To The Conservative Party of Canada

betsy

13 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

We don't.  I am opposed to screening.  I'm of the opinion that we tell everyone coming into the country exactly what they are letting themselves in for, and make sure they are prepared to be deported if they don't like it.

I don't care if you're a Muslim who thinks drawing Muhammad is wrong, a Tanzanian Witch Doctor looking for Albinos, or a white supremacist looking to get away from the melting pot, we have to make it known that certain behaviour will not be tolerated.

Sounds like a plan to me.  

23 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

We don't.  I am opposed to screening.  I'm of the opinion that we tell everyone coming into the country exactly what they are letting themselves in for, and make sure they are prepared to be deported if they don't like it.

Of course, its virtually impossible to deport an immigrant unless he is repeatedly convicted of serious crimes, and even then it can take years.

1 minute ago, Argus said:

Of course, its virtually impossible to deport an immigrant unless he is repeatedly convicted of serious crimes, and even then it can take years.

Yes, that is a problem.  The same thing in the UK.  I don't know why people have an objection to getting rid of such people when an open doorway exists. 

Just now, bcsapper said:

Yes, that is a problem.  The same thing in the UK.  I don't know why people have an objection to getting rid of such people when an open doorway exists. 

People are not. The courts, however, insist on the individual being given the full benefit of lengthy and multiple taxpayer-funded appeals through its vastly complex and time consuming labyrinth of regulatory oversight.

2 minutes ago, Argus said:

People are not. The courts, however, insist on the individual being given the full benefit of lengthy and multiple taxpayer-funded appeals through its vastly complex and time consuming labyrinth of regulatory oversight.

Oh, I'll bet there are people on here who have an objection.

3 minutes ago, Argus said:

The courts, however, insist on the individual being given the full benefit of lengthy and multiple taxpayer-funded appeals through its vastly complex and time consuming labyrinth of regulatory oversight.

Actually no, the courts do not. It is the laws and regulations that specify the process. Change the laws.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Actually no, the courts do not. It is the laws and regulations that specify the process. Change the laws.

The courts have already done that, giving themselves authority to oversee all aspects of immigration, including deportation.

2 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Court do not have oversight authority anywhere. They are called upon by others to interpret laws, they do not initiate anything.

This is picking nits. Anyone we try to deport will get a lawyer we have to pay for, and that lawyer will make the full use of every delay he or she can both to keep their client in Canada and to pad their bill.

Edited by Argus

16 hours ago, August1991 said:

Betsy, I agree.

Ignore the English-Canadian CBC/MSM noise. They want Conservatives to choose a fall guy: a "progressive" Tory - a Joe Clark, a RINO.

I prefer a real deal, free trade Conservative: a Mulroney, a Trump: Someone who, when all is considered, makes life better for ordinary people.

=====

In 1988, the federal Liberal John Turner opposed US Free Trade. Now, our federal PM Justin Trudeau wants free trade.

In 1988, the CBC opposed Mulroney and free trade; now in 2016, the CBC opposes Trump and barriers to trade.

Go figure.

I haven't heard one Conservative candidate talk about being anti-free trade. Has one of them?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dialamah said:

I find, from your comments on here, that you and I have different 'values'.  Which of us is the Canadian?  

So, you and I differ with one or more of the stated samples of non-Canadian values above.

In what ways are our values differing?    be specific.  Cite.

Edited by betsy

23 minutes ago, Newfoundlander said:

I haven't heard one Conservative candidate talk about being anti-free trade. Has one of them?

I'm not sure.

My only qualifier right now - speaking for myself - is immigration/screening for values.  In my opinion. the whole state of our nation - which includes our economy - lies on that crucial issue about people we let in our country.

Edited by betsy

31 minutes ago, Newfoundlander said:

How?

They made him to be a fearsome ultra-right winger!  "Neocon," was the favored term at the time, if I'm not mistaken.  That's how they tried to portray him.  Those were fear-mongering at their finest!

Edited by betsy

35 minutes ago, betsy said:

So, you and I differ with one or more of the stated samples of non-Canadian values above.

In what ways are our values differing?    be specific.  Cite.

If you could, you would use the law to impose your religious beliefs on everyone in Canada when it comes to divorce, marriage, and abortion.  You refuse to accept the validity of people's sexual orientation or sexual identification because of your religious beliefs.

Don't need to cite anything; your comments on this forum are proof.

