Foreign-aid is endless here in Canada.

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

Canada recently said they are giving 360,000 dollars to the third world (Africa) for family planning, which is a euphemism for abortion. 

Family planning includes contraception as well as health and nutrition advice for pregnant women. 

UNFPA works to support family planning by: ensuring a steady, reliable supply of quality contraceptives; strengthening national health systems; advocating for policies supportive of family planning; and gathering data to support this work. UNFPA also provides global leadership in increasing access to family planning, by convening partners – including governments – to develop evidence and policies, and by offering programmatic, technical and financial assistance to developing countries. - See more at: http://www.unfpa.org/family-planning#sthash.afCQkbTZ.dpuf -

Population Growth and the Need for Contraception Are Still Major Concerns in the Developing World

Proclaiming the end of the population explosion is premature. Likewise, it is mistaken to conclude from aggregate trends and projections that population growth is no longer a serious problem anywhere in the world or that family planning programs are no longer needed.  http://www.rand.org/pubs/issue_papers/IP176/index2.html 

An estimated 225 million women in developing countries would like to delay or stop childbearing but are not using any method of contraception.

Some family planning methods, such as condoms, help prevent the transmission of HIV and other sexually transmitted infections.

Family planning / contraception reduces the need for abortion, especially unsafe abortion.

Family planning reinforces people’s rights to determine the number and spacing of their children.

By preventing unintended pregnancy, family planning /contraception prevents deaths of mothers and children.  http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs351/en/ 

On 3/19/2017 at 7:06 PM, Moonlight Graham said:

If you're going to call for reparations for every damned war and conquest in human history then just about everybody will have to pay and it's going to take a long while to sort it all out.

Best way to help Africa is to leave them the hell alone, which also means stop exploiting them, and trying to "save" them.  We've being trying to "save" them for hundreds of years and it usually turns out disastrous.   If they ask for our help in skills and technology transfer that's fine, but only if they ask.  "They" meaning people on the ground, not simply their stupid governments.

Yup, time to take them off Canadian welfare. Works for me.  

On 3/20/2017 at 0:23 AM, blackbird said:

Canada recently said they are giving 360,000 dollars to the third world (Africa) for family planning, which is a euphemism for abortion.  Appalling that we have a federal government that would spend hundreds of thousands of dollars of our tax money to fund aborting unborn babies in Africa.  At the same time, Trudeau and the Liberals are running up a 30 billion dollars debt here at home.  Correct me if I am wrong, but don't we have to pay interest on any federal debt?  This interest will be an added burden on taxpayers.  Trudeau is increasing taxes with his carbon pricing scheme, giving billions to the third world, and driving us deep into debt, which our children and grandchildren will have to pay back.   Guess he is trying to make a name for himself on the U.N.  Maybe he's eyeing a future job as secretary general, or some position on an international body.  I'm sure the U.N. will love him for his generosity with our money and his blindly following along with their climate change agenda.  Incidentally he took over 300 people to the Paris climate change conference at taxpayer's expense.   How could Canadians have elected them?

"How could Canadians have voted for him" is a dam good question. I guess that this just shows that many Canadians should not be allowed to vote. They have no clue about politics. They should just stick to buying the latest I-Phone or TV, and stay away from voting, and leave it to the ones who pay attention to politics, and who have some idea of how the system works to screw us all. Trudeau will be a disaster just like his papa was. Another term for trudeau and the liberals, and Canada is finished. 

The banksters will be making lots of interest off the people who will have to pay for the bucks that trudeau keeps borrowing and blowing. We can all thank our elected fake and phony politicians for showing their love and compassion for the rest of the world, and their contempt for we the Canadian taxpaying serfs.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Weren't you just talking about the importance of majority rules with regards to Brexit?

Why it's almost like there are no principles behind your positions.  Given the moral high ground you try to claim... Why it's a real head-scratcher.... Can't figure it out..

The majority wins. I accept that. That does not mean that I have to agree with that majority. Of course, Brexit was ok with me. I am glad they won.  

Common sense and logic is what is behind my positions on everything. What other way is there to go? 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Michael Hardner said:

You have basically advocated for banning voting for those who disagree with you.

No, all I said was that I believe that some people should not vote. I believe that most vote for a candidate, and they don't know why. Most will vote according to what the media party will try to convince them that this is the candidate to vote for. Election time is probably the only time when most Canadians get involved in politics. After that it will probably be 4 - 5 more years before they give a little interest about politics again. Politics is a life time game, not a one day affair. 

