Women to march against Trump.

33 minutes ago, Goddess said:

OK. I'm done with you.

The facts have been presented to you every time you screech about it, and you still refuse to even open the links.

When someone basically says, "I don't care what the facts say!!!  I'm going to stick to what I want to believe!!"......yeah, I'm done.

You got no facts!!!! 

How can you say you've got facts when abortion isn't even illegal yet?

How did you get the facts about something that didn't happen yet?  :lol:

We are both speculating....except that my speculations are based on logic!  There lies the difference between us!  My speculations make sense!

Edited by betsy

2 hours ago, betsy said:

GOD BLESS YOUR PRO-LIFE GOVERNMENT!

The American pro-life government, as you put it, doesn't reflect the opinions of all Americans.

• Nationwide 57% say abortion should be legal in all or most cases, while 39% say it should be illegal in all or most cases.
  •  Two-thirds of white evangelical Protestants (69%) think abortion should be illegal in all or most cases.
  •  Three-quarters of religiously unaffiliated Americans (78%) say abortion should be legal in all or most cases, 
  • Two-thirds of white mainline Protestants (67%) think it should be legal
  • Six-in-ten black Protestants think it should be legal
  • Catholics are somewhat more divided, with 54% who say abortion should be legal in all or most cases and 42% who say it should be illegal.

On 1/26/2017 at 0:59 PM, betsy said:

For the gullible sheeples who just automatically spit out what they read from pro-abortion sites, you wonder why PP is defunded?

These accusations have been proven to be not true:

Florida:

In July 2015, Florida Republican Gov. Rick Scott ordered a state investigation to see whether Planned Parenthood was "selling body parts:

• On Aug. 5, the agency investigating the clinics released its findings, saying that none of the state's Planned Parenthood sites had been selling tissue or body parts. 

Georgia:

• Republican Gov. Nathan Deal on July 16, 2015, asked the state's Departments of Community Health and Public Health to investigate whether Planned Parenthood was engaging in the "horrific practice" that the CMP's videos claimed to depict. On Aug. 13, the Department of Public Health reported that all five of the clinics had "proper procedures in place for burial or internment of [fetal] remains,

Indiana:

• In July 2015, Republican Gov. Mike Pence asked the state Department of Health to investigate the state's Planned Parenthood clinics, to see whether they were engaging in any sale of fetal tissue. Weeks later, the department said it had "concluded there was no evidence of this type of activity" at three Planned Parenthood facilities in the state,

Kansas

On July 21, 2015, Republican Gov. Sam Brownback asked his state's Board of Healing Arts "to address the issue of sale of tissue and organs from the unborn" at Planned Parenthood facilities. The board said it had "determined no further action would be taken at this time," per the Associated Press.

Massachusetts

• On July 17, 2015, Republican state Rep. James Lyons sent a letter to Democratic state Attorney General Maura Healey, asking her to launch an investigation into whether Planned Parenthood was participating in fetal tissue sales like those the CMP video purported to show.  On July 29, Healey responded in a statement that the state's Planned Parenthood sites were "fully compliant with state and federal laws regarding the disposition of fetal tissue" and were not participating in any fetal tissue donation, though it is legal in that state,

Many more states have launched their own investigations with similar results as above.  You can read more here.

• Like 1

Aftermath[edit]

The editorial board of The New York Times described CMP's actions as a "campaign of deception against Planned Parenthood", and wrote that the "video campaign is a dishonest attempt to make legal, voluntary and potentially lifesaving tissue donations appear nefarious and illegal". Supporters of Planned Parenthood have complained that the videos were "highly edited",[21][22] although the Center for Medical Progress has released unedited videos along with the much shorter edited versions.[23][24][25] Defending the release of the videos in the Washington Post, columnist Charles Krauthammer said "these revelations will have an effect on public perceptions . . . by throwing open the door to the backroom where that being [the developing infant in utero] is destroyed".[26]

Cecile Richards, the president of Planned Parenthood, "personally apologize[d] for the staff member's tone and statements", saying the videos were "unacceptable".[27] Dawn Laguens, executive vice president of PPFA, stated: "The latest [fifth] tape has at least 20 substantial and unexplained edits. Previous tapes released by this extremist group were 'heavily edited' in order to distort what was actually said. These videos are intended to shock and deceive the public."[21] In a letter to a Congressional committee, PPFA wrote: "A group of extremists who have intimidated women and doctors for years‍—‌in their agenda to ban abortion completely‍—‌are not 'documenting' misdeeds; they are trying to create them, quite unsuccessfully."[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_Parenthood_2015_undercover_videos_controversy

The smear campaign also resulted in a gunman killing 3 people at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs.

8 hours ago, betsy said:

What do you expect?

I'll be surprised if it ain't in every cover of mainstream magazines!

Yes, it's hard to ignore millions upon millions of women worldwide marching.

