USA war crimes - atomic bombs

On 10/15/2017 at 10:33 AM, OftenWrong said:

If news outlets are right he is a psychopath.

Highly telling comment!

All US presidents since WWII have been Class A war criminals. What is more psychopathic than that? Carpet bombing innocents is psychopathic, slashing off women's breast counts as psychopathic, as does cutting off male villagers testicles, in front of their children, and then switching and doing the same to the children. 

Edited by hot enough

On 10/15/2017 at 2:57 PM, drummindiver said:

And there you go Again, hating on the west.

Please lose this highly juvenile comment. Pointing out war crimes/terrorism, baby killing, planned genocides, illegal invasions, rapes, torture committed by western nations/leaders does not remotely approach "hating on the west"!

• Like 1

On 10/11/2017 at 9:55 PM, Ash74 said:

The bombs were terrible but did less harm than the fire bombing of Toyko and an invasion would have been much worse.

The fire bombing of Tokyo was a massive series of war crimes, something you have conveniently forgotten to mention. How unlike you. 

Japan was not going to surrender and the Allies could not just walk away. It had gone too far.

More of the same lies/propaganda. Guess who has controlled that narrative.

Think Japan or Germany would not have used them if they created them First? 

A terribly lame excuse. The potential war crimes of others don't in any way reduce/mitigate the actual, committed war crimes of the perpetrators. 

I guess now I have to open a thread on Russia's war crimes. Wait Russian crimes exceeds the whole page.......... When I was a child/teenager my slogan was "Down with Soviet Union" and my curse worked and now I am chanting "Down with Russia".

US has committed plenty of crimes all over the world not limited to Vietnam and Middle East and plenty of people know it and talk about it but few talk about all the crimes Russians have committed in the past (even against their own people) and are still committng as we speak.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
  • Thanks 1

On 11/5/2017 at 10:18 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

"War crime" is an oxymoron.

Is this because you love how the USA has been able to commit vicious war crimes and terrorist acts and you don't want to see it constrained in any legal or moral fashion?

One wonders how you can advance such a stunningly hypocritical stance. Well, not actually. You have been front and center cheering on USA illegal invasions of sovereign nations, the slaughter of tens of millions of innocents, the rape of countless women and girls, almost certainly men and boys too. Baby killing, slashing off women's breasts, "shaking and baking", napalming, carpet bombing, ... the people of the very countries the US has illegally invaded. 

But the hypocrisy of the US, and its supporters is really very incredible to behold. The US is the one that established that the "poison chalice" shall be passed to any and all who engage in the types of war crimes described by the Nuremberg Tribunals. The very war crimes that the US has engaged in long before there were the Nazis. The Nazis took the US, and likely the UK, as its model. 

17 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

I guess now I have to open a thread on Russia's war crimes. Wait Russian crimes exceeds the whole page.......... When I was a child/teenager my slogan was "Down with Soviet Union" and my curse worked and now I am chanting "Down with Russia".

US has committed plenty of crimes all over the world not limited to Vietnam and Middle East and plenty of people know it and talk about it but few talk about all the crimes Russians have committed in the past (even against their own people) and are still committng as we speak.

So it has come to this, Citizen and OftenWrong, your sole defense for the USA is by equating it with the evil Russia has done. 

Good work, gentlemen. You've convinced everyone. 

17 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

When I was a child/teenager my slogan was "Down with Soviet Union" and my curse worked and now I am chanting "Down with Russia".

Who says US propaganda is ineffectual?

but few talk about all the crimes Russians have committed in the past (even against their own people) and are still committng as we speak.

As a teenager, eh? Where did you get your information/propaganda from?

Propaganda? You mean the murder of millions in exile in Siberia or you mean occupation of half of Europe and imposition of communist distatorships and murder of millions of people there or invasions of Hungry and Czechoslovakia or the occupation and muder of many thousands in Afghanistan including dropping toy bombs to target and murder children

9 hours ago, hot enough said:

Is this because you love how the USA....

Indeed....not only do I LOVE THE USA, but so do many many millions of legal and illegal immigrants....more than any other nation on the planet. 

Even Canadian snowbirds LOVE THE USA, especially when winter comes a callin'.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, hot enough said:

So it has come to this, Citizen and OftenWrong, your sole defense for the USA is by equating it with the evil Russia has done. 

Good work, gentlemen. You've convinced everyone. 

I think, maybe, that the point is this.  Whenever anyone on here points out an egregious or atrocious act by anyone who is not American or British, you immediately apply the sole defense of whoever it is by equating it with the evil the US/UK has done. 

They just applied your reasoning.

17 hours ago, bcsapper said:

I think, maybe, that the point is this.  Whenever anyone on here points out an egregious or atrocious act by anyone who is not American or British, you immediately apply the sole defense of whoever it is by equating it with the evil the US/UK has done. 

They just applied your reasoning.

You illustrate that you don't know what reasoning is. I don't defend evil done by anyone, unlike you and the rest of the supporters of war criminals and terrorism.

You must be referring to my reminders that the Muslim peril is just another US crock of propagandist bullshit which has been swallowed by so many gullible people and by people who are simply just plain evil because they are not at all gullible, they simply support US/UK/... evil. 

