps I missed some key information.   Anyway, this is getting far off-topic and I don't want to get swatted again today.   :) 

But talking about Goddess's language fluency isn't?

1 minute ago, hot enough said:

But talking about Goddess's language fluency isn't?

Here, let me simplify it for you:

1.   I haven't read all of your posts, just a few here and there.

2.  I felt I understood the ones I read well enough, and had nothing to add - so I didn't address you.

3.  Your comment about the brilliant scientist and two years of his life makes no sense to me, so I have nothing to say about that.   

4.  I find you less appealing on closer acquaintance and am thinking I should avoid reading any more of your posts at all.

5.  Over and out.

20 hours ago, overthere said:

Yes you are wrong.  Actually, I became filled with lowgrade loathing for you when I saw this bit of unrestrained bigotry from you

"this is what the elite zionists, who control our media and politicians by the politically correct brainwashing strings"

Calendar note: I know it is hard to calculate sometimes, but this is Canada in 2017, not Germany in 1937.  Jewbaiting is verboten.

Loathe me all you want. Everything is bigotry to everyone who they don't like and what they see or hear from others. You don't have to take my word for it. Go check out Arthur Topham of The Radical Press. He can explain all about zionism to you, if you care to take the time to check it out. It never hurts anyone to at least take the time to listen too or read what someone else has to say. It is called having an open mind. Knowing one side of the story is to know nothing at all. A closed mind is a bad thing. 

Canada is as it was in 1937 today. Hate laws prove that.