Women to march against Trump.

22 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Exactly...so if the Muslim Brotherhood has their dirty mitts in there you'd never know...or care.

The Muslim Brotherhood supporting a walk for women's rights?  Wow, I never knew they were so progressive!  

But why do you object.to women's rights marches??

4 minutes ago, dialamah said:

The Muslim Brotherhood supporting a walk for women's rights?  Wow, I never knew they were so progressive!  

But why do you object.to women's rights marches??

I don't. I object to the Muslim Brotherhood. Designated a terrorist group in many countries...not the USA.

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

I don't. I object to the Muslim Brotherhood. Designated a terrorist group in many countries...not the USA.

Well if they are supporting women's marches, as you've implied, perhaps they've seen the error of their ways.

Anyway, I suspect this might be getting too far off-topic, but nice chatting.  Ciao.

1 minute ago, dialamah said:

Well if they are supporting women's marches, as you've implied, perhaps they've seen the error of their ways.

Anyway, I suspect this might be getting too far off-topic, but nice chatting.  Ciao.

Why? Linda Sarsour is one of the lovely co-organizers of the Pussy Hat March as you say. A Muslim Brotherhood operative and Hamas supporter. Ask her what she thinks of Jews...

43 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

???? So now anyone who presents a different view backed up by data is the "Taliban" ?

How many women seeking abortions as birth control...multiple abortions...is enough to qualify as "many" ?

According to the World Health Organization, there are 40 to 50 million abortions each year...about 125,000 per day.

If far less women were being murdered each year, I bet protesters would say "many women".

You're rolling 2 different trains of thought into one.  It doesn't say how many of those 125,000 are "multiple" abortions.  You've concluded on your own that "many" of them are and that "many" women use abortion as a birth control method.

So let's go with 125,000/day.

1.  You realize these were not immaculate conceptions, right?  That means there are 125,000 men involved here too.

2.  125,000 is just a number - I'm interested in the actual 125,000 women.  What are their stories?  Of the 2 abortions I arranged at the Clinic, 1 was for a young woman who had been date-raped and the other was for a single mother of 3 whose boyfriend buggered off to Quebec when he found out she was expecting, so he didn't have to pay child support.  Both of these women were faced with heart-wrenching decisions, and I know they were not just decided on a whim - there were likely many tears and aftermath.  I suspect there are more women in those kinds of situations, than there are women using abortions as a birth control method.

3.  You can judge and label these women anything you want, but I would also have a few choice labels and judgments for the men involved.

How does banning abortion help these women?

When are you privileged women of America and Canada marching for Muslim women who - unlike the men who are guilty along with them - are being stoned for adultery?

When are you privileged women of America and Canada marching for Muslim women, who are being blamed for getting raped?

When are you privileged women of America and Canada marching for women who are being gang-raped in India?

Domestic violence?  Sexual assaults where perpetrator - thanks to your mindless liberalism - hardly get the sentence that befits their crime? 

If you don't want to get mocked, ridiculed and laughed at, for your stupidity - fight for something that truly matters!  Hypocritical airheads!  You only make it harder for women to be taken seriously. You make me sick.

Edited by betsy

2 minutes ago, betsy said:

When are you privileged women of America and Canada marching for Muslim women who - unlike the men who are guilty along with them - are being stoned for adultery?

When are you privileged women of America and Canada marching for Muslim women, who are being blamed for getting raped?

When are you privileged women of America and Canada marching for women who are being gang-raped in India?

Domestic violence?  Sexual assaults where perpetrator - thanks to your mindless liberalism - hardly get the sentence that befits their crime? 

If you don't want to get mocked, ridiculed and laughed at, for your stupidity - fight for something that truly matters!  Hypocritical airheads.  You make me sick.

You are certainly having some serious issues with reading comprehension.

betsy.JPG

You people are assigning first world western ideology to a large group of women who have no concept of what they're being taught, who have no (or very little) control of their sex lives, who have no education, and are living an existence not far from the stone age and many are prostituting themselves just to eat a meal or stay alive and you think the answer is to educate women on their choices?  Not to mention the HIV that's out of control.  

To Betsy's point, we can't even deal with this issue properly in our "progressive" country, just have a look at some of our poorer communities and First Nations reserves.  

Sorry to say, but Madonna, Whoopi and Ashley Judd's weird performances and all the pussy hats worn by middle aged women are not going to help this problem - not one iota.  

27 minutes ago, Goddess said:

3.  You can judge and label these women anything you want, but I would also have a few choice labels and judgments for the men involved.

How does banning abortion help these women?

I have not proposed that all abortions be banned, just that U.S. taxpayers should not be paying for them, especially in other nations.  All kinds of problems with that.  Marching in Washington does not change the numbers of abortions by many women....it encourages more of them.

My argument above with numbers is one of data, logic, and deduction, not emotion.   Any women who has multiple abortions clearly is at ease with doing so, IMHO.

The Netherlands is organizing fund raising to make up for the U.S. decision...so what took so long ?   Let America pay for it, right ?

9 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

Sorry to say, but Madonna, Whoopi and Ashley Judd's weird performances and all the pussy hats worn by middle aged women are not going to help this problem - not one iota.  

...and Mz Handler...arch-weirdo...advocate of bullying and belittling immigrant women.

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

I have not proposed that all abortions be banned,

OK. It seemed that's what you were proposing. My apologies for misunderstanding.

just that U.S. taxpayers should not be paying for them, especially in other nations.

While it's nice when the US takes the lead in helping underdeveloped nations, etc.....I understand your argument here.  The US is certainly not obligated to fund anything in any other countries.

Maybe stick to that line of argument, instead of the other.  ;)

I do appreciate your "American perspective" on things and enjoy reading your posts. 

10 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

My argument above with numbers is one of data, logic, and deduction, not emotion.   Any women who has multiple abortions clearly is at ease with doing so, IMHO.

I really do think those women are rare.

For "many" women - abortion is an angonizingly gut-wrenching decision.  It is a very emotionally charged issue and the numbers, data and deduction do not reflect that there are real, actual people behind those numbers.

For that reason, I believe it is a decision best left to the individual women and their doctors.

Edited by Goddess

35 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I really do think those women are rare.

For "many" women - abortion is an angonizingly gut-wrenching decision.  It is a very emotionally charged issue and the numbers, data and deduction do not reflect that there are real, actual people behind those numbers.

For that reason, I believe it is a decision best left to the individual women and their doctors.

That's swell, but there are still many women who consider abortion to be birth control.  For the very reasons you cite, it is also a reproductive and mental health issue for women after having abortion(s).   Real people should pay for their real abortions, not taxpayers.

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

That's swell, but there are still many women who consider abortion to be birth control.  For the very reasons you cite, it is also a reproductive and mental health issue for women after having abortion(s).   Real people should pay for their real abortions, not taxpayers.

I'd rather help pay for all of them, than deny rape victims, incest victims, women whose men have abandoned the family the availability and cost.

But then, I'm Canadian.  :)

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

.....women whose men have abandoned the family the availability and cost.

What happened to women being responsible for themselves....you know....feminism.   The unborn have to die because a women lost her man ?

Can't have it both ways.....

3 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I'd rather help pay for all of them, than deny rape victims, incest victims, women whose men have abandoned the family the availability and cost.

I'm Canadian and I'd rather NOT fund abortions globally...thanks.

6 minutes ago, Goddess said:

You think there are 100,000+ abortions a day because of rape, incest and losing their man?