Suspected terrorist attack in London 4 dead including the attacker

kactus

6 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

We can take a look back over the last 15 years and see what caused much of the turmoil in the M.E.  Several invasions taking out leaders deemed unfit to lead while saying they are a threat to global peace.  Why are things getting worse? Is it because those Muslims can't get their shit together after their nations were bombed back to the stone age? Due to the reasons mentioned before?

But here we have a UK citizen born and raised.

Again what a ridiculously pointless comment.

The citizenship of this nutcase means what? Oh yah I get it. You ignore his being recruited into and buying into Muslim extremist hatred and conveniently say since he was born in Britain we ignore anything else and blame it on the British people. How pathetic.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Born in Welling, UK.

Islam is a religion, remember. Not a location.

His agenda is to engage in deflection. His absurd agenda is to try suggest we ignore the Muslim extremist ideology that fueled this a-hole and blame it on Britain since he was a Britain citizen.

Using that logic all of Canada is guilty for him. I need to start arresting Canadians.

• Like 1

Just now, Rue said:

His agenda is to engage in deflection. His absurd agenda is to try suggest we ignore the Muslim extremist ideology that fueled this a-hole and blame it on Britain since he was a Britain citizen.

Using that logic all of Canada is guilty for him. I need to start arresting Canadians.

They've been sticking a few of these guys in jail in the UK...Andy included. But, once there, he becomes the model prisoner doing religious and legal work for his fellow captive Jihadis. A holiday...as he described it, I believe. Tax payer funded...just as he prefers.

:lol:

The Infidel gets it coming or going...

21 hours ago, Hudson Jones said:

I wouldn't blame Muslims. We have over 1 million Muslims in Canada and over 3 million in the UK. If Muslims were crazy terrorists, we would all be dead by now.

No, they'd be.

20 hours ago, Rue said:

a-the chapters are not in chronological order, i.e., the order in which they were "revealed"-there's 114 suras (chapters) in order from longest to shortest-that in itself means they are not flowing in sequence of the actual thoughts that developed them;

b-each sura contains many subjects or issues that are unrelated and don't connect so necessarily the stories are disjointed, i.e., jump around without cohesion and logical flow;

c-the Koran in fact has a sequence where Muhammad goes from distrusting non Muslims to out and out hating them-it progresses but because of a and b you have to look for it;

d-then as I have mentioned to someone who came on this forum to preach the Koran and claims to be a young Turkish girl that she has no clue as to the principle of abrogation which means, many passages written after others written before the are said to over-ride the earlier passages but because the suras are not placedin chronological order trying to figure out what over-rides what is very very difficult-according to Muslims scholars only 43 suras are not over-ridden or contradicted and made obsolete by other suras;

e-you can't read let alone understand the Koran without first reading both the SIRA and HADITH which are stories about the life of Mohammed and then relate back to suras that are not contradicted by other suras to referencing them back to his life stories to get their actual meaning;

All extremely interesting, Rue. And nuts. Why would they order it from longest to shortest rather than in chronological order? It would make a heck of a lot more sense that way.  Your explanation of abrogation also explains a number of contradictory quotations so I thank you. You've obviously spent a good deal of time on this. Is it part of your work or just a scholar's interest in another religion?

15 hours ago, hot enough said:

Flip the situation, powerful Muslim countries, or any powerful countries invade Canada or the US, kills millions of people, rapes women, kills children with wild abandon, steals the wealth that should be feeding your kids, your nieces and nephews. What would you do?

You have yet to explain how this BRITISH man was getting back at BRITISH people because of what he believed they were or had done to FOREIGN people somewhere else. Care to have a go at that?

Edited by Argus

15 hours ago, marcus said:

We don't know this guy. However, I suspect that he might have connections with another part of the world where the West's policies has created a sense of resentment and has allowed for him to become a tool.

Many Christians, Sikhs, Hindus, and almost all Jews have connections with other parts of the world, too. But they don't murder their countrymen at random because they believe their government has treated some foreign people abroad unfairly. At least, I can't think of a single case of that happening. Ever. Yet some of you routinely take it as a given that any time a Muslim starts slaughtering people at random in his own country he's getting back at them on behalf of foreigners somewhere. Why is that?

