Jump to content

Foreign-aid is endless here in Canada.


Recommended Posts

On the CBC news this morning our immigration minister announced that Canada is going to give some more of our Canadian tax dollars to a number of African countries that are supposedly needing Canadian assistance, again. The amount quoted was $119 million but as we know from past examples this might just add up to a lot more than just $119 million. When the government likes to quote a price it is always way lower than what it will end up costing in the end. 

So, the question that I have to ask is why after thousands of years do Africans still need foreign-aid? Why is that western countries have progressed well over the centuries, and that is quite evident by just looking around in our homes and outside as to how far advanced we have become in the world in the last century alone. So what is holding the Africans from doing the same thing? Is it religion? Is it having too many babies? Or is it that they do not have the intelligence enough to be able to go beyond what they have been doing for all these centuries? 

This constant welfare program goes on and on and never seems to come to an end. I don't know as to how much more are we going to have to keep bailing these Africans out. It seems that Canadians have done their fair share of trying to help but it is not working. I say enough already. They have had plenty of opportunities to get on board with the rest of the developed world but they  don't appear to want too or even try to want too. I say no more money. Let's start keeping those wasted tax dollars back in Canada for Canadians who need it, not strangers half way around the world who will never do anything with those tax dollars.   What say you? Anyone care to comment on this? I have and I say no more welfare aid. 

Edited by taxme
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, hot enough said:

It is really very simple; because, and there is no need to mince words, Africa has a long history of being viciously exploited by the so called civilized western nations. 

Western nations have exploited many nations, and I believe that there have been many that have done quite well thank you after being exploited. I guess that the reason for blacks living in pretty much run down ghettos and constant poverty in America is because of the westerners that are exploiting them today, eh? Nice try though.

But I still believe that we have done all we can for them, and enough already. There are some African countries that appear to be doing quite well thanks to westerners so what is the excuse for the others that cannot seem to get their crap together. If it is due to corruption and dictatorships then all we are doing is contributing to the continuation of this corruption and dictatorships by propping them up with more of our tax dollars. Canada should never be donating our tax dollars who have regimes that treats it's people like chit.

Bingo. :)   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, taxme said:

Western nations have exploited many nations, and I believe that there have been many that have done quite well thank you after being exploited.

I never expected such honesty. Of course they did, with whites in there exploiting the wealth and the people. 

Quote

But I still believe that we have done all we can for them, and enough already.

You don't understand how foreign aid works, and your fantasy will never happen so there's no reason to discuss it further.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Good article. Not entirely convincing on every point, but certainly thought-provoking (I've read Guns Germs and Steel but that was ~20 years ago). 

One point in particular that I find not very convincing is his claim that the spread of domestic animals was limited in the Americas because of the long north-south extent of the Americas but relatively short east-west extent, as compared to Eurasia. At their wider points, both north and south America are 2000-3000 miles wide, allowing horizontal ranges for domesticated animals that would allow their spread among dozens if not hundreds of separate societies, just as in Eurasia. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bonam said:

Good article. Not entirely convincing on every point, but certainly thought-provoking (I've read Guns Germs and Steel but that was ~20 years ago). 

One point in particular that I find not very convincing is his claim that the spread of domestic animals was limited in the Americas because of the long north-south extent of the Americas but relatively short east-west extent, as compared to Eurasia. At their wider points, both north and south America are 2000-3000 miles wide, allowing horizontal ranges for domesticated animals that would allow their spread among dozens if not hundreds of separate societies, just as in Eurasia. 

I agree with the point, I thought that too, but Eurasia is still far wider than North America.  There's also other factors, like the number of animals that could be domesticated in the Americas vs Eurasia, the different human population densities to transfer knowledge, the isolation of North American aboriginals from the rest of the human population (ie: the natives didn't have access of knowledge to gain from the societies around fertile crescent ie: Egyptians), and that Eurasian peoples had a big head start in contrast to the (comparatively) recent movement of humans into the Americas.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, taxme said:

So, the question that I have to ask is why after thousands of years do Africans still need foreign-aid?  

It's mostly the aftermath of the west's malignancy towards Africa the last 400 years or so that's resulted in the need for so much aid.

What Africa really needs are massive reparations for the rape murder and theft of as much of the continent the west could get its hands on.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Go talk to the Westerners who raped and murdered in West Africa.  I didn't, my children didn't and my grand children will not.   THAT is who is paying the bill for our "government" (and I use that term very loosely) to play games with THEIR tax dollars as we are endlessly in deficity.  Those aid dollars are mostly directed to foreign aid policies that result in purchases in Quebec.  

The best thing we can do for the world is STOP paying people to be on the tit and get their population under control (700% worldwide increase in last century - and where we give aid is EXACTLY where most of the problem is) and become productive.  The innate tribalism and corruption of Africa is supported by aid, not defeated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, cannuck said:

Go talk to the Westerners who raped and murdered in West Africa.  I didn't, my children didn't and my grand children will not.   THAT is who is paying the bill for our "government" (and I use that term very loosely) to play games with THEIR tax dollars as we are endlessly in deficity.  Those aid dollars are mostly directed to foreign aid policies that result in purchases in Quebec.  

The best thing we can do for the world is STOP paying people to be on the tit and get their population under control (700% worldwide increase in last century - and where we give aid is EXACTLY where most of the problem is) and become productive.  The innate tribalism and corruption of Africa is supported by aid, not defeated.

