Trudeau invites refugees to Canada, taunts Trump

Argus

2 hours ago, Smallc said:

Like I said, they expect better from the western world and the United States.

Why is it we only expect higher standards from the US, and not our own government/ people.....what ever happened to don't throw rocks if you live in a glass house.....That is the problem with all those up in arms right now.....Stop and think for once....This matter is for the US government and it's people to work out, but most Canadians just can't keep their mouths shut, got to say something, anything that separates me from them......"it does not concern us," and when it did it was an issue for a few people with dual papers....thousands out of 40 million ....enough to wage a war of words on right......because we need to be right as some of you have said...... what happened to you can't win all the wars, so choose your fights carefully.....only problem with Canadians is when it comes to the US they have to fight them all....because we are retards......

What do we know this guy.....he  does not like to be pushed or corrected, or anything...Our nation has yet to sit down with the president to discuss the major items like NAFTA, and the thousand other things that tie our nations together...we don't even know where he stands on Canada, do we....and yet we don't care, about trade, or any of it.....because we are the cock of the walk, and in down town ottawa that will get your ass pinched......any wheres else it will get you nothing.....not even a coffee....what we need during these times is leadership....not alot of ums or ya's, but leadership to show Canadians the way.....Has all the world leaders come out and said something.....No ....does that mean we should think any less of them for not coming out on twitter.....

21 hours ago, Argus said:

Well, not Somalia, but it's not actually a country.

You are a bit behind the times. Yes there was a period of a few decades while Somalia didn't have a central government, but that changed about 4 years ago. The Federal Republic of Somalia had a government that is recognize by the United Nations and several other international and multinational bodies, and has already established diplomatic relations with several countries. While Canada and the United States do not have embassies in Mogadishu, the United Kingdom does. Somalia has embassies in over 30 countries, including the United States.

1 hour ago, ?Impact said:

You are a bit behind the times. Yes there was a period of a few decades while Somalia didn't have a central government, but that changed about 4 years ago. The Federal Republic of Somalia had a government that is recognize by the United Nations and several other international and multinational bodies, and has already established diplomatic relations with several countries. While Canada and the United States do not have embassies in Mogadishu, the United Kingdom does. Somalia has embassies in over 30 countries, including the United States.

And the only reason its members can even stay alive is due to troops from other African nations. And I doubt its sway goes much beyond the capital, and certainly not to the far north.

Trudeau wants to meet with Trump.  It might happen as early as this week.

Here we go. Looks like Trudeau has reasons to want to meet with Trump, asap.  Maybe to do some damage control over his impulsive, reckless and senseless tweet?

The prime minister will have to convince Trump that Canada's decision to admit 40,000 Syrian refugees doesn't pose any security risk to the U.S.

That task took on far more importance on the weekend when Trump signed an executive order banning all citizens from Syria and six other predominantly Muslim countries from entering the U.S.

The decision created chaos for travellers and has been condemned by many around the world. On Saturday, Trudeau tweeted, "To those fleeing persecution, terror & war, Canadians will welcome you, regardless of your faith."

It was retweeted more than 420,000 times, the kind of activity that might very well have caught the eye of a U.S. president who uses Twitter to take on his critics and make policy announcements.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-trump-meeting-1.3958863

If his tweet will pose a problem with Trump, we'll see whose arms are going to get twisted in this meeting. 

I'm betting it won't be Trump's.

Edited by betsy

Furthermore, Trudeau's tweet......

......is an empty promise!

Trudeau can't possibly accept all those fleeing war, terror and persecution knocking on our door.....unless he actually plan to do so.

Is he mad?  Does he know how many millions there are that are wanting to flee persecution, war and terror?  Then he makes this open invitation!

What happens if the invitation is accepted, and we see an exodus of people all over the world - heading to Canada?   Trudeau has to take them all in!  That's stated in his invitation!

If he can't deliver........why make an empty promise, and give false hope?  

This is all for the sake of posturing!

