Women to march against Trump.

24 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Thanks to leftists, we've reached the absurd situation where Canadian tax money is used to house, clothe and feed refugees from another country, while poverty, yes even childhood poverty, continues to rise at home.

Thanks to those who self identify as non-leftists, this situation has been allowed to develop. Decades of cuts to social programs have caused this problem.

1 hour ago, ?Impact said:

We all benefit from the economy, and taxes are the means in which that economy is managed.

We don't when it's managed poorly.  The ussr and Venezuela learned that the hard way

You are welcome to move to Somalia and live in an environment with lax regulation and deal with trying to build a stable business there.

The Venezuelans tried that schtick with their rich people and it blew up in their face.  Tax rich people too much and they leave.  Hence the popularity of bali, Cayman Islands, Bermuda, Bahamas.

If you want the stability and growth opportunities that Canada provides, then participating in the system that builds and maintains them is essential. Yes that system is flawed, please put your name forward to try and win support and fix those flaws.

there already is a lot of people putting their name forward looking to take an axe to unnecessary spending...

3 hours ago, taxme said:

Most Canadian women do and say some dumb things when they try to get involved in politics. They get their priorities all wrong in many cases.

You kind of demonstrated your absolute bias with that little rant. I can certainly see where your support for Trump comes from.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, blueblood said:

ax rich people too much and they leave.

The rich people are good at coming up with excuses why they should pay the lowest taxes of all. Tax rates are completely, 100% meaningless. The byzantine tax code is designed by rich people (through their lawyers) to benefit them, and put the tax burden on the rest of us.

2 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Thanks to those who self identify as non-leftists, this situation has been allowed to develop. Decades of cuts to social programs have caused this problem.

Poppycock. Meanwhile the Ontario liberals are cutting like mad whores. But it's just nurses jobs, school funding and childrens aid society. When Liberals make cuts, they go after ordinary hard working Canadians.

4 hours ago, WestCoastRunner said:

Trump and his men signing away women's reproductive rights. 

IMG_0001.JPG

Defending and protecting the most vulnerable of all.  Trump upholds and protects the right of the unborn!  

Bravo!  God bless you!!!!

By the way he's tackling his agenda.....I pray that he ends up with 8 years in office, followed by another 8 with Pence!  I hope they secure whatever they put in place that it'll be next to impossible to challenge and repeal in the future! 

And since the same values and principles are usually learned from parents, I hope another Trump comes up after Pence! Ivanka! That's the kind of woman we want for a role model!  She'll be the first female President of the USA!  There's no one else worthy at this time.

Edited by betsy

15 hours ago, Hal 9000 said:

Women can go to many places for their birth control and medical care, how about a clinic - they don't need to go to Planned Parenthood.

Yes, but those clinics around the world that provide abortions will be cut funding, and will thus reduce their ability to provide those services.  With the net result of more unwanted pregnancies and MORE abortions. 

5 hours ago, betsy said:

Defending and protecting the most vulnerable of all.  Trump upholds and protects the right of the unborn!  

The number of abortions being performed when this rule has been reinstated has not been reduced.  The only thing Trump has done (and most likely to get back at the women marchers) is to endanger women's health, the healthy economy of third world countries, young girls raising unwanted children instead of receiving an education, the spread of HIV/AIDS, and deaths from back alley abortions.

"There is no evidence that the global gag rule reduces abortion, according to Wendy Turnbull, PAI senior advisor. Instead, loss of funding from this punitive regulation eliminates access to contraceptives for more than 225 million women globally, greatly increasing the need for abortion. It also increases pregnancy-related deaths by about 289,000. How is that “pro-life?”

http://www.forbes.com/sites/judystone/2017/01/25/trump-is-hell-bent-on-punishing-women-with-yuge-global-gag-rule/#6c6795e550ab

1 minute ago, WestCoastRunner said:

The number of abortions being performed when this rule has been reinstated has not been reduced.  The only thing Trump has done (and most likely to get back at the women marchers) is to endanger women's health, the healthy economy of third world countries, young girls raising unwanted children instead of receiving an education, the spread of HIV/AIDS, and deaths from back alley abortions.

Tough bounce...let those who want to fund third world abortions pay for them.   Not the USA's responsibility.

30 minutes ago, WestCoastRunner said:

"There is no evidence that the global gag rule reduces abortion, according to Wendy Turnbull, PAI senior advisor. Instead, loss of funding from this punitive regulation eliminates access to contraceptives for more than 225 million women globally, greatly increasing the need for abortion. It also increases pregnancy-related deaths by about 289,000. How is that “pro-life?”

http://www.forbes.com/sites/judystone/2017/01/25/trump-is-hell-bent-on-punishing-women-with-yuge-global-gag-rule/#6c6795e550ab

I don't care.  All I care about is for abortion to become illegal! 

Murder shouldn't be made legal!  Period.

Edited by betsy

2 minutes ago, betsy said:

Why don't you care about embryos from IVF clinics?

