Trudeau invites refugees to Canada, taunts Trump

Argus

4 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Because it needed to be said and he should have said a lot more IMO.

And if he doesn't our opposition should soak up about it 

Really?  Why didn't/doesn't he tweet more about the murder of First Nations persons in Canada ?  

Is he more concerned about the travel plans for aliens going to the United States ?

41 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

what do you think we pay him for, to be the defender of the oppressed.....to feed the worlds starving, to wear a super frenchmen uniform with SF on the front  ....what do we pay him for.....is it to further the liberal cause....or further Canada's cause....and ensure we continue to prosper as a nation, not risk it all, so some liberals can stand up in the bar tomorrow and say we showed them US bastards.....and 3 days after that while eating there second plate of dirt, that morning  and having second thoughts about was it worth it..........

Well, judging by the state of affairs abroad you were obviously no good at so why not him?

Resisting tyranny is always worth it. I do think we used to get a bigger bang for our buck back in our grandparents day though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

What you are advocating does sound rather like appeasement, a prudent policy for a weak nation beside a belligerent one as long as we understand exactly what we are doing.  

You can call it all you want....i call it good leadership , not to taint any future meetings with a man who hold most of the cards in regards to NAFTA.....our largest trading partner....75 % of all our goods go to the US.....why would you risk losing any of that with a twitter remark, or comment.....you must see the logic in that....we have already seen the back lash caused when someone pissies him off....upsets him in some way, we already know his personality what he will do ....so with all that why risk that.....He is just getting started, at crossing off things he has promised off the list.....and he has said alot of them.....would it not be a better policy to sit back, silently and wait...What is retired gen Lesly advise him to do.....

8 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

You can call it all you want....i call it good leadership , not to taint any future meetings with a man who hold most of the cards in regards to NAFTA

He doesn't hold as many cards as he thinks, actually.  

Edited by Smallc

8 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Well, judging by the state of affairs abroad you were obviously no good at so why not him?

Resisting tyranny is always worth it. I do think we used to get a bigger bang for our buck back in our grandparents day though.

How would you know eyeball, you must of got cable up in that tree of your yours.....last time we talked you only got the local station, and re runs of gilligans island, or was it the beach combers can't remember....

you hav'nt resisted anything in your life....well except that constant urge to pee into the wind....

4 minutes ago, Smallc said:

He doesn't hold as many cars as he thinks, actually.  

You know what i might be wrong about this whole thing.....and you might be right, time will tell....but i would always error on the side of caution....we have seen this president in action.....and maybe he is all hot wind.....or maybe he strips the entire thing....and we pay through the nose for a mistake....

1 minute ago, Army Guy said:

You know what i might be wrong about this whole thing.....and you might be right, time will tell....but i would always error on the side of caution....we have seen this president in action.....and maybe he is all hot wind.....or maybe he strips the entire thing....and we pay through the nose for a mistake....

The US sends more finished product to Canada than we send them - in fact 35 states have Canada as their #1 export market.  There is also the fact that the FTA still exists, and would kick in were NAFTA to disappear.  I'm not all that worried about it.

53 minutes ago, Smallc said:

That's right, all of our interests.  Economic concerns are only part of that.

Economic interests are always sneered at by the Left as grubby and of little importance, but watch and economy take a nosedive and you watch people dying of suicide, of alcoholism, watch depression grow and families break up, and watch the lack of government funding for all those nifty social causes the Left loves so much disappear.

And whose interests was he serving in offering up Canada to the world of migrants and taunting Trump? Given no Canadian is excluded from the US by this order?

9 minutes ago, Smallc said:

The US sends more finished product to Canada than we send them - in fact 35 states have Canada as their #1 export market.  There is also the fact that the FTA still exists, and would kick in were NAFTA to disappear.  I'm not all that worried about it.

Uhm, you don't think he could cancel the FTA just as fast as he cancels the the NAFTA? And yes, Canada is their number one export market, but exports are not as important to them, and we are nowhere near as high a percentage of their export market as they are of ours.

3 minutes ago, Argus said:

Economic interests are always sneered at by the Left as grubby and of little importance

Who did that?

4 minutes ago, Argus said:

And whose interests was he serving in offering up Canada to the world of migrants and taunting Trump? Given no Canadian is excluded from the US by this order?

So, first who did that first thing?  Trudeau merely reiterated long standing government policy.

Second, who did that second thing?  There was no taunt.

Third, as has already been explained multiple times - there were many Canadians affected when he made the tweet.

Uhm, you don't think he could cancel the FTA just as fast as he cancels the the NAFTA? 

Why would he?  The USA and Canada have almost completely balanced trade.  He didn't mention us once.

And yes, Canada is their number one export market, but exports are not as important to them, and we are nowhere near as high a percentage of their export market as they are of ours.

We are a large market for those 35 states.  That there are 15 other states including California makes it look like we're less important than we are.  To those 35 states, we're a big deal.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Argus said:

Economic interests are always sneered at by the Left as grubby and of little importance, but watch and economy take a nosedive and you watch people dying of suicide, of alcoholism, watch depression grow and families break up, and watch the lack of government funding for all those nifty social causes the Left loves so much disappear.

Economic interests are always important - NAFTA was signed by a Liberal govt after all (don't know if that would qualify as 'Left'). The only question is how much one should give up for them. How much is too much? 