Trudeau's invitation is downright cruel......

Edited by betsy

So the Liberals have apparently agreed to an NDP motion to hold an emergency debate in the House of Commons over this American policy, despite the fact it has no impact on Canada whatsoever. This will give our progressive politicians the opportunity to curse and insult Trump and his administration and make it known how much more noble and inclusive and wonderful they all are than the monster to the south.

I'm sure that will set the proper tone for when Trump meets Trudeau...

1 minute ago, blueblood said:

Maybe trump will sell him a copy of art of the deal...

Trump is more likely to tell Trudeau to spare him from Justin's usual BS about human rights and get to the real point(s) of the meeting.   No agenda or deals to be had...cancel the meeting, just like Mexico....Trump is a busy man with no time for selfies.  

Speaking of Mexico, Presidente Nieto and the Mexican press accuse Canada of throwing Mexico under el autobús.

There was a useful message going around one Twitter, which basically said that all (or at least most of us) have had the experience of sitting in history class and wondering what we would have done. The answer is that you would have done exactly what you are doing now. So congratulations, all of you that whined and complained about appeasement by the "Left" - congratulations, you have become the evil that you warned us against. You are the Quislings and the Vichy sentimentalists. I would call you the Chamberlains, but in his defence at least he did not have himself to refer back to. This forum is dominated by the collaborator class. I advise everyone of conscience to devote their time to more meaningful pursuits and company. 

8 minutes ago, Remiel said:

There was a useful message going around one Twitter, which basically said that all (or at least most of us) have had the experience of sitting in history class and wondering what we would have done. The answer is that you would have done exactly what you are doing now. So congratulations, all of you that whined and complained about appeasement by the "Left" - congratulations, you have become the evil that you warned us against. You are the Quislings and the Vichy sentimentalists. I would call you the Chamberlains, but in his defence at least he did not have himself to refer back to. This forum is dominated by the collaborator class. I advise everyone of conscience to devote their time to more meaningful pursuits and company. 

Hmmm. Let's see. Hitler put everyone who disagreed with him into concentration camps, along with Jews, Communists,Gypsies, Gays and other types he didn't like. He invaded one neighbor after another with his brutal blitzkrieg tactics that bombarded civilian cities.

Trump has put a 90 day ban on citizens of seven mostly failed states from entering the US while they adjust screening techniques.

Thanks for demonstrating how the progressive left has lost all sense of proportion or reality on this issue.

2 minutes ago, Argus said:

Thanks for demonstrating how the progressive left has lost all sense of proportion or reality on this issue.

Gee, I wonder if it OK for Trump to continue drone strikes, extrajudicial executions, and "illegal" spying, like Obama ?  

So many protests when Obama did those things...it was Yuuuuuge !

At yesterday's daily briefing at the White House, Sean Spicer talked about the conversation between Trump and Trudeau.  On the Quebec shooting......

"It's a terrible reminder why we must remain vigilant, and why the President is taking steps to be pro-active rather than reactive when it comes to our nation's safety and security"

OUCH!

Timer: 1:19

Edited by betsy

2 minutes ago, Smallc said:

That we welcome people regardless of their characteristics.

I sincerely hope not.  All immigrants must have some level of security screening.

Additionally to our own security, If we accept people without any security screening, our border with the US is going to slam shut in a big hurry.

2 minutes ago, overthere said:

I sincerely hope not.  All immigrants must have some level of security screening.

Characteristic - a feature or quality belonging typically to a person, place, or thing and serving to identify it.

You were thinking of character, which I didn't say.

9 minutes ago, Smallc said:
Characteristic - a feature or quality belonging typically to a person, place, or thing and serving to identify it.

You were thinking of character, which I didn't say.

No, I was thinking of a characteristic in an individual like a disposition to jihad, a record of same, ISIS membership, serious criminal offences- those are all characteristcis of an individual, features that can identify their suitability to be admitted to our country.

I know they don't matter to you, but they are reasonable screening characteristics.