Donald Trump should be commended for his Muslim Ban.

6 minutes ago, Smallc said:

Donald Trump has already stated that he will fast track religious minorities (i.e. non Muslim) from those areas.  

So, just pretend to be a Christian refugee, and come right on in.  Not that I think terrorists are hiding out in refugee camps, but still - this policy looks pretty darn easy to circumvent.

Just now, dialamah said:

So, just pretend to be a Christian refugee, and come right on in.  Not that I think terrorists are hiding out in refugee camps, but still - this policy looks pretty darn easy to circumvent.

Don't you know that all Christians are white?

1 hour ago, Smallc said:

Donald Trump has already stated that he will fast track religious minorities (i.e. non Muslim) from those areas.  

From a security perspective, that simply means they don't fear Christians coming to their country to blow people up.

17 hours ago, hernanday said:

Why, he ran on being anti-pc, the terrorist aren't coming from east europe, they are coming from the middle east and west/central asia.

He hasn't banned west/central asia yet or the actual countries of the ME producing the most terrorists which renders his claim to the above suspect.

As well banning everyone arbitrarily from those countries punishes the innocent. No one has suggested the US shouldn't screen or have the discretion to turn people back but to just blanket ban is the issue.

The US has always had legal power to ban and use its discretion at the borders. This one takes the discretion away to do that and lumps everyone in one category.

You never cease to amaze me. For someone who claims he is against discrimination you now think someone because TRump said he would be a bigot and now is, this is laudable? Yah you got to hand it to  terrorists then. They say they are going to kill innocent people, then do just that. Using your reasoning that is admirable.

2 hours ago, Rue said:

He hasn't banned west/central asia yet or the actual countries of the ME producing the most terrorists which renders his claim to the above suspect.

I thought that myself, at first, but then as I came to think about it, those countries are, for the most part, riven by civil war and instability, where you can't rely on the government to even know, much less care, who these people are getting onto airplanes to travel abroad, and where it's childishly easy to obtain travel documents, including passports. I understand the Syrian government will simply sell their passport to anyone who wants one, no questions asked. You can at least talk to the government in Saudi Arabia or Pakistan to check someone out, for example. You can't do that in these other countries. Iran, I admit, is considerably more organized and has an excellent security apparatus, but I think the feeling is there that you can't rely on anything they say to be truthful, given they still refer to the US as "the great Satan".

9 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

This travel ban stuff is an excellent diversion and distraction while Team Trump pounds away with more executive orders.  

The protesters will not be able to keep up with all of President Trump's changes.

Yep, and nor does it even matter if they do protest. He is the POTUS. His power is practically absolute. Whatever he says WILL be done immediately, and no amount of whining by unwashed leftists is going to change it.

1 minute ago, OftenWrong said:

Yep, and nor does it even matter if they do protest. He is the POTUS. His power is practically absolute. Whatever he says WILL be done immediately, and no amount of whining by unwashed leftists is going to change it.

What if all the leftists washed?   Would that help?    :P

Edited by dialamah

I'm saying that where people are coming from matters in how they're treated at airports.  I don't see how it's an abomination to see a professional person from Iran detained, but it's quite normal for children, the disabled and the elderly to be body searched at airports simply because a random buzzer went off as they passed through security.

The media only portrays one side of the work that's been done, as usual. Trump implemented the travel ban, and also placed an immediate halt to allowing refugees to enter the United States effective immediately. At the same time, he is having conversations with other world leaders about setting up "safe zones" in Syria.

When I heard it was safe zones, I thought, surely leftists will be pleased to hear that. I mean, these are entire zones.

4 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

At the same time, he is having conversations with other world leaders about setting up "safe zones" in Syria.

That would be nice.   Perhaps someone with more knowledge of war zones could explain to me how that would work, because with all the different players in the region, how can they ensure a zone is safe?  And if they can do that, why not just make the entire country of Syria safe?    

1 minute ago, dialamah said:

That would be nice.   Perhaps someone with more knowledge of war zones could explain to me how that would work, because with all the different players in the region, how can they ensure a zone is safe?  And if they can do that, why not just make the entire country of Syria safe?    