14 minutes ago, dialamah said:

If you could, you would use the law to impose your religious beliefs on everyone in Canada when it comes to divorce, marriage, and abortion.  You refuse to accept the validity of people's sexual orientation or sexual identification because of your religious beliefs.

Don't need to cite anything; your comments on this forum are proof.

IRRELEVANT!  :blink:  My religious belief - and what you think I will do, has nothing to do with the issue!

Furthermore, refusing to accept certain sexual orientation as a normal lifestyle, does not mean that I'm in favor of having them harmed, or killed!  You don't seem to see the big difference with that.

I wrote:

Some moron stupidly asked, What is Canadian values?  DOH?  Need you ask?

Would you consider calling for jihad on gays, promiscious and "slutty" women, Canadian values?  Do you consider genital mutilation of women, arranged marriages, honor killings, Canadian values?

Is forced submission of women, inequality, a Canadian value?

You quoted my post, and you say we have differing values.  So I'm asking you to be specific, which among those I listed above are your values?  Or, are all those mentioned, your values?

Edited by betsy

3 hours ago, betsy said:

This is one of your values, Betsy.   You are perfectly fine with forcing a woman to have a baby regardless of her personal situation.  You are perfectly fine with forcing a woman to wear clothes that you deem appropriate, regardless of her preferences.  In your view, women are not able or entitled to make their own decisions regarding their own body; you think you should have the right and abiilty to judge for them.  Fortunately for us, the laws of Canada do not favor your values, they favor mine and so women are still able to obtain abortions and still able to wear ugliest form-hiding clothing known to humankind, or the skimpiest outfit they can find.  

This is not to say that Muslim countries are equal to or better than Canada; women (and minorities of all kinds) are much better off in Canada than almost any Muslim country, but if Christians had held sway politically in this country for the last 100 years, I am not sure that would be the case.   Fortunately, as education has increased so has secularism and so have freedoms and rights for women.    I certainly hope that holds true for third world countries, whether Muslim or Christian since many of those non-Canadian "values" are held by Christians as well as Muslims in those regions.

Edited by dialamah
  • Like 2
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, dialamah said:

This is one of your values, Betsy.   You are perfectly fine with forcing a woman to have a baby regardless of her personal situation.  You are perfectly fine with forcing a woman to wear clothes that you deem appropriate, regardless of her preferences.  In your view, women are not able or entitled to make their own decisions regarding their own body; you think you should have the right and abiilty to judge for them.  Fortunately for us, the laws of Canada do not favor your values, they favor mine and so women are still able to obtain abortions and still able to wear ugliest form-hiding clothing known to humankind, or the skimpiest outfit they can find.  

This is not to say that Muslim countries are equal to or better than Canada; women (and minorities of all kinds) are much better off in Canada than almost any Muslim country, but if Christians had held sway politically in this country for the last 100 years, I am not sure that would be the case.   Fortunately, as education has increased so has secularism and so have freedoms and rights for women.    I certainly hope that holds true for third world countries, whether Muslim or Christian since many of those non-Canadian "values" are held by Christians as well as Muslims in those regions.

One question that I want you to answer.

Why do muslims come to Canada and force us to their way of thinking?

I think the way muslim women are treated in their own country is appalling. Now they have the chance to change and they still live in their own primitive world. Why is that?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Goh Shenas said:

One question that I want you to answer.

Why do muslims come to Canada and force us to their way of thinking?

I think the way muslim women are treated in their own country is appalling. Now they have the chance to change and they still live in their own primitive world. Why is that?

Who is forced to the "Muslim" way of thinking?  I can't think of a single person.   Consider Argus, DoP, Betsy, Bryan, yourself.  Which of them thinks like a "Muslim"?  Do any of your Canadian friends think like "Muslim"?   

I also dislike the way women are treated in Muslim-majority countries and in third-world Christian majority countries and in Russia.   All terrible places for women.   

On the other hand, my sister is married to a Muslim man and lives in Egypt.   She's treated like a goddess, honestly.  She's spoiled rotten, her wish is the command of her husband and his four brothers.   There are certainly drawbacks, she's the first to admit, but there is no misogyny, no beatings, no rape, no mutilation - and she prefers her life there to the life she had in Canada.   

The only primitive people I see are the ones who assume that another group is 'primitive', whether it's an ISIL terrorist or an alt-right Canadian.

