6 hours ago, August1991 said:

For months and months, many journalists/actors - even a US President, Barack Obama - told us that Donald Trump would never be President.

=====

And Cybercoma, you tell us about "lies".

You think a faulty prediction is a lie? I disagree. I think a lie is when someone says something he knows is wrong but says it anyway.

10 hours ago, eyeball said:

It'll take a military scale effort with tanks, armoured cars, special forces and aur support to accomplish what Trump's fantasy is implying when it comes to feds invading the cities to take on armed gangs and "criminal" immigrants.

It'll trigger an Intafada and turn millions of Americans into insurgent/terrorists/freedom fighters.

I'm getting a really big bag of popcorn.

What nonsense.  Rudy Giuliani cleaned up New York just fine without enacting any such thing.  What you have yet to realize is, Trump will float several ideas and say many things before revealing the actual course of action.  The constant knee jerk reaction to everything Trump says and does plays effectively into his, uh, plans.  I hope the popcorn is tasty.  I'd recommend popping it old school on the stove, the way grandma used to make it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

You think a faulty prediction is a lie? I disagree. I think a lie is when someone says something he knows is wrong but says it anyway.

You have to look deep beneath the surface to understand where we are heading. Donald J. Trump is the person who best manifests the post-industrial, technotronic (computer & robot) hyper-finance civilization we have created in America. He tapped into the Zeitgeist and angst wonderfully and that is why he is where he is.

That he is coarse, blunt and unexpurgated is just another reflection of the culture that produced him: TV is the pervasive social integrator nonpareil of all time. The president is a TV star, only now on the biggest stage imaginable. The future generation of adults, are mostly warehousing for youngsters teaching them God-knows-what: coherent thinking e.g. Logic or Rhetoric? the elements of Tweeting; strategic basketball playing; LBGTQ advanced placement courses?

How much TV per day do they watch?

Where Melville, Twain or Mencken are no longer read – too white, too male. Who’s got time to read anymore anyway?

Henry Mancini and Johnny Mercer are not the songwriting team of our time; Everyone’s “device” is loaded with the greatest hits of Pharrel, Rhinna and Katy Perry – how cool is that? Providing the “classical” background score to the spectacle: Madonna , Tupac and Slipknot

And how the machines now keep the American civilization rolling: the Wall Street money machine; the D.C. war machine; the Hollywood infotainment and bullshit machine….now A.I. will be directing those machines: if anything,THAT IS CRAZY!

I think ours is a collective guilt – so please don’t blame the messenger, the President of the U.S.A.

As to the disposition of the current state of the new administration: Will he be carted off of the stage on a gurney after collapsing with apoplexy? Will the Deep State use a big hook to force an exit stage right? Can a foreign power or rogue agent interrupt our programming for a special announcement? Yelling fire in a crowded theatre is always hazardous.

Stay tuned – it is the “real” daily show.

On 1/28/2017 at 8:16 AM, BubberMiley said:

A "faulty" prediction?

When Barack Obama said that Trump would never be President, he screwed up in the one thing that he is supposed to be good at: reading the American public. I'm reminded of Richard Nixon's admission: "I fouled up at the one thing I'm supposed to be good at: politics."

Nixon admitted his error; I think that Obama (and many other American so-called liberal political-types) are so clueless that they still don't understand how foolish they look.

16 minutes ago, August1991 said:

A "faulty" prediction?

When Barack Obama said that Trump would never be President, he screwed up in the one thing that he is supposed to be good at: reading the American public. I'm reminded of Richard Nixon's admission: "I fouled up at the one thing I'm supposed to be good at: politics."

Nixon admitted his error; I think that Obama (and many other American so-called liberal political-types) are so clueless that they still don't understand how foolish they look.

So a "foul-up" of political procrastination, not a "lie." Most people are able to understand the difference. I wouldn't say that makes you look foolish though.

21 hours ago, August1991 said:

I think that Obama (and many other American so-called liberal political-types) are so clueless that they still don't understand how foolish they look.

Bubbles seem to work both ways, in that Trump seems shocked that mainstream America is aghast as his ineptitude.  I suspect his bubble is just his family and employees.

On 1/23/2017 at 6:13 PM, hernanday said:

His supporters do not care if he lies.

He lied the entire campaign, it doesn't matter to them.

Liberals and progressives erroneously believe that they will just explain the facts to dumb uneducated rednecks and the rednecks will come around to their side.

Does not work.  These people are low income, low education, low impulse control for a reason.  They behave entirely emotionally, it is not about facts to them.  To capture them, you need to use emotions.

But lo and behold, they found out The Donald wasn't lying when he said he'll do what he's been doing now!  :)

• Like 1