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

You can call it all you want....i call it good leadership , not to taint any future meetings with a man who hold most of the cards in regards to NAFTA.....our largest trading partner....75 % of all our goods go to the US.....why would you risk losing any of that with a twitter remark, or comment.....you must see the logic in that....we have already seen the back lash caused when someone pissies him off....upsets him in some way, we already know his personality what he will do ....so with all that why risk that.....He is just getting started, at crossing off things he has promised off the list.....and he has said alot of them.....would it not be a better policy to sit back, silently and wait...What is retired gen Lesly advise him to do.....

Why bother having a country at all, then? It does seem rather an elaborate waste of time and energy if we are just going to meekly agree with whatever some foreign psychopath yells at us. 

56 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Why bother having a country at all, then? It does seem rather an elaborate waste of time and energy if we are just going to meekly agree with whatever some foreign psychopath yells at us. 

we are all going to have to adjust, this is not a normal US Canada relations we are about to embark on.....but if you have watched him in c=action just on twitter, he can screw with people badly, add the full weight of the US presidency and you've got trouble......want to risk all that because you want to be right , over what exactly.....some people not allowed in the USof A.....pick your battles carefully......this is what retired Gen Lesly is telling trudeau relax think it over, pick your battles....

aside from the that fact what do we as a nation expect to win or gain by pissing off the US president....the worlds largest economy, military, largest everything.....what have we got again....we got new trucks for the army....

2 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

In this case, "psychopath" Trudeau is yelling at another country.   Trump's policies are for his country, not Canada.  

Another case of watching too much American television.

9 hours ago, Peter F said:

So Trumps a childish twit subject to all sorts of whims and idiot resentments. So we should endeavour to seriously sit down and try to get any deal we can with such a twerp?

Cut your nose to spite your face.  I wish Trudeau would do it. 

When Canadians start feeling the result  - when we all skydive - then we can get rid of him in the next election.  Trump, I bet will be more willing to negotiate with a Conservative PM (who hasn't been foolish enough to flap his lips like Trudeau).  Trump will get his 8 years.  Get used to that.

Don't tell me you're falling for the NDP's bs, goading Trudeau to "stand up" to Trump? 

It's all politics for the NDP, you know - they got nothing to lose!  If Trudeau loses his cool on this meeting  (which I think he will) - signs are already showing the cracks -  they know what will happen to the Liberals come next election.  That stupid tweet of empty promise, is a sign.  He's got the arrogance - and it gets the better of him (just like when he answered that English question in French).  He got manipulated by Biden (in his last visit)......and now, he's posturing like a peacock before the whole world. 

I bet Trudeau will get goaded, and say something stupid to Trump.

This meeting is something to really see. If I could only be a fly on the wall, so I'll know what really takes place in that meeting.

Edited by betsy

4 hours ago, eyeball said:

I did.

I say screw Argus' concerns if that's what it takes for Canada to show a backbone in the face of a grotesque bully.

Globalists, are the bully!    Trudeau is trying to be the "muscleman" for the bully!

A nation has every right to protect itself the way it sees fit.  It has the right to accept whom it wants to accept on its soil!

They're all trying to intimidate Trump to do as they say and scrap that ban -  a TEMPORARY ban, for crying out loud.  Even if it's a permanent ban - a nation has the right!

Btw, being a lackey to the UN isn't having a backbone.  He seems more like a "dignified puppet." :)

Edited by betsy

9 hours ago, Peter F said:

Yah, the presidents steps to block muslims from those middle-eastern countries really would have put the kibosh on Bissonnette shooting muslims in Quebec city. Lesson Learned!

That's what they want the public to think.

It's the media that has put the kibosh on people like Bissonnette. 

Trump is on every news channel every day! They all hang on to his words - and they sensationalize them! 

CBC and CTV even covered Spicer's White House daily briefing last week.  Since when do we lap up the White House daily briefing? :lol:

The media show and milk every mass killings - covering all vigils and endlessly talked about the horrible effect of the violence - which I'm sure brings multiple orgasms to the perpetrator!  They'd achieved what they want - notoriety!  Publicity!  Why do you think ISIS proudly declares, "that's our soldier that did all that!" 

With all that attention/publicity....of course the next terrorist/mass killer, would want to outdo what the previous one did!

It's the MEDIA!  They don't just simply report anymore - that's the 24-hour news channel for you.  They need to fill up all that air time.....so they go on, and on, and on.....milking for every drop.

Edited by betsy

7 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

You don't have to agree!  But you don't needlessly antagonize!

Trudeau has been sticking his nose (since Trump entered the primary race) to something that doesn't concern him.  He's letting partisanship (with him taking Obama's side), affect his judgement.

When you're going in for serious negotiations - especially something that will greatly affect your economy - you don't sour the atmosphere before the negotiations even begins!  That's just simple common sense!

Edited by betsy

Canada ought to stop getting all excited over nothing.

Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al-Nahyan, whose country is a close ally of Washington, said it was “wrong to say” that the decision by the new US administration was “directed against a particular religion.”

“The United States has made... a sovereign decision,” he said at a joint press conference with his Russian counterpart, Sergei Lavrov, pointing out that it was “provisional” and did not apply to “the large majority” of the world’s Muslims.

http://www.arabnews.com/node/1047486/middle-east

Edited by betsy

35 minutes ago, betsy said:

Canada ought to stop getting all excited over nothing.

http://www.arabnews.com/node/1047486/middle-east

Dear God, woman. If you're not on the list, you will say anything to stay off the list. The people in these countries deal with Trumps every day. They know how to massage inflated egos. 

Of course, the peninsular Arabs should be at the top, esp. KSA. Nobody has done more to spread jihadism across the world than they have.