On 25/02/2017 at 0:24 PM, betsy said:

Can our candidates running for leadership please stop sounding like liberals?

Really.....I think most of you are liberals in conservative clothings - or you're now confused about your own stripes.  When I listen to you talk, all I have to do is close my eyes, and I feel like attending a blasted liberal rally!

I know, if you want to have the chance of getting elected in this land, you've got to talk the talk - you've got to sound liberal.  However, how can we ever change things around here if nobody will muster up the courage to say things that only makes sense?  Win or lose, you have to stand up and be conservatives in your visions!

There is a major shifting happening next door, and I don't think I'm imagining things when I say that it's catching on.  You've got to know when to seize the moment.  That's part of a being a great leader.

I think, all conservatives should watch this.  And I think, anyone who's aspiring to be leader of the party should take some lessons from it.

The era of empty talk is over.

The OP from the topic America Under President Trump was revisited.  He`s been doing as he`d promised.

What citizen doesn't glow hearing that he comes first?  That the best interest of his country comes first?

You bet, a lot of everday folks - folks who have no secret agenda -  are secretly wishing our politicians are like Trump.

Canada needs a strong leader like President Trump to wake the hell out of people. We need to get a grip of economy and sort out immigration before it's too late.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

17 hours ago, betsy said:

It makes me question the thinking process of CP candidates who dare criticize Kellie Leitch for promoting screening and vetting of would-be applicants that they be compatible with our Canadian values. 

Some moron stupidly asked, What is Canadian values?  DOH?  Need you ask?

Would you consider calling for jihad on gays, promiscious and "slutty" women, Canadian values?  Do you consider genital mutilation of women, arranged marriages, honor killings, Canadian values?

Any CP candidate who find anything wrong with what Kellie Leitch had proposed regarding screening for shared values, is not a conservative. She/He has the same dysfunctional liberal mind!

The whole lot of those so-called conservative candidates are liberals in conservative clothing as far as I am concerned except maybe for Kellie Leitch. But I don't know where she stands on issues like political correctness and multiculturalism which needs to be addressed. Those two programs and agendas will destroy our ways of life and values. 

It amazed me watching those silly politically correct women demonstrating in Canada against Trump over possible loss of women's rights and issues but say nothing about how Islam and muslims treat their muslim women. Most Canadian women should just stay out of politics. Most don't know a thing about politics, and are to emotional to discuss serious political issues. And also if some straight person were to say anything bad about gays in public square they would immediately be attacked by the media and the phony politically correct politicians, and maybe even face arrest for trying to promote hatred or something stupid like that against an identifiable group even though the Charter of Rights says that Canadians have a right to their freedom of expression. Yet the gays are silent on condemning Islam and muslims for their beliefs that all gays should be killed. The fake media and fake politicians are two-faced when it comes to certain issues. If some white straight christian person says something, nail them. If some non-white says something, ignore it.  

Let's MAKE CANADa GREAT and SANE AGAIN.  Works for me. 

6 hours ago, Goh Shenas said:

Conservatism is about things that best serves Canada. Bring back those values that have been neglected. I am against immigration from countries incompatible with ours.

This political correctness by liberals does not serve the country. 

I am also against our present day immigration policy that favors immigrants and refugees from countries who are incompatible with our Canadian values and ways of doing things as we once did. I would prefer our immigration policy of the past where we preferred to have more British and European immigration of people who have a common link. 

The conservative party is just as politically correct as the liberals are. We do not have nor ever will be allowed to have a Trump kind of conservative party that believes in more freedom, less government, less taxes. The zionist elite establishment will never allow it to happen in Canada. They don't want the same thing to happen in Canada like what happened in America where a guy like Trump is now the President. The phony establishment media party would have a hay day with whoever wanted to give it a try. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Goh Shenas said:

Canada needs a strong leader like President Trump to wake the hell out of people. We need to get a grip of economy and sort out immigration before it's too late.

Good luck to anyone who tries to become the Canadian version of a Trump leader of any party in Canada. They will have to face a barrage of ridicule, attacks, and will most likely be called everything under the sun like racist, bigot, intolerant and anti-immigrant and anti-muslim. They will need to have the broad shoulders that Trump carry's around to be able to with stand the onslaught of the people who run the political cesspool here in Canada. Many have tried, and they all have failed. True Conservatism is dead in Canada.  

• Like 1