Quran have been attacked

4 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I stand corrected.  ;)

This whole thread is premised on the belief that the Quran is, for some reason, entitled to rights like a human being and that if it is "attacked", then heads should roll - literally.  If that belief is wrong, this whole thread is pointless.

To be fair, Christianity has gone through long periods where apostasy of any sort was met with a quick death, but only if you were lucky.  It was a slightly different course though, in the matter of the Holy book.  For centuries ordinary people were not allowed to own a Bible, which was kind of redundant since clergy were often the only people trained to read,. And of course access to the Bible for many centuries was further controlled by only being avail;able in Latin- a language know only to clergy and  few of the very wealthy..  It is all about control, and the Vhristian VChurch- really the Catholic Church- lost control in the Reformation and have struggled since.  There are many brands of Islam, but they all read the same book, in ASrabic, and quite a few will cheerfully kill you for disputing a word in it.

3 minutes ago, hot enough said:

Telling the truth about the war crimes and terrorism of the US in many places would see a body right dead right fast. Some folks just hold on to their "religion" harder than others.

You're not being truthful when you say Jews commit jihad, too.  Unless you admit that you're ignorant.  Which is it?

13 minutes ago, betsy said:

Btw, who appointed you to be the one to decide what should or shouldn't be on his t-shirt?  Who cares if it's false propaganda! 

No one appointed me. I wish you had the ability to actually discern what a person writes. You and Rue sure do love to read things into writing that is not there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hot enough said:

No one appointed me. I wish you had the ability to actually discern what a person writes. You and Rue sure do love to read things into writing that is not there. 

:rolleyes:

If you can't understand that, let me re-phrase it:  whether it's propaganda or not.....who are you to say what message the Christian boy can wear on his shirt?  What gives you that authority?

Explain what you mean by this.  This is what you said, plain and clear:

The Christian boy can even wear what he likes, just not with false propaganda on it. 

Answer that.

Edited by betsy

5 minutes ago, betsy said:

whether it's propaganda or not.....who are you to say what message the Christian boy can wear on his shirt?  What gives you that authority?

I spoke my opinion, which I'm sure you would not seek to deny me or anyone.

I'm not at all sure what would lead you to think that my opinion has any effect on the school officials who made that decision. Your lack of logic astounds, Betsy. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Altai said:

These people are angered at Islam so therefore they are angered at Muslims too. Today they are aparting a Quran and they will like to apart a Muslim in the future. All fights starts with an anger and abusive words. If you claim that Canada is a democratic country (its not, its British colony), then you have to obey its rules. If Muslims are allowed to live there, you have to respect their life even though you dont like it. Noone likes Christianity in my city but I have never seen someones aparting a Bible in my life. I have Christian friends from our school volleyball team and our building manager is a grumpy Christian woman and my father always buy cars from his Christian friends. There are two big Churches in the middle of the city. We respect their right to live, because this is an Islamic country and they are democratically allowed to live as any other normal citizens. 

They should be rehabilitated because any normal persons wont fight a book. 

Did you just say that Canada is an Islamic country? And muslims respect our rights to live because this is an Islamic country, and geez thanks, we are democratically allowed to practice our religion? Geez, I hope that Islam never becomes the majority religion in Canada. Will it then be off with their heads for all of us infidels. 

I think that muslims are the ones that are going to have to be rehabilitated or else. 

2 hours ago, overthere said:

To be fair, Christianity has gone through long periods where apostasy of any sort was met with a quick death, but only if you were lucky.  It was a slightly different course though, in the matter of the Holy book.  For centuries ordinary people were not allowed to own a Bible, which was kind of redundant since clergy were often the only people trained to read,. And of course access to the Bible for many centuries was further controlled by only being avail;able in Latin- a language know only to clergy and  few of the very wealthy..  It is all about control, and the Vhristian VChurch- really the Catholic Church- lost control in the Reformation and have struggled since.  There are many brands of Islam, but they all read the same book, in ASrabic, and quite a few will cheerfully kill you for disputing a word in it.

We are now living in the 21st century where all religions should have been abolished by now. Religion has been the cause of so many holocausts thru out history, and needs to disappear off the face of the earth. Religions have pretty much helped in creating poverty since founded. It is time to stop the religious dictators from continuing to take money from us and destroy our lives. We need some common sense and logic here as regards to religion. 

2 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

LOL, too funny...I informed YOU that the Ionian Revolt was the first clash between East and West.

Nowruz is an Islamic holiday, now...Shia Islam's iconoclasm made sure of that.

Nowruz is NOT an islamic holiday.....It is celebrated for 3000 years. How can that be an islamic holiday!?

