Donald Trump should be commended for his Muslim Ban.

He ran on a platform of a muslim ban, he promised the voters he'd give it, his only mistake, is that his muslim ban does not go far enough, because it permits in muslims from terror hot beds like Saudi, Afghanistan, Egypt, Lebanon, Palestine, Jordan, UAE, Kuwait, Turkey, Pakistan, Tunisia and so many more terror hot beds.  Mr. Trump needs to keep his promises.

We always say that politicians don't keep their promises, but here is Donald Trump - a politician- partially keeping his promise and people are condeming him?  This is a no win situation, no matter what Trump did, some pc whiners would whine.  Why didn't all these people who oppose the muslim ban vote in the election?  Seems like people trying to close the gate after the horses have ran free.  The election happened, Trump is president, he ran on a muslim ban platform, we cannot be surprised by the ban but rather expect it.

I commend Trump for honoring his word and election promises, even though I may disagree with his policies.

First of all it is not a Muslim ban. It is a CITIZEN ban. It is based on the color of their passports not any religion they believe in. Many religious minorities who are persecuted in those countries are banned too. So get the facts right first and second as you conceded the ban did not include so many anti-American nationals that you listed and are hostile to US and American and who actually in the past have carried out terrorist attacks against the US civilians on American soil. It was NOT for the safety of American as Trump and his gangsters are trying to sell but rather a political move to pretend that he has uphold his campaign promise and gain support. He is not to be commended on anything except being responsible for bringing the old Nazi theories to America and Trump is a disgrace to America. many Americans are ashamed and I don't blame them.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

18 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

I think if the leftists knew that some Christians were blocked yesterday, they'd feel a lot better.

I don't think the reaction would be nearly as strong if it was Romania, Bulgaria and Serbia.

7 minutes ago, Argus said:

I don't think the reaction would be nearly as strong if it was Romania, Bulgaria and Serbia.

Well surely not. Who wishes to go to these countries anyways!!. No seriously it is real sad because US of A always stood for democracy and human rights at least within their borders. The three countries you named never stood for human rights in fact they have a history of human right violations as part of Warsaw pact in the past. Serbia in particular carried out genocide against Muslims not long ago. But US of A following the path of Nazi Germany and barring people based on color of passport or national origin is a shock.

2 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

No seriously it is real sad because US of A always stood for democracy and human rights at least within their borders.

And it's still a democracy, and it still has human rights. But it is not a human right to be allowed to go and live in the US, nor even enter it.  A lot of Muslim countries, BTW, bar entry to all Israelis. Sixteen, to be exact. Among them, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Sudan and Yemen. Oh my!

Edited by Argus
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Argus said:

And it's still a democracy, and it still has human rights. But it is not a human right to be allowed to go and live in the US, nor even enter it.  A lot of Muslim countries, BTW, bar entry to all Israelis. Sixteen, to be exact. Among them, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Sudan and Yemen. Oh my!

It is a human right violation when people are discriminated based on race, sex, skin color, religion, national origin, language or sexual orientation. The US of A now discriminates based at least on one of those factors I listed.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

1 hour ago, hernanday said:

He ran on a platform of a muslim ban, he promised the voters he'd give it, his only mistake, is that his muslim ban does not go far enough, because it permits in muslims from terror hot beds like Saudi, Afghanistan, Egypt, Lebanon, Palestine, Jordan, UAE, Kuwait, Turkey, Pakistan, Tunisia and so many more terror hot beds.  Mr. Trump needs to keep his promises.

We always say that politicians don't keep their promises, but here is Donald Trump - a politician- partially keeping his promise and people are condeming him?  This is a no win situation, no matter what Trump did, some pc whiners would whine.  Why didn't all these people who oppose the muslim ban vote in the election?  Seems like people trying to close the gate after the horses have ran free.  The election happened, Trump is president, he ran on a muslim ban platform, we cannot be surprised by the ban but rather expect it.

I commend Trump for honoring his word and election promises, even though I may disagree with his policies.

Apparently, the list with those 7 countries were taken from Obama admin.  According to Priebus, it might get expanded.

Another explanation I heard (can't recall the name of the guy), is that those 7 nations have such poor relations with the USA that it's almost impossible to verify the identities of applicants from those nations. 

Yes, Trump has been repeatedly saying that the Muslim temporary ban will happen within his first 100 days in office. 

