Women to march against Trump.

4 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

Do you have data that supports your contention that women knowing that abortion is illegal will result in fewer unwanted pregnancies? I ask, because I know you just made that up.

Common sense!

I don't know about unwanted pregnancies.....but  Illegal abortion will result in fewer abortions! 

First of all, are doctors willing to put their license on the line?  Imagine if doctors performing abortions now will stop doing it?  That alone, will make abortions fewer.  There's also the factor that many women will think twice about taking the risk of having unprotected sex!

What do you think will happen if you decriminalize theft - you think it won't spike up? :lol:

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Goddess said:

You know she's a lesbian, right?

:rolleyes:

You holding her being a lesbian against her?  You're using her lesbianism to demonize her now?

See how hypocritical your comment sounds.......... coming from a feminist! Like I say, you guys aren't consistent!  That only proves this so-called March for women is nothing but a sham!

Edited by betsy
  • Downvote 1

Just now, betsy said:

You holding her being a lesbian against her?  You're using her lesbianism to demonize her now?

My daughter is gay, so......No.

But you are holding her up as a paragon of your values.

I was just wondering if you knew she was gay.  Cus I'm pretty sure you don't agree with that.

4 minutes ago, Goddess said:

My daughter is gay, so......No.

I was just wondering if you knew she was gay.  Cus I'm pretty sure you don't agree with that.

So why bring up her lesbianism?  Why does it matter to you if she's a lesbian? 

Lesbians don't get pregnant? You think she's the only lesbian who got pregnant? 

I know of a lesbian who got pregnant....

.........and I have gay friends who fathered children and are now married to women!  So, there!

Edited by betsy

8 minutes ago, betsy said:

GOD BLESS YOUR PRO-LIFE GOVERNMENT!

I wonder what the crowd size is. One metric we have empirical data on is the daily rides on the DC metro

1.1 million - Obama 2008 Inauguration

1 million - Recent women's march

782 thousand - Obama 2013 Inauguration

639 thousand - average weekday

570 thousand - Trump Inauguration (no date needed, there will only be one)

I wonder how many it will be today, note that the recent women's march was on a Saturday but today's march is a weekday so it will have that traffic as well.

Just now, betsy said:

So why nring up her lesbianism?  Why does it matter to you if she's a lesbian?

Lesbians don't get pregnant? You think she's the only lesbian who got pregnant? 

There's that reading comprehension problem again....

I'm just curious why you hold her up as a paragon of Christian virtue on one area.

7 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Why not?  She realized the value of life.  She'd confessed to that mistake.   She became a Christian. 

Btw.....

Do you know if she's a practicing lesbian?

Edited by betsy

4 hours ago, cybercoma said:

...My suggestion? Don't even bother discussing it with her. You're never going to find common ground. You're never going to reason with her. She has such a fundamentally skewed worldview that she will never acknowledge these policies are the direct cause of more suffering. Her and the other conservative Christians don't care about reducing abortion, they care only about absolving their own consciences.

Ummmm...no.  It is a commonly held view by a significant portion of the population including women.   Abortion funding has always been contentious and subject to restrictions, even in Canada.   Funding abortions in other nations raises all kinds of ethical and moral issues for governments and taxpayers alike.  Lastly, there are doctors who refuse to even consider being abortionists or profit from such a practice.  So no, it is not as simple-minded as you have described.

10 minutes ago, Goddess said:

There's that reading comprehension problem again....

I'm just curious why you hold her up as a paragon of Christian virtue on one area.

I just told you why.  Christians know Christ came to the world to save sinners.  We're all sinners.

And I'm asking you again.....

Do you know if she's a practicing lesbian?

Edited by betsy

15 minutes ago, Goddess said:

You keep saying this, but no proof.

And you have thus far refused to even look at all the links that show this is false.

Common sense.  

Answer these:

1. if doctors who perform abortion today will stop performing abortion - what do you think will happen?  More or fewer abortions?

2. If legal abortion isn't available, and the only abortion you could get is thru underground abortion butcher clinics - what do you think will happen?  More or fewer women will have unprotected sex?

14 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Why would it matter? 

Of course it matters.  You're placing a judgement on her lifestyle.  That would be like you bringing up someone who was a drug addict - but actually had recovered from it. 

You're stigmatizing her thru her lifestyle.

If you're bringing up her lesbianism as something you think a Christian like me will demonize her for.....look at yourself in the mirror.  You're demonizing her in a sneaky way - making it look like I would, because of my religion!   Well, I don't.  Whatever sins we commit is not for men to judge.

But I do uphold her for admitting publicly to her mistake - and in trying to rectify the outcome of that!

You're ignorant of Christianity.  You're most likely ignorant about her private life too.

Either you're gay or you're not.

Wrong!  That's another ignorant response from you.

Some people are confused about their sexuality.  Some think they're gay....but later on, they realize they're not.

Edited by betsy

Just now, betsy said:

Common sense.  

Answer these:

1. if doctors who perform abortion today will stop performing abortion - what do you think will happen?  More or fewer abortions?

2. If legal abortion isn't available, and the only abortion you could get is thru underground abortion butcher clinics - what do you think will happen?  More or fewer women will have unprotected sex?

Well, you answered #1 yourself in the first sentence of #2.......

I'm going to go with the facts on this one, Betsy and leave you alone with your.......errr.......ummmm........."common sense" which seems to override facts and data.

5 minutes ago, betsy said:

More women will suffer from infections and other injuries, and more will die.

14 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Well, you answered #1 yourself in the first sentence of #2.......

I'm going to go with the facts on this one, Betsy and leave you alone with your.......errr.......ummmm........."common sense" which seems to override facts and data.

What?  You think underground butchers will be so many?  :lol:

When they start finding butchered women in back alleys, because of botched abortion.....we'll see how many brave women will be willing to take the risk of being unprotected, just for the sake of having sex!  

Btw, do you smoke?

Edited by betsy

5 minutes ago, Goddess said:

You can disagree with the facts all you want, Betsy.

You can scream it, bold it, enlarge the letters and make them red.

It doesn't change the facts.

What facts do you have?   :lol:

What you've got are warped speculations borne out of a twisted and evil ideology! 

You don't even have anything logical to back it up!

You. Don't. Have. Facts.

Edited by betsy

Just now, betsy said:

What facts do you have?   What you've got are warped speculations borne out of a twisted and evil ideology!  You have nothing logical to back it up!

OK. I'm done with you.

The facts have been presented to you every time you screech about it, and you still refuse to even open the links.

When someone basically says, "I don't care what the facts say!!!  I'm going to stick to what I want to believe!!"......yeah, I'm done.