The countries Trump selected were selected by the Obama administration's director of national intelligence, secretary of state, the secretary of homeland security, and the department of homeland security, not by President Trump. 

The countries listed on President Trump’s executive order come from the Terrorist Travel Prevention Act of 2015, which restricted people from Iran, Iraq, Sudan and Syria and was expanded on January 2016, by Obama's admin, to include Libya, Somalia, and Yemen. Facts are elusive to Canadian Liberals who rely on fake news like your CBC and Globe and Mail. Canadians, I find, are easily influenced because they lack understanding.

6 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Trump is an expert in military strategy, since economics is war by other means.

5 minutes ago, Cum Laude said:

The countries Trump selected were selected by the Obama administration's director of national intelligence, secretary of state, the secretary of homeland security, and the department of homeland security, not by President Trump. 

The countries listed on President Trump’s executive order come from the Terrorist Travel Prevention Act of 2015, which restricted people from Iran, Iraq, Sudan and Syria and was expanded on January 2016, by Obama's admin, to include Libya, Somalia, and Yemen. Facts are elusive to Canadian Liberals who rely on fake news like your CBC and Globe and Mail. Canadians, I find, are easily influenced because they lack understanding.

Some Canadians are, clearly. This Canadian right here already quoted that info a couple of days ago.

Didn't help much though...

1.  That had nothing to do with my question relating to safe zones, which is an interesting idea to me, but I am really not sure how it would work in a war zone, and given the situation over there.  

1 minute ago, Cum Laude said:

Facts are elusive to Canadian Liberals who rely on fake news like your CBC and Globe and Mail. Canadians, I find, are easily influenced because they lack understanding.

Conservatives are arrogant, and also stupid.  They are unable to employ critical thinking and so embrace any fake news that seems to agree with them.  And they are also remarkably prone to generalizing, tossing insults and name-calling for no reason.

Next time you respond to me, please remember that I'm not a "Liberal", I'm an individual.  Thank you.

27 minutes ago, dialamah said:

1.  That had nothing to do with my question relating to safe zones, which is an interesting idea to me, but I am really not sure how it would work in a war zone, and given the situation over there.

Ok what I meant was, in response to your concern that there are too many players over there, Trump is having meetings with the players now. He met with the Saudi King to discuss safe zones, among other things. I doubt they kissed. He is meeting with Putin imminently. No doubt they'll discuss the Syrian crisis in broad terms. When I said stuff about economics I meant Trump is a deal maker, so there will be a general discussion about security and of course money. Trade deals. You bomb my bad guys and I'll offer you a really good deal on removing some sanctions. Make money not war

Many refugees are scared to leave their own country, even despite the danger that war brings. What they really want is for the problems to be solved so they can get back to their lives again. Anyone would prefer to stay home, among their family and friends. In the land they were born. THAT would be the best outcome for everybody.

Nobody else was even talking about this, it was just assumed the whole damned country needs to be vacated.

Edited by OftenWrong
there was a run-on sentance

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

I remember him talking about it during the primaries........Reader's Digest, his "plan" was to protect and provide further assistance to refugee camps in the border regions, like Jordan, Iraq and Turkey. IIRC, doing this saw a dollar spent go three times as far, in other words, for the cost of bringing one family to the United States, they could support three families in prefab camps over there, providing for all of their needs closer to home......end result, no security issue for the United States, and more people are helped and ready to return home and rebuild once the conflict is over.

(I remember back in late 2014-early 2015, a Canadian manufacturer that built prefab remote communities for O&G workers and the Canadian Forces, if purchased in bulk, could produce a prefab "shelter" out of 40'  ISO containers, big enough for several families, for under $5000. Furthermore, for slightly more money, communal showers/washrooms, kitchens, classrooms and even hospitals. Each container would have self contained power and HVAC, ones with lesser electrical loads like sleeping quarters could be powered by a solar panel, and could be shipped by a standard ship/railcar/truck. When the conflict ended, ship the containers back to the refugees villages, towns and cities for shelters well they rebuild)