It is a secular day and a holy day for Zoroastrians....

Nowruz (Persianنوروز‎‎ Nowruz[nouˈɾuːz]; literally "New Day") is the name of the IranianNew Year,[30][31] also known as the Persian New Year,[32][33] which is celebrated worldwide by the Iranians and Turkic peoples, along with some other ethno-linguistic groups, as the beginning of the New Year.

It has been celebrated for over 3,000 years in Western AsiaCentral Asia, the Caucasus, the Black Sea Basin and the Balkans.[34][35][36][37][38][39][40][41][42] It marks the first day of the first month (Farvardin) in the Iranian calendar.[43]

It is a secular holiday for most celebrants that is enjoyed by people of several different faiths, but remains a holy day for Zoroastrians.[44]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nowruz

12 hours ago, betsy said:

It could be that this is the reckoning for Canada.

Romans 1

God’s Wrath Against Sinful Humanity

18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

If there is a GOD then why didn't he reveal himself to us when we were able to understand that there is a God, and told us that if we commit a sin there will be a good chance that you may not make it to heaven. Imagine what the world would be like today. There would have been real peace on earth. Wars, poverty and hunger would never have come about. 

Why would a God even allow all the evils that have been going on since time began to continue on. If I were God I would have eliminated  all the evil before it had a chance to get started. But unfortunatly for the world, I am not God. Aw well. 

3 hours ago, betsy said:

:rolleyes:  Stop abusing and distorting the term, "jihad."  Stop spouting cockamamie bull!

Jihad is in the Quran!   Cite jihad in the Torah.

Don't cite the UN to me.  It has no credibility as far as I'm concerned.  How many Jew-hating member - and abuser of human rights -  sit on that council?  :lol:

Betsy, a quiz: which holy book do these quotes come from? :)

The military conquest of the land of Canaan by the Hebrews in about 1200 B.C.E. is often characterized as "genocide" and has all but become emblematic of biblical violence and intolerance. God told Moses:

But of the cities of these peoples which the Lord your God gives you as an inheritance, you shall let nothing that breathes remain alive, but you shall utterly destroy them—the Hittite, Amorite, Canaanite, Perizzite, Hivite, and Jebusite—just as the Lord your God has commanded you, lest they teach you to do according to all their abominations which they have done for their gods, and you sin against the Lord your God.[4]

So Joshua [Moses' successor] conquered all the land: the mountain country and the South and the lowland and the wilderness slopes, and all their kings; he left none remaining, but utterly destroyed all that breathed, as the Lord, God of Israel had commanded.[5]

I don't want to score any cheap points against a religion or book here. But being students of history, we should be honest with ourselves. And the truth is all Abrahamic faiths were quite violent. 

Edited by Charlie
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, kactus said:

Nowruz is NOT an islamic holiday.....It is celebrated for 3000 years. How can that be an islamic holiday!?

It is a secular day and a holy day for Zoroastrians....

Nowruz (Persianنوروز‎‎ Nowruz[nouˈɾuːz]; literally "New Day") is the name of the IranianNew Year,[30][31] also known as the Persian New Year,[32][33] which is celebrated worldwide by the Iranians and Turkic peoples, along with some other ethno-linguistic groups, as the beginning of the New Year.

It has been celebrated for over 3,000 years in Western AsiaCentral Asia, the Caucasus, the Black Sea Basin and the Balkans.[34][35][36][37][38][39][40][41][42] It marks the first day of the first month (Farvardin) in the Iranian calendar.[43]

It is a secular holiday for most celebrants that is enjoyed by people of several different faiths, but remains a holy day for Zoroastrians.[44]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nowruz

And Christmas isn't really a Christian holiday. Appropriation and Iconoclasm...both hallmarks of all the Abrahamic faiths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yule

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_solstice

Noah? Gilgamesh who??

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

Re: Quran being attacked.

Feel free to download a copy and delete it...it's probably considered a sin in certain Islamic jurisprudence.

https://www.alislam.org/quran/Holy-Quran-English.pdf

(PDF)

Haha... 

Btw, the website that you quoted from belongs to Ahmeddiya community. In most of the Muslim world, they are considered infidels. They are thrown in jails for blasphemy, they aren't allowed to read Quran or greet using Islamic words.   A lot of them ran away from their countries to take refuge in the West. Canada has a healthy population of these people. 

• Like 2

Just now, Charlie said:

Haha... 

Btw, the website that you quoted from belongs to Ahmeddiya community. In most of the Muslim world, they are considered infidels. They are thrown in jails for blasphemy, they aren't allowed to read Quran or greet using Islamic words.   A lot of them ran away from their countries to take refuge in the West. Canada has a healthy population of these people. 