1 minute ago, PIK said:

Blacks have sold more blacks into slavery than any other race. So lets not blame everything on whitey.

It's important to the narrative to blame ALL white folks for ALL slavery. No matter the truth...or inconvenient bits...like this guy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Johnson_(colonist)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

You didn't say SHOULD NOT VOTE.  You said:

Every time you post you shift a little.  And yet, your shifty posts seem to take the moral high ground when it comes to leftist "lies".  

It has nothing to do with shifting at all but more to do with people who are looking for that shift. I just said that I believe that some should not be allowed to vote because I don't believe that they have a clue about what politics is all about nor do they partake an interest in politics at all except for once every 5 years. Just my belief, that is all. But that does not mean that they should not be allowed to vote. Let everyone vote. No mix up here as far as I am concerned. Do we allow people in mental institutions to vote? Just curious. 

20 minutes ago, PIK said:

Blacks have sold more blacks into slavery than any other race. So lets not blame everything on whitey.

Hey, fifty lashes with a wet noodle for you for daring to speak political incorrectness. :D  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Islam STILL practices slavery.

At least we can say today that old whitey does not practice slavery anymore. We actually did a good job of trying to, and have pretty much succeeded in ending slavery in many parts of the world. But we won't bother mentioning that. Let's just keep that little secret to ourselves.  Wink-wink. :D

• Like 1

Just now, taxme said:

At least we can say today that old whitey does not practice slavery anymore. We actually did a good job of trying to, and have pretty much succeeded in ending slavery in many parts of the world. But we won't bother mentioning that. Let's just keep that little secret to ourselves.  Wink-wink. :D

The Quran endorses slavery among those 'the right hand possesses'. That's a BIG problem.

20 minutes ago, taxme said:

I just said that I believe that some should not be allowed to vote ... But that does not mean that they should not be allowed to vote. ... No mix up here as far as I am concerned.  

This argument is like the cartoon vacuum cleaner that sucks itself up into non-existence.  

9 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

The Quran endorses slavery among those 'the right hand possesses'. That's a BIG problem.

And the big problem with Islam is that Islamic muslims will never assimilate. Their god is not our western god, and they will not bow down to him, no matter what. They want Sharia law for the whole world, and they will never stop trying to make it so until the multicultural leftists liberals get this thru their thick skulls, and put an end to it. Good luck.  

1 minute ago, taxme said:

And the big problem with Islam is that Islamic muslims will never assimilate. Their god is not our western god, and they will not bow down to him, no matter what. They want Sharia law for the whole world, and they will never stop trying to make it so until the multicultural leftists liberals get this thru their thick skulls, and put an end to it. Good luck.  

Agreed. Islam has a plan...and it has worked well in the past.

Step 1: when in minority...you're the victim...always the victim.

1 minute ago, taxme said:

And the big problem with Islam is that Islamic muslims will never assimilate.

Non-Islamic Muslims, on the other hand...

Their god is not our western god, and they will not bow down to him, no matter what. They want Sharia law for the whole world, and they will never stop trying to make it so until the multicultural leftists liberals get this thru their thick skulls, and put an end to it. Good luck.  

It's the same god, which is why they follow other biblical prophets.  

The overstatement about the coming of Sharia Law (from your own words) is what never stops.  We have heard this script before about French, Mohawk, Iroquois, Irish, Jews, Italians, Africans... it's pretty transparent and unprincipled: basically there are peoples you don't like and you say whatever you can to make others not like them.

I'm supposed to be more loyal than you, by your count, because you have the same culture as me but my culture includes values so you don't cut the mustard.

3 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Agreed. Islam has a plan...and it has worked well in the past.

Step 1: when in minority...you're the victim...always the victim.

Xenophobia has a plan too: start with the colour/race/religion you don't like, find some way to convince people they're evil then work backwards.

If it was just about making an argument then it would be enough to just state some facts, not demonize them.  

7 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Xenophobia has a plan too: start with the colour/race/religion you don't like, find some way to convince people they're evil then work backwards.

If it was just about making an argument then it would be enough to just state some facts, not demonize them.  

They are doing a good jobs themselves showing that they will not mix well. Funny how we did not have a problem till a certain group reach certain population levels. You can cover thier butts as much as you want, but bringing in more and more muslim into the country ,things will only get worse. Look at we have done in 150 yrs compared to 1000 for others. 

Edited by PIK