Justin Trudeau the Worst PM Since Pierre Trudeau?

6 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Justin Trudeau is hiding out in the U.S. to escape bad news back home...plus it is warmer in California:

• Canada lost 88,000 jobs last month
  • BC and Alberta have declared an all out pipeline war
  • President Duerte now wants to cancel the $233 million Bell helicopter contract
  • Peoplekind can't save NAFTA....it will be mostly men if it happens at all
  • International investment not impressed by Trudeau's sunny ways

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/canada-employment-january-1.4527905

Trudeau and the Liberals oppose selling helicopters that could be used to fight ISIS terrorists in the Philippines.

On 2/8/2018 at 12:35 PM, CITIZEN_2015 said:

And this comes from a Rightist. Me. No it is not because we disapprove of them but because these brutal regimes use the technology, business, arms or whatever else we provide them to repress/murder/torture their own people or fight a war against other people. Do you wish blood money?. Do Canadians wish to do their groceries with the blood of all the defenseless repressed people of the world. No, we are not Russians or Chinese who are cold blooded heartless unelected governments. We are Canadians and very proud of it too and what distinguishes us is that we say loud and clear to our elected government NOT to sell arms to tyrannical regimes especially those in Middle East. Help their people to overthrow the tyrany and thugs in power by putting political and economic pressure on the regimes.

Break ties with these repressive regimes and do not trade with the devil. We do not wish to be on the same level as murderous regimes in China and Russia who support or trade with their own kind, the more murderous regimes. Do not create Frankeshtain Monsters. Once they are done with murdering their own people they turn their guns against you (the West) because this is where they see their demise will be coming (democracy) and hence this is where they hate the most. So even if you are okay with blood money then think of this.

ISIS Islamic terrorists are a powerful force in the southern part of the Philippines.  Are we not going to provide any equipment to fight Islamic terrorists because of a poor human rights record?  Many countries have a poor record, but should we stand by while Islamic terrorists grow in strength and possible eventually take over a country?

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

ISIS Islamic terrorists are a powerful force in the southern part of the Philippines.  Are we not going to provide any equipment to fight Islamic terrorists because of a poor human rights record?  Many countries have a poor record, but should we stand by while Islamic terrorists grow in strength and possible eventually take over a country?

Yes we help those who fight terrorists but we do not arm or economically help those states with proven records of terrorism who terrorize their own people for their own survival.

21 hours ago, ?Impact said:

That's ok, Trump makes our neighbours a laughing stock ten times daily.

So we have a race going on ,on who is the most embarrassing. Even the americans are catching on ,on how stupid trudeau is.And now he is on tour talking to american kids while we have trade wars going on in our own country. Oh and then off to india for a nice holiday with the wife.

19 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Yes we help those who fight terrorists but we do not arm or economically help those states with proven records of terrorism who terrorize their own people for their own survival.

Drugs have become a serious problem there.

• Thanks 1

On 2/9/2018 at 11:15 AM, PIK said:

The peoplekind went viral and made a laughing stock out of the country. The whole world is having a big laugh on us. And then we have a trade war looming between alberta and BC and where is trudeau , visiting american universities and then off for a few weeks to tour india with his wife at our expense. 

The "peoplekind" remark could be good cannon fodder in the next election.  

Trudeau criticizing our justice system because he didn't like the outcome of the Bouchie - Stanley trial in Saskatchewan was bizarre to say the least.   It wasn't good for "reconciliation", although I wouldn't recommend that be used in the election.  A court ruling should not be used for political purposes, but maybe his commenting on it could.  But it's risky because the whole issue surrounding it could be political suicide for any party that gets into it.

Edited by blackbird
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ?Impact said:

It is not a race when Trump is about a bizillion miles ahead, and running a zillion times faster.

Sorry but trump at least is creating a better economy, where justin and wynne are destroying ours. I will take trumps BS over trudeau PC any day. Never thought I would say that but I did.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The "peoplekind" remark could be good cannon fodder in the next election.  Also Trudeau criticizing our justice system because he didn't like the outcome of the Bouchie - Stanley trial in Saskatchewan.  It wasn't good for "reconciliation".

Every day is new cannon fodder from trudeau, it never ends. Even my most liberal friends are sick and tired of him.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PIK said:

Sorry but trump at least is creating a better economy, where justin and wynne are destroying ours. I will take trumps BS over trudeau PC any day. Never thought I would say that but I did.

