Quran have been attacked

35 minutes ago, PIK said:

Actually it is not funny ,what Islam is doing to this country.

LoL Islam is not doing anything, this is what you are doing to yourself. You need to learn to live with justice, so Islam. Justice is the essence of life.

5 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

I don't think so. I think a very particular kind of person goes to a forum to express themselves and argue with others. The vast majority of Canadians I know do not trouble themselves with this let alone keep up with the news or politics. Most people are quiet and prefer to mind their own business. The attitude generally is "you go ahead and do your thing and I will do my thing." It's only when people feel they are being unfairly singled out or given less chance than others, then they feel offended.

An example is this thread- the issue at hand is that there are laws to protect secularism, which suppressed some people's freedom of expression. Before this it was normal to have a prayer at school in the morning. The state took action to eliminate these references. The problem today is people feel Islam is being given preferential treatment. If you listen to the video you will hear one man keeps saying "No special treatment for anyone." That is the issue.

I would like to think you are right but when you see comments like below or taxme the it makes you wonder about the ulterior motives to use the religion....

This is not about Islam as this poster suggests...It's the battle between East and West. So when I see comments like these I KNOW this is not a fight against islam as one would like us to believe like a bunch of sheep. More like battle for natural resources and who can control them...You would only have to read between the lines. There are tons of similar posts with some posters who would silently approve them..... 

1 minute ago, kactus said:

I would like to think you are right but when you see comments like below or taxme the it makes you wonder about the ulterior motives to use the religion....

This is not about Islam as this poster suggests...It's the battle between East and West. So when I see comments like these I KNOW this is not a fight against islam as one would like us to believe like a bunch of sheep. More like battle for natural resources and who can control them...You would only have to read between the lines. There are tons of similar posts with some posters who would silently approve them..... 

Poor Islam. How will it survive criticism??

Better make some blasphemy laws, eh?

8 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Poor Islam. How will it survive criticism??

Better make some blasphemy laws, eh?

Why should it be receiving any criticism when all this is based on huge lies and the subsequent illegal invasions and murders of millions of innocents?

Why wouldn't the criticism be aimed at the liars, the war criminals, the real [as in huge number of] terrorists?

Edited by hot enough

3 hours ago, dialamah said:

And if you want to be fair you should also object to the various motions against anti-Semitic acts, rather than just focusing on a motion that condemns anti-Islamic actions.   

That's a poor attempt to downplay.

If you want to be fair, you'd acknowledge that......

.......there's no comparison between Muslims and Jews!

Jews are practically hated by so many......the target of various extremist groups - which include the far-right! 

Jews don't commit jihad!  

And furthermore, Jews are in danger from Islamists!    How much more persecution do you want when Islamists are calling for the annihilation of all Jews???  Some Muslims even openly call for it in Canada!

If there's any anger or distrust against Muslims that's happening now - you can blame your fellow-Muslims for that!   That's called a "backlash!"   You guys should've seen that backlash coming a long time ago!  I did! And I was posting about that for nearly 10 years now!  

Point your accusatory finger at the right direction!  Blame the jihadists!  And blame your community for being too slow to react.

Any public condemnation of jihadists should've been loudly and vehemently voiced out when the first terrorist attack happened on this continent!   And Muslims shouldn't try to justify acts of terrorism!

Edited by betsy

5 minutes ago, betsy said:

Jews are practically hated by so many......the target of various extremist groups - which include the far-right! 

That they are, without any justification at all. 

Millions of Americans harbor an ugly secret — they’re suspicious of the Jews.

A nationwide survey released Thursday by the Anti-Defamation League found that 15% of the country holds deeply anti-Semitic views — and as the economy worsens that number appears to be growing.

“It is disturbing that with all of the strides we have made in becoming a more tolerant society, anti-Semitic beliefs continue to hold a vise-grip on a small but not insubstantial segment of the American public,” the ADL’s Abraham Foxman said.

Old stereotypes about Jews being pushy and controlling the economy are festering — especially among the least-educated Americans, the survey found.

Among other things:

19% answered “probably true” to the statement “Jews have too much control/influence on Wall Street,” a five percentage point increase since 2009.

14% agreed with the statement that "Jews have too much power in the U.S. today," an increase from 13% in 2009.

15% agreed Jews are "more willing to use shady practices."

16% agreed that Jewish "business people are so shrewd, others don't have a chance."

Other anti-Jewish canards continue to be believed by millions of Americans.

Some 31% believe the Jews were responsible for crucifying Christ. And 30% — a percentage that has stayed steady since 1964 — insist Jews are “more loyal to Israel than to America.”

