US vs Iran

On 2/15/2017 at 10:23 AM, DogOnPorch said:

As you might or might-not know, both Iran and North Korea are developing missiles with global range. The Shahab-3 is old. Testing re-entry shrouds is also against the treaty...and that's going-on, as well.

And finally....do you REALLY think the end game here is to develop short range missiles?

Really??

You said they launched an ICBM. He corrected you and explained how they didn't. Why not move along instead of trying to spread alt-facts?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, marcus said:

You said they launched an ICBM. He corrected you and explained how they didn't. Why not move along instead of trying to spread alt-facts?

A nuclear weapon can fit on the end of a SCUD.

The UN Resolution says NO missiles that can carry a nuclear weapon. None.

You can dance all you wish about the range the thing has...or will have...or used to have. And when your ballistic missile has a CEP of over a kilometer, it better have a nuke on the tip.

Now why don't you run along rather than claim I'm spreading alt-facts?

• Downvote 3

19 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

A nuclear weapon can fit on the end of a SCUD.

The UN Resolution says NO missiles that can carry a nuclear weapon. None.

You can dance all you wish about the range the thing has...or will have...or used to have. And when your ballistic missile has a CEP of over a kilometer, it better have a nuke on the tip.

Now why don't you run along rather than claim I'm spreading alt-facts?

The UN Resolution says no ballistic missiles capable of carrying nuclear weapons. Iran fired cruise missiles which are not banned.

If you really care about stopping wars and reducing instability in the region instead of wanting to stop a country who is taking it upon itself to be able to defend itself, because you're okay with bullying countries, why not put that energy of yours into the real threats in the middle east which kill and maim innocent civilians: Israel, which actually has nuclear weapons and routinely attacks other countries and territories and Saudi Arabia which continues to bomb other countries and is funding one of the most barbaric groups this millennium.  

Edited by marcus
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

On 2/16/2017 at 8:05 AM, Bonam said:

If Israel has nuclear weapons, it's supposedly had them for ~50 years. Despite being attacked multiple times in that time period, it has never used them or even threatened to use them. If Israel has nukes, it has demonstrated that it can be trusted with them no less than any other country. 

By the same token, Iran has been invaded multiple times, but has never invaded or threatened to invade any of its neighbors. It has its proxies mostly in Shia areas (Hezbollah, Assad, the new Iraqi government, etc) like all middle tier regional players do. The bottom line is that all this bluster comes from politicians and chicken hawks. Intelligence agencies even in places like Israel and the US don't believe Iran is much of a threat at all. Some people just watch too many movies... and some people just want to watch more wars from the safety of their sofas.

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, drummindiver said:

Not really new, just more of the same rhetoric...kill them filthy Jews.

https://www.algemeiner.com/2017/02/22/irans-leader-urges-palestinians-to-launch-violent-uprising/

Could you please highlight the part that actually says "kill them filthy Jews"?  I looked but I couldn't find it.

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

On ‎16‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 3:08 PM, GostHacked said:

The thing Israel does well is get a nation like the USA to do some of it's dirty work.

Yes, but Canada is much better at it than Israel.

Luckily for Canada, and unlike Israel, we are not surrounded by nations, groups and proxies  that wish to exterminate every person in the country.

• Downvote 1

45 minutes ago, overthere said:

Yes, but Canada is much better at it than Israel.

Luckily for Canada, and unlike Israel, we are not surrounded by nations, groups and proxies  that wish to exterminate every person in the country.

Yeah the muslims are here to get us overhear. They are stripping us of our values. Trudeau is a softie. Canada needs a prime minister that kicks all muslims out. That way me and you will feel better about it.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, eyeball said:

Could you please highlight the part that actually says "kill them filthy Jews"?  I looked but I couldn't find it.

Thanks.

Yeah,  you'll notice I paraphrased hence no quotation marks.  Is "Cancerous tumor" better? Let's not forget the money you personally receive for killing a Cancerous tumor. And the boatload of money to buy medical supplies to wipe out that tumor. (by that I mean money for guns to kill jews).

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, drummindiver said:

Yeah,  you'll notice I paraphrased hence no quotation marks. 

I supplied the quotation marks.

Is "Cancerous tumor" better?

No not really because your source talks about Israel the country and Jewish people as if they were one and the same thing.  I'm assuming the article's ambiguity is as deliberate as the ignorance of the intended audience.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

No not really because your source talks about Israel the country and Jewish people as if they were one and the same thing.  I'm assuming the article's ambiguity is as deliberate as the ignorance of the intended audience.

