Justin Trudeau the Worst PM Since Pierre Trudeau?

2 hours ago, ?Impact said:

In other words, you are just a partisan hack regardless of the topic of conversation.

No I am business man that sees canada and the provinces in big trouble because of left wing policies. That is why vancouver people are paying 1,47/L. To stupid to realize their anti pipeline attitude, is causing them a lot of problems. We need oil they need oil and we sell at $30 less a barrel because of these idiotic policies. And they knew a refinery was to go down for maintenance and they had no back up plan. And because of that they have more tanker traffic, something they wanted stopped. All we need is alberta to cut off all oil and show them what will happen.

1 hour ago, PIK said:

No I am business man that sees canada and the provinces in big trouble because of left wing policies.

What did you right wing government do for a decade? Absolutely SFA, so stop whining about left wing polices. This is about selling out to American corporations which has been happening since Mulroney.

38 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

What did you right wing government do for a decade? Absolutely SFA, so stop whining about left wing polices. This is about selling out to American corporations which has been happening since Mulroney.

No, this topic is about Justin Trudeau being the worst prime minister since his father, and continuing the identical policy mistakes, long before Mulroney.

4 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

No, this topic is about Justin Trudeau being the worst prime minister since his father, and continuing the identical policy mistakes, long before Mulroney.

It was Mulroney that kissed Reagan and sold out our industry

3 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

It was Mulroney that kissed Reagan and sold out our industry

Started long before that...Mulroney just formalized Canada's economic plight and reality.   Chretien (Liberal) doubled down with NAFTA.

If you want, start your own Mulroney thread.   

Edited by bush_cheney2004

5 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

If you want, start your own Mulroney thread.   

I was simply pointing out that there has been no change in policy as PIK claims. Instead of being a bunch of rabid partisan hacks, it would be far more constructive to address the real issues here.

I was simply pointing out that there has been no change in policy as PIK claims. Instead of being a bunch of rabid partisan hacks, it would be far more constructive to address the real issues here.

Maybe....but going after Mulroney here is just more partisan hacking.

Justin Trudeau has continued the family tradition of pandering to regional conflict(s) for political gain while undermining Canada's economic competitiveness, just like his father.

The selfie bloom is off, and now his leadership is being seriously questioned by many Canadians.

8 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Ok, so exactly what has undermined our economic competiveness?

Gee, the fact it takes ten years of reports, hearings, meetings, legal efforts and bureaucratic red tape to develop a mine or build a pipeline?

2 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Ok, so exactly what has undermined our economic competiveness?

Seriously ?   You want me to explain the obvious ?

OK...Justin Trudeau has embarked on domestic and international policies that hurt Canada's economic competitiveness through:

• carbon taxes
  • pipeline barriers
  • NAFTA negotiations ("feminism")
  • defence
  • TPP
  • equity market performance

http://business.financialpost.com/opinion/blame-the-trudeau-effect-for-why-canadian-stocks-are-doing-worse-than-the-rest

7 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Seriously ?   You want me to explain the obvious ?

OK...Justin Trudeau has embarked on domestic and international policies that hurt Canada's economic competitiveness through:

• carbon taxes
  • pipeline barriers
  • NAFTA negotiations ("feminism")
  • defence
  • TPP
  • equity market performance

http://business.financialpost.com/opinion/blame-the-trudeau-effect-for-why-canadian-stocks-are-doing-worse-than-the-rest

• Carbon taxes are being implemented all over the world except by ignorant dinosaurs.
  • What pipeline barrier did Trudeau create
  • You probably want globalization in trade with children in sweatshops as well
  • What on defense?
  • TPP came out of the Harper government
  • The TSE has been growing steadily since January 2016, with a slight drop this past January

10 minutes ago, ?Impact said:
  • Carbon taxes are being implemented all over the world except by ignorant dinosaurs.
  • What pipeline barrier did Trudeau create
  • You probably want globalization in trade with children in sweatshops as well
  • What on defense?
  • TPP came out of the Harper government
  • The TSE has been growing steadily since January 2016, with a slight drop this past January

Obviously you concur with Trudeau's policies, regardless of their impact on the Canadian economy.   One cannot be taken seriously when criticizing Mulroney for the FTA while supporting the TPP, which is FTA on steroids.   (Blaming Harper is cute....Harper also did the CETA heavy lifting.)   Trudeau's other social and environmental agenda items will not increase competitiveness or stop the flight of foreign capital to other nations.   No big deal right ?   Except that Canada is so very dependent on foreign direct investment.

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Obviously you concur with Trudeau's policies, regardless of their impact on the Canadian economy.