Yes...they tend to be a more...errr...progressive lot. But then, so was the Wehrmacht next to the Allgemeine SS.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

45 minutes ago, Charlie said:

I don't want to score any cheap points against a religion or book here. But being students of history, we should be honest with ourselves. And the truth is all Abrahamic faiths were quite violent. 

I think the point might be that not all of them still are.

13 hours ago, hot enough said:

I spoke my opinion, which I'm sure you would not seek to deny me or anyone.

I'm not at all sure what would lead you to think that my opinion has any effect on the school officials who made that decision. Your lack of logic astounds, Betsy. 

:lol:  EH?  Who's denying you to speak your mind?  To give an opinion?   Actually, you're the one who seems to want to deny me to give my opinion about your stupid opinion! :D

You've made more than just an opinion when you stated that a Christian can wear anything provided it isn't "faulty propaganda."  Heck, when it comes to spirituality or belief in God......how can you even judge what's faulty or not?    :lol:

That's simple logic, no?

Lack of logic?  Uhhhh.......that's funny. :D   Here's ANOTHER logic for you:

Once you say something in a forum - it can be responded to.  Once challenged, you'll end up owning it! 

Your lesson in forum discussion:  Don't say anything stupid in a forum if you don't want to wear it around your neck! 

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, taxme said:

If there is a GOD then why didn't he reveal himself to us when we were able to understand that there is a God, and told us that if we commit a sin there will be a good chance that you may not make it to heaven. Imagine what the world would be like today. There would have been real peace on earth. Wars, poverty and hunger would never have come about. 

Why would a God even allow all the evils that have been going on since time began to continue on. If I were God I would have eliminated  all the evil before it had a chance to get started. But unfortunatly for the world, I am not God. Aw well. 

I didn't bring up God for us to discuss whether He exists or not.  I was simply responding to your post - you brought up Christianity and God (by referring to morality).  I was responding from my Christian perspective!  Here's your post:

On 3/27/2017 at 2:29 AM, taxme said:

C'mon Betsy, we are living in a new Canada today, don't you know, where if one is white and Christian you are evil. But be of a religion who cuts of heads, throws gays and infidels off roofs blindfolded, drowns it's victims in cages, and kills it's women for being raped then they are welcome in Canada with open arms. Our politicians are totally out of whack. They are on the road to destroying everything decent and moral for a world of sodom and gomorrah, and the killing of infidels.

Furthermore, the following statement is also interesting :

I have to wonder as to what the hell these politicians are smoking? Maybe that is why the liberals would like to legalize marijuana, it makes them feel all warm and fuzzy all over, and are ready to accept the world with no questions asked. They say welcome to Canada. We don't care what you do or have done, just come on down. 

Why indeed, is there a collective display of nonsense from our leaders - like as if they're all stoned and deprived of thinking properties?
Again, my response was from my Christian perspective - and from Biblical references.   I forgot to add this one, too:

Romans 1:22-25English Standard Version (ESV)

22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools, 2and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

24 Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, 25 because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.

If you want to debate about His existence, we can also do that.....with a fresh topic in Religion.

11 hours ago, Charlie said:

Betsy, a quiz: which holy book do these quotes come from? :)

The military conquest of the land of Canaan by the Hebrews in about 1200 B.C.E. is often characterized as "genocide" and has all but become emblematic of biblical violence and intolerance. God told Moses:

But of the cities of these peoples which the Lord your God gives you as an inheritance, you shall let nothing that breathes remain alive, but you shall utterly destroy them—the Hittite, Amorite, Canaanite, Perizzite, Hivite, and Jebusite—just as the Lord your God has commanded you, lest they teach you to do according to all their abominations which they have done for their gods, and you sin against the Lord your God.[4]

So Joshua [Moses' successor] conquered all the land: the mountain country and the South and the lowland and the wilderness slopes, and all their kings; he left none remaining, but utterly destroyed all that breathed, as the Lord, God of Israel had commanded.[5]

That's not the same with jihad of today, Charlie.    That's from the Old Testament (ancient time), and God had a reason why He tasked Israel to do as instructed - thus the people were particularly named and listed.  That would be taking the Torah out of context in order to suit the narrative you want to push.

Just answer the question:  cite JIHAD from the Torah.  The Torah and the Christian Old testament are very much alike.....it's not there.

Edited by betsy
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, Charlie said:

Yes. Agreed. 

Others have rewritten or reinterpreted their books to align with the new world. Muslims haven't yet. 

Logic based on the same information will never change, it was the same in the past and it will be the same in the future. 

• Like 1