5 hours ago, hot enough said:

You illustrate that you don't know what reasoning is. I don't defend evil done by anyone, unlike you and the rest of the supporters of war criminals and terrorism.

You must be referring to my reminders that the Muslim peril is just another US crock of propagandist bullshit which has been swallowed by so many gullible people and by people who are simply just plain evil because they are not at all gullible, they simply support US/UK/... evil. 

No, that's another pile of garbage.  I'm referring to how everytime someone points out an egregious or atrocious act by anyone who is not American or British, you immediately apply the sole defense of whoever it is by equating it with the evil the US/UK has done.  In the same way those you criticized had done.  Or maybe you were wrong about what they did.

2 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

I'm referring to how everytime[sic] someone points out an egregious or atrocious act by anyone who is not American or British, you immediately apply the sole defense of whoever it is by equating it with the evil the US/UK has done. 

I agree, this does happen. Why? Because people often use these acts as reasons why we holier than thou westerners have some totally unexplained divine right to murder and mayhem in others countries. 

You folks are big on the justifiable revenge angle but you never have any proof for it. In point of fact, you know you are repeating gross propaganda. 

How do we know this is the case? Because you have provided no evidence or examples at all of what you are taking about. Notice how this is always the case with you folks, nebulous accusations with no evidence, proof, examples. 

6 minutes ago, hot enough said:

I agree, this does happen. Why? Because people often use these acts as reasons why we holier than thou westerners have some totally unexplained divine right to murder and mayhem in others countries. 

You folks are big on the justifiable revenge angle but you never have any proof for it. In point of fact, you know you are repeating gross propaganda. 

How do we know this is the case? Because you have provided no evidence or examples at all of what you are taking about. Notice how this is always the case with you folks, nebulous accusations with no evidence, proof, examples. 

Eventually your response gets so wet that it doesn't warrant a reply. 

4 minutes ago, hot enough said:

That always happens to you folks when you find yourself up a stump, which is pretty much always.

You, yourself, don't even know what "wet" means. It was a quick grab that failed miserably. 

I know what it means to me, being English and all.  You probably do too.

On 05/11/2017 at 9:24 PM, hot enough said:

The fire bombing of Tokyo was a massive series of war crimes, something you have conveniently forgotten to mention. How unlike you.

Ugh. So everything the West does is a war crime but everybody else it is no holds barred.

Why was it a war crime? The Axis had no problems bombing and shooting civilians. 

Was the battle of Midway a war crime as well? Oh lemme guess. The U.S cheated by breaking the codes.

9 hours ago, Ash74 said:

Ugh. So everything the West does is a war crime but everybody else it is no holds barred.

Why was it a war crime? The Axis had no problems bombing and shooting civilians. 

Not everything. You are going to ludicrous extremes to make a ludicrous argument. Only the war crimes are war crimes. Why do you do this? 

What you are trying to justify is that Nazis Germany was justified for doing what they did because war is hell and whatever needs to be done in the eyes of those leaders needs to be done. 

The war crimes that the US committed are the same war crimes that many people of the Axis powers were tried and hung for. The US established at Nuremberg the principle of the "poisoned chalice". Whatever crimes the Nazis/Japanese/Italians/... were being tried for, the same poisoned chalice had to be handed to US/western lips. It never was, for US/UK WWII war crimes or for any since, crimes much much more egregious than the Nazis. 

Unfortunately, the nature of these crimes is such that both prosecution and judgment must be by victor nations over vanquished foes. The worldwide scope of the aggressions carried out by these men has left but few real neutrals. Either the victors must judge the vanquished or we must leave the defeated to judge themselves. After the first World War, we learned the futility of the latter course. The former high station of these defendants, the notoriety of their acts, and the adaptability of their conduct to provoke retaliation make it hard to distinguish between the demand for a just and measured retribution, and the unthinking cry for vengeance which arises from the anguish of war. It is our task, so far as humanly possible, to, draw the line between the two. We must never forget that the record on which we judge these defendants today is the record on which history will judge us tomorrow. To pass these defendants a poisoned chalice is to put it to our own lips as well. We must summon such detachment and intellectual integrity to our task that this Trial will commend itself to posterity as fulfilling humanity's aspirations to do justice. - Robert H Jackson

https://www.roberthjackson.org/speech-and-writing/opening-statement-before-the-international-military-tribunal/

On 11/5/2017 at 10:18 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

"War crime" is an oxymoron.

Then why does the USA always so hypocritically demand that "war criminals" except for the worst ones on the planet in viciousness and scope, US war criminals, be held to account.

Why are you you being so hypocritical? Why are you defending the myriad US war crimes and terrorism that has seen so many tens of millions slaughtered by unfeeling, brutal, vicious US Nazis?

Here is just such an evil, brutal, vicious US Nazi USAF WWII commander, Curtis Lemay, aptly named by Wikiquote as Curtis Lemay aka Dick head Lemay (USAF).jpg

"Killing Japanese didn't bother me very much at that time... I suppose if I had lost the war, I would have been tried as a war criminal.... Every soldier thinks something of the moral aspects of what he is doing. But all war is immoral and if you let that bother you, you're not a good soldier."