"The disparity between how the law treats abortion patients and IVF patients reveals an ugly truth about abortion restrictions: that they are often less about protecting life than about controlling women’s bodies. Both IVF and abortion involve the destruction of fertilized eggs that could potentially develop into people. But only abortion concerns women who have had sex that they don’t want to lead to childbirth. Abortion restrictions use unwanted pregnancy as a punishment for “irresponsible sex” and remind women of the consequences of being unchaste: If you didn’t want to endure a mandatory vaginal ultrasound , you shouldn’t have had sex in the first place ."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/fertility-clinics-destroy-embryos-all-the-time-why-arent-conservatives-after-them/2015/08/13/be06e852-4128-11e5-8e7d-9c033e6745d8_story.html?utm_term=.8c1dd0ccc158

14 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Thanks to leftists, we've reached the absurd situation where Canadian tax money is used to house, clothe and feed refugees from another country, while poverty, yes even childhood poverty, continues to rise at home.

TORONTO -- A new report says Toronto has the highest percentage of children living in poverty of any large city in Canada. The report, titled "Divided City: Life in Canada's Child Poverty Capital," says 133,000 children in Toronto -- 27 per cent -- were living in low-income families in 2014, the year the data was collected.

A coalition of groups including the Children's Aid Society of Toronto issued the report as the city weighs up to $600 million in cuts to programs and services such as community housing, transit and student nutrition.

Link

I guess the Canadian women who marched against Trump are unaware of this.

I am not sure myself as to whether most Canadian women are aware of this. I will assume that most probably don't really care. Otherwise why waste their time on a march that will go nowhere. With so many issues to deal with these marchers have their priorities all wrong. I have to wonder as to how many of those children  living in poverty are recent new immigrants and refugees. I just do not trust politicians anymore. Personally, I will go as far as to blame politicians for the rise of poverty in Canada. Most politicians have their own programs and agendas that they want to get thru, and it would appear as though those programs and agendas do not include the tax paying Canadians in mind. My opinion.

3 hours ago, betsy said:

Unethical people like H. Morgantaler aborted thousands of unborn fetus, and he made millions doing it. There is lots of money to be made for doctors doing abortions. Sad. 

14 hours ago, ?Impact said:

Dump bilingualism, multiculturalism, foreign-aid, no more refugees as starters can save the government(taxpayers)billions which can go to Canadians who really need help. I am fed up trying to help the rest of the world with my tax dollars. We have done enough for the past several decades to try and help the rest of the world, and it must stop now. There is nothing anyone can do any longer to try and appear as though we really do care. It is the leftists that are the problem. They like to spend other peoples money. I say No more. 

5 minutes ago, taxme said:

Dump bilingualism, multiculturalism, foreign-aid, no more refugees as starters can save the government(taxpayers)billions

We are a bilingual country, should we send all the English to the gas chambers? Despite the inflated rhetoric you hear from the likes of the Fraser Institute, bilingualism is not a big cost burden unless you want to kill off half the population. What exactly do you think multiculturalism costs? Save a few bucks from getting rid of the St. Paddy's day parade? Yes, refugees are a financial cost but we also have obligations. We could save a thousand times more by not sending our aircraft to bomb foreign countries and then we would also not have the follow-on refugees. 

3 hours ago, WestCoastRunner said:

Why don't you care about embryos from IVF clinics?

"The disparity between how the law treats abortion patients and IVF patients reveals an ugly truth about abortion restrictions: that they are often less about protecting life than about controlling women’s bodies. Both IVF and abortion involve the destruction of fertilized eggs that could potentially develop into people. But only abortion concerns women who have had sex that they don’t want to lead to childbirth. Abortion restrictions use unwanted pregnancy as a punishment for “irresponsible sex” and remind women of the consequences of being unchaste: If you didn’t want to endure a mandatory vaginal ultrasound , you shouldn’t have had sex in the first place ."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/fertility-clinics-destroy-embryos-all-the-time-why-arent-conservatives-after-them/2015/08/13/be06e852-4128-11e5-8e7d-9c033e6745d8_story.html?utm_term=.8c1dd0ccc158

Of course I do.

If it's illegal to perform abortion, would there be many embryos?  I don't know.  But just vbcause we can't save them all doesn't mean we should just say, "if we can't lick 'em, join them!"

Any step taken to save the unborn, is a small victory.  They are loved.

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

That is not your decision to make.

That is between a woman and her doctor.

Not in Trump's world!

Two people conspiring to snuff a human being.  What's this?  Something like Bernardo-Homolka team?  It's just plain evil!

Edited by betsy

2 hours ago, Omni said:

So you don't give a s***t about women having to turn to the back alley abortion clinics then ? Way to go!

Women had their choice. 

Life is an endless series of choices.  Every action has its consequence.  If only women can try to hold on to that thought - there wouldn't be many abortions, and repeat-abortions!

The unborn was never given any choice.

Edited by betsy

1 minute ago, betsy said:

Of course I do.

If it's illegal to perform abortion, would there be many embryos?  I don't know.  But just vbcause we can't save them all doesn't mean we should just say, "if we can't lick 'em, join them!"

Any step taken to save the unborn, is a small victory.  They are loved.

The demand for abortions will never go away and when women have to resort to back alley abortions, many  will die.  If a woman is allowed an abortion only if her life is at risk, it makes complete sense to offer a safe abortion by request.  Do you not think a woman's life should be saved before an embryo?

The follow stats from the WHO:

• 21.6 million women experience an unsafe abortion worldwide each year; 18.5 million of these occur in developing countries
  • 47 000 women die from complications of unsafe abortion each year.
  • Deaths due to unsafe abortion remain close to 13% of all maternal deaths.