Finding Posts with Likes

TimG

In the other forum, anyone who gives your post a like will have their names appear at the bottom of that particular post.  That's important!  You want to know who agreed with you, and for what!

Another plus point for like feature, is the way it helps maintain a good relationship between posters - even those who don't agree.  I've had bitter debates with some, and we've given each other a like in neutral threads....just to let each other know that there's no hard feelings between us.

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

• Forum Admin
57 minutes ago, betsy said:

Why can't I give a like to poster?   I gave a like to a poster, but it says "you're not allowed to give a like to this member?"

You may have reached your daily limit of 20 positive up votes.

14 minutes ago, Greg said:

You may have reached your daily limit of 20 positive up votes.

It would say that.  I just reached that limit and it gave the 20 number as the reason.  Betsy quoted "you're not allowed to give a like to this member?"

That seems odd, if true.

20 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

It would say that.  I just reached that limit and it gave the 20 number as the reason.  Betsy quoted "you're not allowed to give a like to this member?"

That seems odd, if true.

I was giving Squid a like just now....and it says I've reached my limit 20 for giving likes.  It was SmallC that I was trying to give a like to, a while back.

Edited by betsy

13 minutes ago, betsy said:

I was giving Squid a like just now....and it says I've reached my limit 20 for giving likes.  It was SmallC that I was trying to give a like to, a while back.

And it just wouldn't let you, based on who he was?  That explains why I'm only at +2, obviously.  No-one is allowed to give me likes.

That makes me feel so much better.

15 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

And it just wouldn't let you, based on who he was?  That explains why I'm only at +2, obviously.  No-one is allowed to give me likes.

That makes me feel so much better.

The message with SmallC -  "you're not allowed to give a like to this member?"  - maybe he got me on ignore.  Or maybe I've already reached my 20 limit at that time, and the message was a glitch.

I was -9 last night (in the red), and now I'm up.   Do we go back to neutral everyday?  Or the likes we get are kept permanently?

Edited by betsy

49 minutes ago, betsy said:

The message with SmallC -  "you're not allowed to give a like to this member?"  - maybe he got me on ignore.  Or maybe I've already reached my 20 limit at that time, and the message was a glitch.

I was -9 last night (in the red), and now I'm up.   Do we go back to neutral everyday?  Or the likes we get are kept permanently?

Keep it up and you might win the day. If you check my profile, you'll see I won the day yesterday. You won't believe the awesome prizes.

3 hours ago, betsy said:

Just tried to give you a like, I still can't due to  the 20 limit.  It's still in effect as of this writing.

I noticed in the old software that the top posters for the day was actually calculated over 24 hours and not a calendar day, perhaps it is the same thing with the reputation points (ie. if you gave them yesterday afternoon then they will be cleared this afternoon and not this morning at midnight).

• Like 1