Women to march against Trump.

Just now, Goddess said:

I wasn't talking globally, but I understand your point.

There's a few things I'd rather not fund with our healthcare dollars either, but......

As a male, I'm for abortions for medical reasons. However, as a form of birth control, I would have to call that murder. Especially seeing how effective birth control has gotten since the 1960s.

I'm also curious, when is a fetus considered a human being?

2 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

As a male, I'm for abortions for medical reasons. However, as a form of birth control, I would have to call that murder. Especially seeing how effective birth control has gotten since the 1960s.

I'm also curious, when is a fetus considered a human being?

An abortionist won't call it a baby, because then it's too real. Babies don't get aborted - only fetuses. 

3 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I've only ever had one wisdom tooth pulled.  Never experienced an abortion.  How did it go for you?

Well, i'm glad you asked.  I've never had an abortion either, so that puts us on even ground.  

But, I've watched and listened for many years and along with your rape and incest scenarios, let me give some real world reasons why women get a lot of abortions; don't want to tell parents about pregnancy, don't want stigma attached with being pregnant (sex is liberating, but single motherhood makes me a slut), stretch marks/getting fat, and one night stand gone wrong, don't want to attached to that loser she slept with.  I know, stats probably say that every girl is worried about her inability to parent or how it will affect their education, but I've never met someone who had an abortion not mention at least one of these factors. 

Just now, Hal 9000 said:

Well, i'm glad you asked.  I've never had an abortion either, so that puts us on even ground.  

But, I've watched and listened for many years and along with your rape and incest scenarios, let me give some real world reasons why women get a lot of abortions; don't want to tell parents about pregnancy, don't want stigma attached with being pregnant (sex is liberating, but single motherhood makes me a slut), stretch marks/getting fat, and one night stand gone wrong, don't want to attached to that loser she slept with.  I know, stats probably say that every girl is worried about her inability to parent or how it will affect their education, but I've never met someone who had an abortion not mention at least one of these factors. 

Just for the record, I'm not pro-abortion for any old reason.  

I'm just pro-choice.  Let people make their own decisions in that regard.

I have a lot of concern for the psychological effects, which I don't think are often addressed or sometimes considered.

Just now, Goddess said:

Just for the record, I'm not pro-abortion for any old reason.  

I'm just pro-choice.  Let people make their own decisions in that regard.

I have a lot of concern for the psychological effects, which I don't think are often addressed or sometimes considered.

I fully agree with you there.  I think that's another thing that pro-abortionists overlook in their liberation of women.  In addition, I'd say many young girls have regrets for their decision to abort.  I don't know what Planned Parenthood does to council these girls - maybe someone else knows.

6 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

I fully agree with you there.  I think that's another thing that pro-abortionists overlook in their liberation of women.  In addition, I'd say many young girls have regrets for their decision to abort.  I don't know what Planned Parenthood does to council these girls - maybe someone else knows.

The doc I worked for referred our 2 patients for counselling - obviously the one because it was a rape.  The other struggled with the decision and suffered for it.  She kept apologizing to us and I finally told her, "Sweetie, I'm not here to judge you.  I'm just here to help you get through this."

19 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Abstinence is pretty much 100% guaranteed.

To fail.

5 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Many women view abortion as birth control.   That's why they have multiple abortions.

That is because better methods of birth control are kept from them, including through ignorance. 

20 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

"March for Life 2017" will be held on Friday 1/27 in Washington D.C.   This is a large rally to protest abortion that has been running for over 40 years.  

Let's see how much media attention it gets. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/March_for_Life_(Washington,_D.C.)

The attention it will get will be that it was smaller than the women's march.  

For the gullible sheeples who just automatically spit out what they read from pro-abortion sites, you wonder why PP is defunded?

The Truth about Planned Parenthood

But this latest news about the defunding effort comes just one day after the House Select Panel on Infant Lives released its final report, revealing in damning detail the immense amount of illegal activity Planned Parenthood carried out in order to profit further from its abortion business and the remains of aborted children.