Nearly half of all respondents agreed with the statement that Jews "stick together more than other Americans.” And a quarter of the country says Jews “still talk too much about what happened to them in the Holocaust.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/thirty-five-million-americans-harbor-hatred-jews-number-growing-economy-continues-stall-article-1.971918

Jews don't commit jihad!  

A terrible abuse/distortion of language. 

Israel does the same thing to Palestinians. With the support of the USA.

As of 2013, Israel had been condemned in 45 resolutions by United Nations Human Rights Council since its creation in 2006—the Council had resolved almost more resolutions condemning Israel than on the rest of the world combined. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_UN_resolutions_concerning_Israel_and_Palestine

17 minutes ago, betsy said:

That's a poor attempt to downplay.

If you want to be fair, you'd acknowledge that there's no comparison between Muslims and Jews. 

Jews are practically hated by so many......the target of various extremist groups - which include the far-right!  Jews don't commit jihad!  

And furthermore, Jews are in danger from Islamists!    How much more persecution do you want when Islamists are calling for the annihilation of all Jews???

The sky has a crack in it, Betsy, but it isn't about to fall.

22 minutes ago, hot enough said:

A terrible abuse/distortion of language. 

Israel does the same thing to Palestinians. With the support of the USA.

As of 2013, Israel had been condemned in 45 resolutions by United Nations Human Rights Council since its creation in 2006—the Council had resolved almost more resolutions condemning Israel than on the rest of the world combined. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_UN_resolutions_concerning_Israel_and_Palestine

:rolleyes:  Stop abusing and distorting the term, "jihad."  Stop spouting cockamamie bull!

Jihad is in the Quran!   Cite jihad in the Torah.

Don't cite the UN to me.  It has no credibility as far as I'm concerned.  How many Jew-hating member - and abuser of human rights -  sit on that council?  :lol:

Edited by betsy

8 minutes ago, Goddess said:

And if the Quran was attacked....So what?

Human beings have rights and are entitled to respect.

Since when do we extend that right to books, ideas or beliefs?

I think you meant to say The Holy Quran.

Failing to show the proper respect will get you dead fast in quite a few places.  This is not one of them.

41 minutes ago, kactus said:

You do also realise that Nworuz has nothing to do with Islam and is a Zoroastrian tradition. Since you were the one who hypothesised Nowruz coincides with London terror attack.....

LOL, too funny...I informed YOU that the Ionian Revolt was the first clash between East and West.

Nowruz is an Islamic holiday, now...Shia Islam's iconoclasm made sure of that.

7 minutes ago, overthere said:

Failing to show the proper respect will get you dead fast in quite a few places.  This is not one of them.

I stand corrected.  ;)

This whole thread is premised on the belief that the Quran is, for some reason, entitled to rights like a human being and that if it is "attacked", then heads should roll - literally.  If that belief is wrong, this whole thread is pointless.

Edited by Goddess

16 hours ago, kimmy said:

Christian students can pray if they wish.   Schools can no longer make the whole class recite the Lord's Prayer each morning, as used to be tradition.

The notion that Muslims are getting preferential treatment is false.

-k

Yeah, right.

Muslims can wear their hijab and niquabs, and yet Christians can't wear a certain t-shirt!

A Christian student suspended from a high school in Nova Scotia for sporting a T-shirt with the slogan "Life is wasted without Jesus" vows to wear it when he returns to class next week.

Nancy Pynch-Worthylake, board superintendent, said some students and teachers found the T-shirt offensive.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/student-s-jesus-shirt-sparks-feud-with-school-1.1280427

I find niquab terribly offensive.  Not only does it symbolize oppression to women, but they do look scary!   I don't mind seeing them on Haloween.  What's the difference between them and a guy wearing a balaclava?

Edited by betsy

4 minutes ago, hot enough said:

And Orthodox Jews, Hutterites, Mennonites, Mormons, ... can wear what they want. The Christian boy can even wear what he likes, just not with false propaganda on it. 

Exactly.    Why shouldn't  a Christian?

Thus my point.  Between Muslim and Christian, a Muslim is given preferential treatment!

Btw, who appointed you to be the one to decide what should or shouldn't be on his t-shirt?  Who cares if it's false propaganda!  You're being juvenile in your argument!

See what kind of mentality we're dealing with people now?  They'd rather look foolish with their rationale in their defense of pandering to Muslims. :lol:

Edited by betsy

20 minutes ago, overthere said:

Telling the truth about the war crimes and terrorism of the US in many places would see a body right dead right fast. Some folks just hold on to their "religion" harder than others.

Are you not aware of the tens of millions who were slaughtered just because they held a belief that the citizens of a country should rule their country, not the USA?

Edited by hot enough
  • Like 1