14 hours ago, hot enough said:

Still can't imagine what you would do if someone entered your home and slaughtered all your relatives, eh, Hal?

Are you saying that Christians slaughtered all his relatives... in Kent?

14 hours ago, marcus said:

Have you ever looked at Osama Bin Laden, the poster child of today's terrorist has said for his reasons for wanting to attack the West?

They were religious. He was ultimately outraged that infidels were invited to trespass and set up bases on the sacred soil of Saudi Arabia, the prophet's own land. That was what drove him bonkers.

The day a deranged man in London went on a rampage killing four people and injuring many more before he was killed, thirty three Syrians seeking refugee in a school were bombed and killed by the US led coalition forces.

So what? I'm willing to bet if I researched every post you've ever made there would not be a single one expressing your outrage or anguish that Syrian or Iranian or Saudi or Yemeni or Iraqi forces slaughtered hundred or thousands of people in this or that attack on this or that group. The US is trying to help crush ISIS and occasionally, as we are well aware, mistakes are made. Only a complete lunatic would suggest the US deliberately bombed a school full of civilians.

And I note your word usage 'deranged' is suggesting that old leftist canard that all Muslim attacks are merely because of mental illness since your beloved Islam couldn't possibly be in any way responsible...

Pressing a button and dropping a missile, knowing innocent people could die, is not an accident.

End result: Innocent people are dead.

End result: People have lost family members.

How is this in any way related to the topic of a British Muslim who was born in Kent slaughtering innocent people?

13 hours ago, marcus said:

Going into Iraq, destroying Libya and a number of other West's actions have created the perfect vacuum which has created the opposite of stopping the spreading of these fundamentalists, who gain more and more power with every action we take in the Middle East. 

Al Quaeda might have been inspired by Osama in laden's hatred of infidels being on Saudi Arabia's sacred soil, but the US had a legitimate interest, as did other western governments, in preventing a hostile Iraq from taking control of first Kuwait, and then, ultimately, other oil producing gulf states.

13 hours ago, marcus said:

ISIS and the dozen attacks in Europe started since around then, no?

But not to worry, colonialism, military intervention, installing of puppets, destroying democracies started over a century ago by the innocent Wes

Didn't colonialism happen all over the world? Didn't the US or Russia or other powerful countries install puppets all over the world? I can think of maybe two or three 'democracies' which were overthrown, at most, though, imperfect as they were, so that nonsense suggesting the west has been crushing democratic hopes around the world is laughable.

11 hours ago, marcus said:

I don't think the idiot in England planned things out. He probably finally went over the edge and acted upon his fantasies probably nurtured by repeated military acts by the West on Arabs and Muslims

Are you saying he felt his greater loyalty was to foreigners abroad who happened to be members of his religion as opposed to his own countrymen? Why would you suggest such a thing? 

15 minutes ago, hot enough said:

My hypothetical did not deal with that at all. Care to address my hypothetical?

Then you're basically admitting your post had nothing whatever to do with this topic, correct?

17 minutes ago, Argus said:

They were religious. He was ultimately outraged that infidels were invited to trespass and set up bases on the sacred soil of Saudi Arabia, the prophet's own land. That was what drove him bonkers.

If Saudi Arabia were given military bases on Canadian soil, how would you react?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

They're called mosques.

No, not really.  There are just too many adults at mosques, not to ention prying eyes and ears. Madrassas are the preferred route for the Saudis.  They have built literally thousands of  these religious schools all over the Muslim world.  And, surprise, they teach boys and young men a strict , extreme Wahabi version of Islam and a predictably 9th century  perspective on the world.   It's a great recruiting ground for guys that would settle for one virgin, and here they are going to get access to 72.  "My suicide vest size is a 40 regular".

6 minutes ago, overthere said:

No, not really.  There are just too many adults at mosques, not to ention prying eyes and ears. Madrassas are the preferred route for the Saudis.  They have built literally thousands of  these religious schools all over the Muslim world.  And, surprise, they teach boys and young men a strict , extreme Wahabi version of Islam and a predictably 9th century  perspective on the world.   It's a great recruiting ground for guys that would settle for one virgin, and here they are going to get access to 72.  "My suicide vest size is a 40 regular".

Agreed.