Keystone XL to Go Forward, Per Trump

3 minutes ago, Smallc said:

Any other make believe fantasies you'd like to put forward?

BTW, the polls predicted the vote within 1%.  Trump didn't blow up anything.  He has used a lot of 'undemocratic' executive orders, though.

They're not undemocratic, presidents use them from time to time.  That's part of the responsibilities of a democratically elected president is to make decisions.  

7 hours ago, sharkman said:

Your paranoia is real, I'm a paid Trump campaigner myself, I've been dormant for 12 years.  

I was not talking about you.  Although, it is very possible that Trump's campaign who was shown to hire 100s of online trolls probably went looking for right lean people to go troll for him online.

I love how Obama hummed and hesitated for like 6 years on Keystone, and then Trump comes in on day two and blows up 6 years of hard hesitating.  

I can't help but wonder what the first meeting between these two was really like, right after Trump blew up the polling and won the election.  No doubt Obama presented the items he'd like to save, and Trump was like, how much does Obamacare cost per year again?  And why didn't you pass Keystone, it passed all the environmental studies, all you had to do was pay off the locals.  

Trump did not blow up the polling, he won states that were in the margin of error and he got the exact percent the polls predicted.  Keystone required further studies, plus Obama was being pressured by environmental lobby, and a bunch of other groups like red indians.  He claims millions of people voted illegally, and there is evidence russia tried to interfere with the election, in that case, he might have actually lost the election and won due to illegal Russian hacking or illegal voting.

You could tell Obama thought they had a gentleman's agreement, he was playing nice and talking about a smooth transition.  Then Trump started talking about blowing up Obamacare, and Obama started rattling his sabre(hah!) at the Russians for hacking when everyone knows they've been hacking for years.  Keystone, get used to it Obama.

If Obama was not nice, you'd complain, if Obama is nice, you complain, anything Obama did you'd cry about.  Obama was president, passed the laws he wanted in his 8 years and was a damn good president.  Trump can do alot of things over the next 2 years.  However, his executive orders can all be undone 4 years from now or 8 years from now, it is really what can he get through congress and the senate that matters, because those tend to be much much harder to overturn as easily.  If he cannot get those 60 votes, he isn't going to be able to effectively dismantle Obamacare and replace it.  With reconciliation they can probably put it on hold for 2 years or repeal it to some degree, but of course that can all be erased once dems retake the house and senate.

I see the urgency in the Trump side of the country because the nation is trending liberal and progressive on a whole.  Trump himself has said if he waited any longer, he wouldn't get elected, and he barely got elected at that.  In the last 25 years, only one presidential election has seen the Republican party candidate actually win a majority of the votes, they have lost the majority vote in the last 6 of 7 presidential elections and it gets worse every time. I can't blame Trump for acting as quickly as he did.  If I was him, I'd do the same, he recognizes that he is likely to be a 1 term president and his successor is likely to undo most of whatever damage he does to the nation.  3 years from now, Republicans won't have the senate or the house, you are going to have Obamacare restored.  Trump's legacy will simply be as a disrupter, who disrupted the long march to progress.  Things swing backwards like a pendulum in politics whenever real progress is made, like with Nixon, but the long arch tends to bend towards justice.

1 hour ago, Boges said:

Sell the Pipe to the people making one of those BC pipelines that JT approved. 

That might make the most sense, because after the recent pipeline approvals from Trudeau and now Keystone XL from Trump that makes an additional 1.8 million barrels/day capacity out of Alberta. I see the business case for EnergyEast drying up, so TCPL will not need the pipe.

1 hour ago, blueblood said:

They're not undemocratic, presidents use them from time to time.  That's part of the responsibilities of a democratically elected president is to make decisions.  

I don't think they are.  That's why I put the marks.  A lot of the people voting for him did.

1 hour ago, Smallc said:

Any other make believe fantasies you'd like to put forward?

BTW, the polls predicted the vote within 1%.  Trump didn't blow up anything.  He has used a lot of 'undemocratic' executive orders, though.

That's a good fantasy on the polling numbers.  The MSM was reporting that Obama was trying to convince Trump not to blow it up.  Not sure why you're so uninformed.

Just now, sharkman said:

That's a good fantasy on the polling numbers.

It's not fantasy, it's fact.

1 minute ago, sharkman said:

The MSM was reporting that Obama was trying to convince Trump not to blow it up.  Not sure why you're so uninformed.

So, you were there for the make believe conversation with Trump telling him what for, then?

Links of these polling facts showing the numbers were within 1%, if you can find any.  And don't bother if you're only going to cherry pick one poll, likte the LA one which was ridiculed by the MSM leading up to the election.

Edited by sharkman

I knew Trump would go after the pipeline and I think I told u all here before or during the election. Trump usually gets what he wants one way or another and he's a pro at this but I don't think he's going to cause too much friction between Canada and the US, we need each other and Trump is trying to lower the 22 Trillion debt.  Trump is getting done so many things he said he would do, I wonder if the media is going to have enough time to  go after what he is doing? Of course, there is still the women on the The View to help.

18 minutes ago, sharkman said:

Links of these polling facts showing the numbers were within 1%, if you can find any.  And don't bother if you're only going to cherry pick one poll, likte the LA one which was ridiculed by the MSM leading up to the election.

http://www.gallup.com/opinion/polling-matters/198155/national-polling-accurately-nails-popular-vote.aspx

The LA Times poll was wrong on the popular vote.

2 minutes ago, Topaz said:

Trump is getting done so many things he said he would do,

Singing a proclamation is not the same thing as getting something done. Lets wait and see if he actually accomplishes anything. Does unemployment go down, does the economy grow, does he lower the debt, do we have less violence/terrorism, does the balance of trade improve, etc. Real accomplishments and not photo-ops signing piece of paper.

16 minutes ago, cybercoma said:

Only when the other guy does it. But that's what happens when you have no principles and all you care about is "winning" rather than solving problems. And you know why they care about winning? Because the Environmental activists are trying to do exactly that. They're trying to secure their control over all of the wealth in America and the world for that matter. So they don't care about solutions to problems.

And that's the last eight years of executive order happy Obama in a nut shell.

Edited by sharkman

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 9:41 AM, cybercoma said:

By the bye, global warming is happening, it is caused by human activities, and it will be catastrophic is nothing is done. So you can whine about "environmentalists" all you want, but the science is behind them. Burying your head in the sand will not change what is happening to the environment

Science is behind global warming .... does anthropologic co2 add to it , the science says yes . Will man made co2 turn into climate catastrophe ??? The science is not so clear on this . Is there any way todays climate science can be discussed rationally ??

On 1/25/2017 at 0:01 AM, hernanday said:

No, he declared 6 bankruptcies in one shot back in the 1990s. I didn't even add all the ones that just went plain insolvent or were shut down due to lack of sales.

No, I just find it odd.  I mean, of all the countries to want to talk about, why would an American give a rats butt about canada enough to join a forum on it, very odd.

Also there has been a huge influx of Trump trolls, and paid trump campaign staffers trolling boards everywhere, in every country.

It is really obvious they are paid trolls too.  You had websites that were traditionally very liberal all of a sudden have 200, 300 conservatives infiltrate it over night all at the same time.  I seen it happen on another bilingual board, and it was very obvious because all of the trolls were on the English speaking side, but not a single pro trumper on the other side of the board (the language doesn't appear in google translate, so it would be very tough to translate).

Do you consider me to be a "paid Trump campaign staffer"? Keep in mind I've been a fairly steady, albeit intermittent poster since 2006. And my area newspapers carry quite a bit of Canadian news.