I suppose people thought he's just another politician who won't keep his promise once elected.  They didn't take him seriously -  and now, they're all shell-shocked.

Edited by betsy

President Trump is not responsible for the "human rights" of all people in the world.  He is responsible for security of U.S. borders.

I also commend President Trump for following through on his campaign rhetoric, and urge him to ignore peanut gallery voices who have no say in the matter of U.S. border security, especially those from a nation that gave us Ahmed Ressam (Millennium Bomber).

3 hours ago, Hal 9000 said:

I think if the leftists knew that some Christians were blocked yesterday, they'd feel a lot better.

Trump has said Christians in countries where they are minorities are persecuted and will be let in as refugees from these countries.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/27/politics/trump-christian-refugees/

3 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

First of all it is not a Muslim ban. It is a CITIZEN ban. It is based on the color of their passports not any religion they believe in. Many religious minorities who are persecuted in those countries are banned too. So get the facts right first and second as you conceded the ban did not include so many anti-American nationals that you listed and are hostile to US and American and who actually in the past have carried out terrorist attacks against the US civilians on American soil. It was NOT for the safety of American as Trump and his gangsters are trying to sell but rather a political move to pretend that he has uphold his campaign promise and gain support. He is not to be commended on anything except being responsible for bringing the old Nazi theories to America and Trump is a disgrace to America. many Americans are ashamed and I don't blame them.

Actually he said he would fast track Christian refugees in Syria and Sudan.  So its not a citizenship ban, MUSLIM BAN.

3 hours ago, Hal 9000 said:

And that's where Trump went wrong.  He shoulda thrown a wrench into things by listing a eastern Europe or Scandinavian country.

Why, he ran on being anti-pc, the terrorist aren't coming from east europe, they are coming from the middle east and west/central asia.

2 hours ago, betsy said:

Apparently, the list with those 7 countries were taken from Obama admin.  According to Priebus, it might get expanded.

Another explanation I heard (can't recall the name of the guy), is that those 7 nations have such poor relations with the USA that it's almost impossible to verify the identities of applicants from those nations. 

Yes, Trump has been repeatedly saying that the Muslim temporary ban will happen within his first 100 days in office. 

I suppose people thought he's just another politician who won't keep his promise once elected.  They didn't take him seriously -  and now, they're all shell-shocked.

These people are hypocrites, they constantly demand that politicians keep their promises, and now one finally does and they got their panties all spread out.

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

President Trump is not responsible for the "human rights" of all people in the world.  He is responsible for security of U.S. borders.

I also commend President Trump for following through on his campaign rhetoric, and urge him to ignore peanut gallery voices who have no say in the matter of U.S. border security, especially those from a nation that gave us Ahmed Ressam (Millennium Bomber).

Agreed,

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

This travel ban stuff is an excellent diversion and distraction while Team Trump pounds away with more executive orders.  

The protesters will not be able to keep up with all of President Trump's changes.

Except this one has caught the ire of other Republicans. 

Is it just an attempt to keep an election promise even though there's no way the ban will stand. So he can blame someone else. 

Edited by Boges

5 minutes ago, Boges said:

Except this one has caught the ire of other Republicans. 

Is it just an attempt to keep an election promise even though there's no way the ban will stand. So he can blame someone else. 

Maybe...Trump is on firm legal ground and the Dems know it, so they are drafting new legislation.   Obama had travel bans too, but not in the context of Trump's "Muslim ban" from the campaign.

2 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

This travel ban stuff is an excellent diversion and distraction while Team Trump pounds away with more executive orders.  

The protesters will not be able to keep up with all of President Trump's changes.

You forgot language in dealing with people.  As Jamie Lannister says only a fool makes threats he's not prepared to carry out...

3 hours ago, Boges said:

He should not be commended because Pakistan and Saudi Arabia aren't on this list. Countries where, you know, actual terrorists have come from. 

I don't throw this around a lot, but this move is racist and xenophobic. 

Shame on Trump. 

I think that the countries listed are countries with active terror recruitment facilities or camps...and places that the terrorists move through, no necessarily their country of origin.  Obama's administration are the ones that identified these countries based on CIA Intelligence - so, who knows.

18 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

First of all it is not a Muslim ban. It is a CITIZEN ban. It is based on the color of their passports not any religion they believe in. 

Donald Trump has already stated that he will fast track religious minorities (i.e. non Muslim) from those areas.