You have failed to point out the Trudeau policies that have had a negative impact on the Canadian economy. Provide specific examples of a Trudeau policy, and how it has had an impact on the economy. The old "left bad", "right good" bullshyte is just that.

I have spoken out against the TPP, but remember it is not a Trudeau creation. How it will actually play out is still unknown, so academic discussions of a Harper plan blamed on Trudeau are meaningless drivel.

1 minute ago, ?Impact said:

You have failed to point out the Trudeau policies that have had a negative impact on the Canadian economy.

I have already cited examples that you choose to ignore....capital is leaving Canada....or deciding not to invest at all.

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/tax-changes-anti-rich-rhetoric-have-already-inspired-big-fish-to-leave-manley

Justin Trudeau is actually doing far worse than his father as described here:

http://www.macleans.ca/economy/economicanalysis/tracking-canadas-economy-under-justin-trudeau-and-his-dad/

6 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Justin Trudeau is actually doing far worse than his father as described here:

Did you compare inflation as well, because that has a lot to do with the difference between the early 70's and today. Note that is a global issue. Certainly employment is something that can be compared, but then lets compare it to say Harper and Trudeau (both of them) suddenly appear to be geniuses.

Did you compare inflation as well, because that has a lot to do with the difference between the early 70's and today. Note that is a global issue. Certainly employment is something that can be compared, but then lets compare it to say Harper and Trudeau (both of them) suddenly appear to be geniuses.

I'm sure one could find all kinds of excuses for Justin Trudeau's differences, but that isn't the point of this exercise.  

8 hours ago, ?Impact said:

Trudeau is very articulate, and doesn't shy away from the camera. Yes, in the bizillions of hours on film you might catch a few moments where he misspeaks but these examples only prove your extreme bias.

I doubt you watched the videos. Your obvious extreme bias prevents you from acknowledging that these repeated "deer in the headlights" reactions clearly indicate his inability to grasp issues. Never has a leader been so "scripted" - mind numbing talking points and reading  prepared spin comments. Paul Martin, Jean Chretien, Stephen Harper - heck, even Stephan Dion were able to speak "off the cuff" to reporters. 

16 minutes ago, Centerpiece said:

I doubt you watched the videos. Your obvious extreme bias prevents you from acknowledging that these repeated "deer in the headlights" reactions clearly indicate his inability to grasp issues. Never has a leader been so "scripted" - mind numbing talking points and reading  prepared spin comments. Paul Martin, Jean Chretien, Stephen Harper - heck, even Stephan Dion were able to speak "off the cuff" to reporters. 

So I guess you think that Elon Musk must be the most challenged to communicate incoherent person around, not fit for any type of leadership position. You don't have to cherry pick any examples from him, listen to anything he says. I could however cherry pick from Harper, Dion, Martin, Chretien, or anyone else and provide you samples of them misspeaking or struggling to get together words. Go back to the interview Mansbridge did of Harper before the 2015 election for an example.

Edited by ?Impact

2 hours ago, Centerpiece said:

I don't claim to have all the answers, but have looked into many things for years.  Most of the electorate appear to be just as ignorant of the issues and quite willing to vote on emotion, impulse, good looks, and talking points.  That's the biggest problem with democracy.  There is no requirement for any kind of knowledge.  People are told to get out and vote, do their duty as if this is all that matters.  Ignorance doesn't matter.  At least it's better than China's or Russia's one-man dictatorship, which they are stuck with permanently. 

8 hours ago, blackbird said:

At least it's better than China's or Russia's one-man dictatorship, which they are stuck with permanently. 

Agreed. As they say - democracy is the worst form of government - except for all the others.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ?Impact said:

I could however cherry pick from Harper, Dion, Martin, Chretien, or anyone else and provide you samples of them misspeaking or struggling to get together words. Go back to the interview Mansbridge did of Harper before the 2015 election for an example.

Please go ahead and cherry pick with an actual link and at what point your faux-pas occurred  - find just ONE (as opposed to the 3 I provided) from ANY of them (even Dion) where they completely freeze up and can't speak. Getting Canada's birthday wrong wasn't a freeze-up - it was just dumb.

Looks like Trudeau has alienated yet another country by refusing to meet with the King and Queen from Belgium:

Link: https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2018/03/12/trudeau-skips-meeting-belgian-royalty-business-delegation.html

OTTAWA—Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is raising diplomatic eyebrows for not meeting with Belgian royalty and business leaders during their week-long visit to Canada.

Trudeau has no plans to meet with the Belgian royal couple, King Philippe and Queen Mathilde, or their delegation of 150 business leaders, academics and political leaders, who arrived Sunday.