What incident are you referring to?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

anyone with a bleeding heart for sub-saharan Africans needs to go there for a while.  Believe me, that LAST thing you would do after being there is send them more money to perpetuate the status quo.   Yeah, Whitey screwed over the blacks some time ago (and some do to this very day), but largely because the blacks were so busy screwing over (and slaughtering) each other, they couldn't get the collective shit together to protect themselves.

Western foreign aid to Africa (and Canada is known to be the easiest sucker to tap) does little more than accommodate the new ruling masters of the continent - the Chinese.   Once Africans have them firmly ensconsed, they will be (and some are already) screaming for Westerners to come back.  China has no time for bleeding hearts.  They are simply following in the footsteps of every other imperialist and colonial power that went before them - except without the baggage of public remorse at home.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Typical conservative horse-shit around responsibility....hold Islam responsible for stuff that happened well over a thousand years ago and a big what-me-worry for anything our culture did just a few hundred years ago.

4000 year old land claim by Jews, no problem... couple hundred year old native land claims in North America...get over it.

That's right wing conservatism for you, the most ethically and morally challenged people on the planet bar none.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, eyeball said:

It's mostly the aftermath of the west's malignancy towards Africa the last 400 years or so that's resulted in the need for so much aid.

What Africa really needs are massive reparations for the rape murder and theft of as much of the continent the west could get its hands on.

We are all suppose to have come from Africa. Later in time many people of apparently many different races and colors spread out from there. Where and why the different races of people born in Africa, and then leaving Africa is a mystery to me. But they did.

So, if white people left Africa and moved on to other continents why was it possible for those white people that left Africa to have progressed to  where we are today, and the black Africans in some African countries, way before this supposedly exploitation ever took place by western man, are still living in the stone age? The reason for this is most likely due to exploitation of Africans against Africans for many centuries, and not from western man. Western man probably had a hand in this so-called exploitation centuries later because with the assistance of black Africans in helping western man to do so, they were able to exploit the land for their benefit.

Then what the Africans need to do is to kick out the westerners and start to build a modern and civilized civilization for themselves like western man has done. If they are that intelligent enough they should be able to this do in time what western man did for himself in time. But I suspect that cannot and will not happen because the intellect is just not there for Africans.. Africans are unable to go further in life without the hand of western man. What other reasons can there be for this? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you're going to call for reparations for every damned war and conquest in human history then just about everybody will have to pay and it's going to take a long while to sort it all out.

Best way to help Africa is to leave them the hell alone, which also means stop exploiting them, and trying to "save" them.  We've being trying to "save" them for hundreds of years and it usually turns out disastrous.   If they ask for our help in skills and technology transfer that's fine, but only if they ask.  "They" meaning people on the ground, not simply their stupid governments.

Edited by Moonlight Graham
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

If you're going to call for reparations for every damned war and conquest in human history then just about everybody will have to pay and it's going to take a long while to sort it all out.

Then the sooner we start the sooner we can all move on and get over it.

In the absence of some sort of global reconciliation there will nonetheless be a reckoning that very few will likely get out of in one piece.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Wouldn't getting out of Africa or the ME or just about anywhere else be like doing something about climate change? It would destroy the economy - that's even worse than destroying the world apparently.

I'm sure we'd be fine.  It doesn't mean removing ALL business or anything like that, just us not being dicks about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2017-03-17 at 2:08 PM, taxme said:

On the CBC news this morning our immigration minister announced that Canada is going to give some more of our Canadian tax dollars to a number of African countries that are supposedly needing Canadian assistance, again. The amount quoted was $119 million but as we know from past examples this might just add up to a lot more than just $119 million. When the government likes to quote a price it is always way lower than what it will end up costing in the end. 

So, the question that I have to ask is why after thousands of years do Africans still need foreign-aid? Why is that western countries have progressed well over the centuries, and that is quite evident by just looking around in our homes and outside as to how far advanced we have become in the world in the last century alone. So what is holding the Africans from doing the same thing? Is it religion? Is it having too many babies? Or is it that they do not have the intelligence enough to be able to go beyond what they have been doing for all these centuries? 

This constant welfare program goes on and on and never seems to come to an end. I don't know as to how much more are we going to have to keep bailing these Africans out. It seems that Canadians have done their fair share of trying to help but it is not working. I say enough already. They have had plenty of opportunities to get on board with the rest of the developed world but they  don't appear to want too or even try to want too. I say no more money. Let's start keeping those wasted tax dollars back in Canada for Canadians who need it, not strangers half way around the world who will never do anything with those tax dollars.   What say you? Anyone care to comment on this? I have and I say no more welfare aid. 

Canada recently said they are giving 360,000 dollars to the third world (Africa) for family planning, which is a euphemism for abortion.  Appalling that we have a federal government that would spend hundreds of thousands of dollars of our tax money to fund aborting unborn babies in Africa.  At the same time, Trudeau and the Liberals are running up a 30 billion dollars debt here at home.  Correct me if I am wrong, but don't we have to pay interest on any federal debt?  This interest will be an added burden on taxpayers.  Trudeau is increasing taxes with his carbon pricing scheme, giving billions to the third world, and driving us deep into debt, which our children and grandchildren will have to pay back.   Guess he is trying to make a name for himself on the U.N.  Maybe he's eyeing a future job as secretary general, or some position on an international body.  I'm sure the U.N. will love him for his generosity with our money and his blindly following along with their climate change agenda.  Incidentally he took over 300 people to the Paris climate change conference at taxpayer's expense.   How could Canadians have elected them?

Edited by blackbird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,770
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    Akalupenn
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...