Meanwhile, the Pro-life march:   EventsDC said that 92 buses have obtained permits to park at RFK Stadium on Friday, compared with 450 buses that requested permits for Inauguration Day and 1,200 buses for the Women’s March. 

• Like 1

The numbers are in: marches held in more than 500 US cities were attended by at least 3.3 million people and political scientists say they think we may have just witnessed the largest day of demonstrations in American history.

https://usuncut.com/news/official-womens-march-attendance/

http://www.vox.com/2017/1/22/14350808/womens-marches-largest-demonstration-us-history-map

• Like 1

Planned Parenthood Services:

• 3% of it's services are abortions
  • 34% goes to contraception services
  • 42% for STD screening and treatment
  • Nearly 80% of patients had incomes at or below 150% of the federal poverty level

• An estimated 579,000 unintended pregnancies per year are prevented

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Planned Parenthood is for abortions....any garden variety health clinic or doctor can provide other services.

"Planned Parenthood receives some 52 million visits annually. It also provides services that screen for cancer and workers conduct routine checkups, for both men and women, although many men only use the provider to get tested for STIs. But it is abortions, which make up 3 percent of services, that draw the most controversy."

52 million visits is a lot for doctors and clinics to absorb.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Planned Parenthood is for abortions....any garden variety health clinic or doctor can provide other services.

Well, of course there's other places to get healthcare. What if you cant afford those other places?

I have lots of friends in the US who go to PP for Healthcare because that's what they can afford and they are darn grateful for it.

Planned Parenthood is located in many remote areas of the U.S.  When they are defunded, they will end up closing.  A lot of women will go without healthcare.

An example:  "In the remote western plains of Texas, the Midland-Odessa region is separated from the nearest major city by hours of open road. So when the Planned Parenthood clinic in Midland closed down in late 2013 – a casualty of legislative cuts that targeted Planned Parenthood directly – it served as an isolated experiment in what happens when the government defunds the largest women’s healthcare provider around."

“We are seeing a subsequent rise in STDs and a subsequent rise in unplanned pregnancies,” Austin said. He believes they could be linked. “And I’m sitting here going, ‘See? I told you so. This is what happens."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/17/planned-parenthood-congress-wisconsin-texas

Edited by WestCoastRunner
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

Well, of course there's other places to get healthcare. What if you cant afford those other places?

I have lots of friends in the US who go to PP for Healthcare because that's what they can afford and they are darn grateful for it.

CSFH in Canada uses the Planned Parenthood name and trademarks.  There is a Planned Parenthood in Toronto.

http://www.ppt.on.ca/

Why is this necessary if Canadians have state financed health care...even for abortions ?

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

CSFH in Canada uses the Planned Parenthood name and trademarks.  There is a Planned Parenthood in Toronto.

http://www.ppt.on.ca/

Why is this necessary if Canadians have state financed health care...even for abortions ?

Why do you have a problem with this?

3 minutes ago, WestCoastRunner said:

Why do you have a problem with this?

I don't have a problem with this...just pointing out the inconsistencies.   

Canadian women have "access to health care", so why Planned Parenthood  if not for easy breezy abortions ?

Call a doctor's office in Canada and ask for an abortion and see what happens.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

I don't have a problem with this...just pointing out the inconsistencies.   

Canadian women have "access to health care", so why Planned Parenthood  if not for easy breezy abortions ?

Call a doctor's office in Canada and ask for an abortion and see what happens.

Probably because they  provide reproduction services.

Just now, WestCoastRunner said:

Probably because they  provide reproduction services.

So they do not provide abortions ?    That sure seems odd. 

Why would women who seek routine medical procedures and contraception products need these special Planned Parenthood clinics ?

I think it is mainly because of abortion services.

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

So they do not provide abortions ?    That sure seems odd. 

Why would women who seek routine medical procedures and contraception products need these special Planned Parenthood clinics ?

I think it is mainly because of abortion services.

I'm sure  they do provide abortions.  Why would you question where and why women seek healthcare services.  That's very odd.  It's their choice.

• Like 1

Just now, WestCoastRunner said:

I'm sure  they do provide abortions.  Why would you question where and why women seek healthcare services.  That's very odd.  It's their choice.

Because it is inconsistent with health care delivery for the rest of the population.   Why is there a special, dedicated network of clinics that "specializes" in one procedure ?

Is this procedure not available from hospitals or clinics in the rest of Canada ?    If not, why not ?

Why do these networks of clinics solicit donations and other private funding if they are providing authorized procedures for the province/territory they live in?

Reader comments to this CBC Radio story about the Trudeau government joining other nations to make up for the USA's $600 million in foreign aid funding for "reproductive services" demonstrate strong disapproval by some Canadians for using their tax dollars to abort babies:

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-friday-edition-1.3955517/canada-to-increase-reproductive-health-funding-in-response-to-trump-decision-1.3955523

It also begs the question of why these nations are suddenly willing to pay more after letting the U.S. foot most of the bill for so many years.