I have to agree with you completely.  Trump has his warts but he is on the right track.

• Thanks 1

Trudeau's specialty is identity politics. He virtue signals on every conceivable issue involving any minority there is, such as blacks, Muslims, aboriginals, feminism, LGBTs, etc. to continue to try to build that kind of voting base.  His view of the world is very narrow and he sees systemic racism effecting every minority group and exploits it for all it's worth.  The question is, is systemic racism really an issue or is it blown out of all proportion for votes?

37 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Trudeau criticizing our justice system because he didn't like the outcome of the Bouchie - Stanley trial in Saskatchewan was bizarre to say the least.

Not as bizarre as you making up that story.

33 minutes ago, PIK said:

Sorry but trump at least is creating a better economy, where justin and wynne are destroying ours.

Yes, two 1000 point plus crash days on the Dow in a single week. Each one is by themselves the largest point drop in history, let alone two in a single week.

3 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Yes, two 1000 point plus crash days on the Dow in a single week. Each one is by themselves the largest point drop in history, let alone two in a single week.

...but still doing far better than Trudeau and Canadian markets/economy.    Trudeau wishes he had it so bad.

Analysis

Why the Canadian stock market is performing so poorly compared to the U.S. market

TSX didn't benefit from the Trump bump and overseas investors don't see much opportunity here

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/canada-stock-market-performance-laggard-1.4526473

Edited by bush_cheney2004
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, blackbird said:

Trudeau's specialty is identity politics. He virtue signals on every conceivable issue involving any minority there is, such as blacks, Muslims, aboriginals, feminism, LGBTs, etc. to continue to try to build that kind of voting base.  His view of the world is very narrow and he sees systemic racism effecting every minority group and exploits it for all it's worth.

Interesting point of view. This makes me think, Mr. Trudeau could be the same kind of leader as Mr. Trump, just on the opposite side of the political spectrum. He has the same style, appeal to emotionalism. His personal background is similar too... born into wealth, fame, guaranteed success, with no prior experience in politics. No prior experience in working at all, really. Although Trump does have more as a businessman. Or is that Businesskind. But now I think there really is something to this.

When I saw the video of Trudeau confronting that woman at the town hall over her use of the word "mankind", I immediately felt he was bullying her. Not just because of the word, but because of what she was saying about her religious belief. She was a Christian, I think, and asked him to participate with her group, and he pretty much just blew her off like she was a nut. Had she been wearing a Hijab, he probably would have been much nicer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

English is quite a masculine language and the Canadian PM can't change that even though he certainly tries. Telling people to say peoplekind rather than mankind only makes him seem foolish rather than make people obey his wish.

I have to say the term peoplekind has grown on me and I suspect it'll sink into public consciousness and vernacular.  My immediate reaction was to chuckle and then laugh harder at the tone of the criticism.  I don't know what makes the word stand out more, it's symbolism for an equitably healthier future for both women and men or a ridicule that underscores how knuckle-draggers insist on forever kicking and screaming their way into the future. Oh well,  a hundred years from now they'll probably be claiming equality was actually their idea.

The Swedes are trying to erase their gender-based personal pronouns han and hon ( he and she) with a neutral hen. Too bad for the loonies that evolution of language takes a bit longer time than a commandment by the leading feminist.

23 hours ago, -TSS- said:

Too bad for the loonies that evolution of language takes a bit longer time than a commandment by the leading feminist.

Are you kidding? Language is evolving at a ferocious rate these days.  New words are created on a nearly daily basis. New meanings and definitions are added to old words like pieces of Mr Potato head and people of all stripes are competing to be heard, understood or to get their points across.

This is most definitely evolution in every sense of the word and its happening so quickly people can barely see it never mind keep up.

Edited by eyeball

So ... CANADA IS BACK eh?

Now Trudeau is being snubbed and ill-treated in India, after enduring the same from he Chinese. The Russians can't stand him, and the Americans keep finding new ways to bitch slap Canada. The Japanese and Australians are mad at him too.

Great foreign policy there, Mister Socks.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-43109029

No wonder he is drinking. And no wonder the party got him out of the country. Pretty bad when your own party does not want you around. It seems Trump jr is there also and getting the red carpet.

Edited by PIK