So you're changing my post. Changing the context. Doing what you do.

And Reuters,  one of the planets largest global news agency is not good enough for you.

The article wasn't ambiguous, it just doesn't fit your narrative of Iran the good and Israel the bad.

You read it,  therefore you are included in intended audience. 

Edited by drummindiver
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, eyeball said:

These types of articles usually are same way their selected target audience go at any length to make the mud stick...

Poor journalism....

4 hours ago, kactus said:

These types of articles usually are same way their selected target audience go at any length to make the mud stick...

Poor journalism....

They reported what was said.

Quoted directly. Good journalism.

I know it's not the CNN slanted biased antisemitic  lies that fits many narratives here, but damn actual facts are hard.

• Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, drummindiver said:

They reported what was said.

Quoted directly. Good journalism.

I know it's not the CNN slanted biased antisemitic  lies that fits many narratives here, but damn actual facts are hard.

Same narratives that now discredits CNN news outlet with BS lies? No thanks! Must be rubbing off alternative facts...

14 hours ago, drummindiver said:

So you're changing my post. Changing the context. Doing what you do.

Using quotation marks changes the context? Ok.  In that case what context are you trying to change by putting quotation marks around the words cancerous tumour? I noticed both Reuters and The Algemeiner also did this when they quoted the source of the phrase, the Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.  

Ayatollah Ali Khamenei was referring to the country and government of Israel not the "filthy jews" you referred to.  Clearly the context has been changed multiple times but with editorial ambiguity and reader ignorance not quotation marks.  All you're doing is spreading more ambiguity and ignorance by suggesting quotation marks have some special power that changes the meanings of words or the minds of people reading them.  Just because it's worked on you doesn't mean it works on everyone else.

Interestingly enough the Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has terminal cancer. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

Just because it's worked on you doesn't mean it works on everyone else.

It sure works in Iran:

'Israel must be wiped out': Iran launches two missiles with threat written on them in Hebrew as the country ignores criticism of its ballistic weapon tests 

7 hours ago, eyeball said:

Using quotation marks changes the context? Ok.  In that case what context are you trying to change by putting quotation marks around the words cancerous tumour? I noticed both Reuters and The Algemeiner also did this when they quoted the source of the phrase, the Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.  

Ayatollah Ali Khamenei was referring to the country and government of Israel not the "filthy jews" you referred to.  Clearly the context has been changed multiple times but with editorial ambiguity and reader ignorance not quotation marks.  All you're doing is spreading more ambiguity and ignorance by suggesting quotation marks have some special power that changes the meanings of words or the minds of people reading them.  Just because it's worked on you doesn't mean it works on everyone else.

Interestingly enough the Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has terminal cancer. 

Yes, his vitriol is directed specifically to members of government and not the populace at large. Said no Ayatollah ever.

• Downvote 1

18 hours ago, eyeball said:

Get back to us when they write "kill them filthy jews" - with or without the quotation marks - makes no difference.

Here you go. You're welcome

O Allah!] Give us victory over the disbelieving people… O Allah! Give victory to Islam and raise the standing the Muslims. And humiliate the polytheism and polytheists. O Allah! Give victory (help) to your slaves who believe in the oneness of Allah, O the Lord of the Worlds!O Allah! Give them victory over the criminal people. O Allah! Destroy anyone who killed Muslims. O Allah! Destroy anyone who displaced the sons of the Muslims. O Allah! Count their number; slay them one by one and spare not one of them. O Allah! Purify Al-Aqsa Mosque from the filth of the Jews! O Allah! Purify Al-Aqsa Mosque from the filth of the Jews!

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

18 hours ago, eyeball said:

Get back to us when they write "kill them filthy jews" - with or without the quotation marks - makes no difference.

This one says" don't kill vile filthy jews."

No wait. Kill em. Sons of apes and pigs and probably giraffes.

Can't make this shite up.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/260689/muslim-sheikh-retracts-controversial-dont-kill-daniel-greenfield

Edited by drummindiver
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, drummindiver said:

This one says" don't kill vile filthy jews."

No wait. Kill em. Sons of apes and pigs and probably giraffes.

Can't make this shite up.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/260689/muslim-sheikh-retracts-controversial-dont-kill-daniel-greenfield

What has this got to do with Iran?

Edited by kactus