Suspected terrorist attack in London 4 dead including the attacker

kactus

14 hours ago, hernanday said:

I doubt it, if he wanted to kill civilians, there is way better places he could have shot and stabbed people.

Go on explain how you know this. Explain why there would not likely be tourists around civilians visiting government buildings.

You need to give some thought to your words.

33 minutes ago, Rue said:

With due respect his target was both government and civilians. Your trying to spin it otherwise is without basis. The act if zig zagging into tourists and hitting them with his car would require premeditated, focused, direct thought.

Trust me psychology aint your thing. Stop presuming you understand terrorists let alone this one. Its  ridiculous. He drove into and killed civilians. Your projection he assumed they were government employees is you trying to downplay him as a killer of innocent people and trying to bring rational motive to what he was doing. Enough.

What he did was pre-meditated violent murder designed to terrorize the innocent.

No, there was no way for him to know who was a tourist, the assumption would be this is near government, people in the area are government workers. He didn't jump out his car and stab random people but cops, he was clearly targetting government.  Even if he did hit some tourist or was indifferent to it, its not terrorism because the target was government, they were just collateral damage.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rue said:

Go on explain how you know this. Explain why there would not likely be tourists around civilians visiting government buildings.

You need to give some thought to your words.

Its not about likely hood, one could argue there'd be tourist any and everywhere in London being a tourist city.  It is about the target, there are 100 targets better than a bridge sidewalk to run your car into.  We seen in the Nice attack, there are alot better places to do it.  Especially in London.  This was an attack strictly aimed at government with civilian collateral damage.  By your logic, any attack on ISIS, would have to be classified as a terror attack from the west.  Because ISIS is always near civilians and operates out of government buildings. ISIS issues ISIS passport and currency.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, hot enough said:

Absolutely no different than the "religious" schools built all over western nations. You attended one yourself.

My mundane public school education failed utterly at turning out Warriors for Jesus.

The Saudis have done much, much better at turning out Warriors for Allah.

I hate to tell you this, but even the girls at the Catholic schools were naughty sometimes.  And nobody stoned them to death.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, overthere said:

I hate to tell you this, but even the girls at the Catholic schools were naughty sometimes.  And nobody stoned them to death.

I'd be willing to bet that if your school had burned down, they would have been allowed to leave before burning to death, too.  Regardless of how they were dressed.

9 minutes ago, overthere said:

My mundane public school education failed utterly at turning out Warriors for Jesus.

The Saudis have done much, much better at turning out Warriors for Allah.

Do you know how many US militants invaded, illegally, Iraq and Afghanisan? Do you know how long this same history has repeated itself?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hot enough said:

Do you know how many US militants invaded, illegally, Iraq and Afghanisan? Do you know how long this same history has repeated itself?

If you are going to move the goalposts, you have to do it much more skilfully.  That was really clumsy.

Maybe start the post with 'look there is a squirrel!!!'

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, overthere said:

If you are going to move the goalposts, you have to do it much more skilfully.  That was really clumsy.

Maybe start the post with 'look there is a squirrel!!!'

The point that you are trying so desperately to avoid is that the US school system is every bit as propagandist as the Madrassas. 

You've got to understand that the United States is and has always been a war-loving nation, a warring nation. But one with a smile. We've learned how to put a twist on it so we can feel good about doing what other nations have done that we consider to be evil.

The conditioning to war in this country [USA] begins at the age of two, when we put our children in front of the one-eyed baby-sitter, and we turn it on and we go wash dishes or sweep the floor or clean the car — and we teach them.

http://www.serendipity.li/cia/stock2.html

Edited by hot enough
  • Like 2
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, hernanday said:

No, there was no way for him to know who was a tourist, the assumption would be this is near government, people in the area are government workers. He didn't jump out his car and stab random people but cops, he was clearly targetting government.  Even if he did hit some tourist or was indifferent to it, its not terrorism because the target was government, they were just collateral damage.

If there was no way to know there would be a tourist then how would there be a way to know the civilians would be in the government? You don't think before you write.

Your comment "its not terrorism because the target was government " suggests there is some magical formula that if any of us engage in terrorist actions against governments or even say our terrorist act is a reaction to governments, poof its no longer terrorism because in your analysis the target defines the act, not the act itself.

I think if anyone had any slight doubt as to the defects in your reasoning or your agenda you've shown it.

3 hours ago, hernanday said:

Its not about likely hood, one could argue there'd be tourist any and everywhere in London being a tourist city.  It is about the target, there are 100 targets better than a bridge sidewalk to run your car into.  We seen in the Nice attack, there are alot better places to do it.  Especially in London.  This was an attack strictly aimed at government with civilian collateral damage.  By your logic, any attack on ISIS, would have to be classified as a terror attack from the west.  Because ISIS is always near civilians and operates out of government buildings. ISIS issues ISIS passport and currency.

Your comments are illogical. The target of a terrorist act can be military, government, civilian. The action itself, the methods used in the action and the ideologybehind it not just the target as you claim, define whether its terrorist or not. More tot he point your attempt to suggest zig zagging a ar into crowds to deliberately kill them was intended only to attack government is not just absurd its stupid. You are arguing someone who shoots birds intends to kill deer, the birds get in the way. Its without a doubt the most stupid assertion I have read on this board but hey each day it gets better.

