CPC 2017: Bernier vs Alexander

Who will lead the federal Conservatives in June 2017?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, ?Impact said:

The new format for the debate is a bit better, but it really showed what poor choices there were in the first round. I can't image having Leitch as PM, that shrill voice screaming at Canadians every day would drive us all to commit suicide.

I don't disagree. It's a wonder she's so high in the polls, and the only explanation is there is a lot of unease just below the surface about our immigration program.

2 hours ago, capricorn said:

I haven't a clue who I will support for the leadership, let alone who my second choice would be. The debates were not helpful at all. I'm tempted to throw the names of 5 of them I like the most in a hat and select my choice at random. :wacko:

You can't have a debate with 14 people.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

If you think Elizabeth May shrieks, I can't wait to hear what you think of Kelly Leitch.

IMO, no one can match Elizabeth in the shrieking department. She dominates the "nails on the blackboard" group. As for Kellie, she's the type of politician that has some good ideas, but is unable to convey them adequately to an audience.

"Kellie Leitch roasted on social media for ‘bizarre’ Canadian Values video"

http://globalnews.ca/news/3277229/kellie-leitch-canadian-values-screening-video/

17 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Michael Chong is setting the agenda. He didn't even mention carbon tax in his reply to the crime question, but he got the rest speaking about it. WTG Michael. 

Michael Chong isn't going to do anything but make noise.  The sooner he backs out of the race with his delusions of grandeur the better.  

Its the b-team debate tonight.  

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, capricorn said:

In fact, Chong does look rather diminutive in comparison to the others.

Yes, the only one that doesn't want to spread hate for everyone but the filthy rich. The one that wants to give tax breaks to the masses, instead of getting rid of tax to the multi-billionaires and foreign owned corporations.

2 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Yes, the only one that doesn't want to spread hate for everyone but the filthy rich.

You're saying Chong spreads hate for the filthy rich??

The one that wants to give tax breaks to the masses, instead of getting rid of tax to the multi-billionaires and foreign owned corporations.

What I understood is that most of the candidates would reduce taxes for businesses so that they can create jobs for Canadians. What good are tax breaks when you don't have a job?

1 minute ago, capricorn said:

What I understood is that most of the candidates would reduce taxes for businesses so that they can create jobs for Canadians. What good are tax breaks when you don't have a job?

How does that work ?  They have more money so they decide to spend it rather than turn a profit ?

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

How does that work ?  They have more money so they decide to spend it rather than turn a profit ?

Some will expand their operations, some will hoard the money saved through lower taxes and others will reward their shareholders. Who knows. Yet what we know for sure is that what politicians say when they want to win power doesn't always translate in the real world.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, capricorn said:

IMO, no one can match Elizabeth in the shrieking department. She dominates the "nails on the blackboard" group. As for Kellie, she's the type of politician that has some good ideas, but is unable to convey them adequately to an audience.

"Kellie Leitch roasted on social media for ‘bizarre’ Canadian Values video"

http://globalnews.ca/news/3277229/kellie-leitch-canadian-values-screening-video/

At least leitch was sober.lol