Here are four of the most alarming pieces of evidence from the report:

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/443607/planned-parenthood-house-report-revelations

6 hours ago, cybercoma said:

Abortion is birth control.

See statements like that mean what? Whenever people get into the issue of abortion they make generalizations.

Abortion means many things.  

It often is the act of taking a fetus the size of a pin-head if that, and expelling it from the body.

Anti-abortionists turn the fetus into a living human and feel its being murdered.

As a general rule legal abortions of  a fetus are done within the first eight weeks when its a tiny cell.

Now women ranging from the age of 7 to 60 have abortions at many stages of the fetal development for many reasons.

Often its not for birth control at all. It is because they have complications threatening their life or the pregnancy came about from rape or incest.

So to generalize them all with the motive of controlling or avoiding birth is nonsense.

Its birth control if the person who engages in it as a motive, just doesn't want a child.

What you think it means or is done for is immaterial.

Some of us believe what a woman does with her body is her business and the business of herself, with the guidance of her doctor and those loved ones she t rusts hopefully the male who impregnated her when possible.

Abortion should be ideally a last option when the chooser feels they have no other options or have thoroughly reviewed all options.

Yes it could be for some, abortion is caused by a negative attitude towards life.

However you and I do not know. Its the decision and private affair of the woman and her doctor to know and decide that.

In China with the one baby policy your comment would be more likely to be accurate.

I have worked in the courts with incest rape victims, and rape victims and rapists.

There was a time and there still is, I believe that life is precious and sex and babies are a topic many just don't take care with.

However I learned long ago that assuming I could judge people and know why they do or did what they do or did was b.s.

I will tell you this as well- some fetuses are so horribly deformed that the reason for abortion is compassion not what you say.

When you see a child born without a brain, or with severe deformities and you realize it could have been painlessly prevented its not an easy decision.

A mother of three whose life is threatened by a pregnancy and does not want to leave her other children motherless has tough decisions to make.

I would hope anyone faced with the issue can get calm, non emotional, advice that helps them explore all options and does not judge them.

Ultimately I believe its a private matter of the woman and her body and if she lacks capacity, with the help of caring non judgemental people.

Now its a tough issue and I believe Trump doesn't have the linguistic and communication abilities to discuss it without offending.

He's a crude, privileged individual who was not brought up to be aware of the emotions of others. Its why he does not open the door for his wife and why he is ignorant of others. He's a rich boy brought up in a world where emotions were never recognized and he grew up in an environment where no one said no to him and simply served his basic needs but never acknowledged his emotions.

He's not someone who will inspire women. He's a narcissist. He's abusive. He's a bully. So he has triggered basic sensibilities in many women if for no other reason he is a rude prick lacking in manners and grace.

This abortion issue is the tip of the iceberg for Trump. He's missing the ability to sense other peoples' emotions.  On such issues he will not do well.

Now here is a positive development...instead of bitching and whining about the loss of U.S. funding, start paying lots more for causes Canada and other nations believe in.

We'll see just how much Canadians care about funding third world abortions.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-netherlands-trump-abortion-1.3954065

As has always been the case, the right wing redneck religious freaks who stand up to deny a woman her right to governance over her own body, and want to force her into an unplanned, unwanted pregnancy, are the first ones to fail to offer her any assistance after the fact. And so we will head down the path once again that will produce seriously health compromised, or even dead mothers along with unwanted fetuses. One step ahead and how many back?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Omni said:

As has always been the case, the right wing redneck religious freaks who stand up to deny a woman her right to governance over her own body,

If abortion supporters want to really help out, start paying for it.  Stop relying so much on "redneck" taxpayers in the United States.  

6 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

If abortion supporters want to really help out, start paying for it.  Stop relying so much on "redneck" taxpayers in the United States.  

And so would you also take funding away from people who eat Mcdonalds burgers everyday, smoke a pack a day, drimk lots of beer and them have a heart attack?  Who would you allow funding?

• Like 1