4 hours ago, bcsapper said:

Oh! He was zigzagging because he was trying to miss them! Why did we not think of that? 

If those idiots hadn't gotten in the way he would have been able to deliver his strongly worded petition to parliament as he had planned, given the knife he had found to a Constable, as he had originally intended (knives can be dangerous, and he knew that) and been on his way.

Poor guy.

Hey man if I terrorize you and say its because in my mind I thought you were a government employee, PRESTO its no longer a terrorst act. I hope you understand that.

Also when denying something is a terrorist act its always good to deflect and rationalize the terrorist action by arbitrarily providing lists of other incidents and then arguing this terrorist is only fighting back against those incidents, so you see its not terrorism its just some misunderstood oppressed guy making a statement about bad bad Western people and their colonialism. Now I hope you got that because if you don't I am gonna blow you up but hey it wil be an understandable, rational, moral act because I believe you are a civil servant.

Edited by Rue
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, hot enough said:

Nothing to do with the act or the topic. Your attempt to suggest as you do that since you believe the US does illegal or terrorist things, it makes what this idiot did understandable or defensible shows your true pro Muslim terrorist extremist agenda.

You want to defend Muslim terrorism start a thread.

23 minutes ago, Rue said:

Nothing to do with the act or the topic. Your attempt to suggest as you do that since you believe the US does illegal or terrorist things,

Since you seem to have the inside track on the mind of this man, please explain, in comprehensible prose, in less than 30,000 words, why he did what he did?

Edited by hot enough
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, hot enough said:

Since you seem to have the inside track on the mind of this man, please explain, in comprehensible prose, in less than 30,000 words, why he did what he did?

No if you read what I wrote I said none of us do because he is dead.

There are no shortage of essays and articles discussing the psychology of terrorism and the possible characteristics of terrorists.  Why would you need me to get hem for you?

Since when is my opinion so important to you?

You came on this board to draw a moral equivalency between what this idiot did and what you think the West has done to he Muslim world.

Your agenda and your motives are there for all to see.

So why now do you wish to ask me my opinion? Lol.

I have written actually in past posts references to the profiling of terrorists and their characteristics. If I even thought you were interested I would respond.

Here like you will read these:

http://www.apa.org/monitor/2009/11/terrorism.aspx

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/out-the-darkness/201409/the-psychology-terrorism

http://www.officer.com/article/10938937/the-psychology-of-terrorists

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/208551.pdf

On 3/24/2017 at 2:14 PM, Rue said:

Again what a ridiculously pointless comment.

The citizenship of this nutcase means what? Oh yah I get it. You ignore his being recruited into and buying into Muslim extremist hatred and conveniently say since he was born in Britain we ignore anything else and blame it on the British people. How pathetic.

It's not pointless. And no where did I blame int on British people. I am always indicating it is the government and foreign policy. How pathetic

If you want to know what I am thinking ask instead of your stupid and mostly wrong projections. That is what is really pathetic here.

On 3/24/2017 at 9:06 PM, OftenWrong said:

Please avoid ad hominem.
After 9/11, Bush's hand was pretty much forced. Something had to be done to prevent more attacks and ensure US supremacy. It's easy for us to criticize things from a distance, after the fact.

The USA went after the wrong nation. It was not Iraq that needed invading, but the West's close ally of Saudi Arabia which is a larger exporter of terrorism than North Korea and Iran combined. We seem to take the rest of the Muslim world to task, while Saudi Arabia has some luxury of not a nation that anyone wants to invade. No other Muslim nation (Not even Turkey) has that kind of support from the West.

Why?

22 hours ago, hot enough said:

The point that you are trying so desperately to avoid is that the US school system is every bit as propagandist as the Madrassas. 

Please put down the bong.  Tell me, how many books are there in the average madrassa school library?  Answer: one.  The Holy Koran.  How many computers on site with full Internet access?  Answer: none.

How do you think even a shitty US school would compare to those numbers?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Altai said:

By the way, I wont call this event a "terror" attack, its just a car and knife attack. 

Nothing says "Religion of Peace" like ploughing a car through crowds of people.....or "just" a car and knife attack.

Wow.

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Nothing says "Religion of Peace" like ploughing a car through crowds of people.....or "just" a car and knife attack.

Wow.

WE are going to see a lot of this in the next decades.  It is much harder/more expensive to plan a group attack with weapons than it is to get in a car and look for a bunch of people on a sidewalk.

ISIL is in an irreversible process of getting their nuts sawn off in their Caliphate.  Everybody will be going home soon to start killing the infidels where they live.

Aftermath of the terror attack in London has prompted the UK government to look into social media devices like WhatsApp and decipher what the encrypted messages will tell the intelligence agencies...

Do you think this is a good idea and what are the pro's and con's? 

1 hour ago, overthere said:

How do you think even a shitty US school would compare to those numbers?

It is very simple actually. How do you think that the vast majority of US citizens, and most westerners who are equally brainwashed, think that the USA is a kind, benevolent peace loving country when it is totally the opposite. It's a nation born of terrorism and genocide, it has been at war for some 93% of its years as a "nation". 

• Like 2