what will trump do with OPEC to lower the Oil & Gas production

Hello everyone, what does everyone expect will trump do with the OPEC ( Oil Production/ Exporting Countries like Arabic countries ) as to lower the oil & gas production so the oil prices would rise again?, well I personally can't predict facts but after president Obama won 2008 the oil prices has risen once again in the market, but today low oil prices affects the whole words market.

I think that the right decision to take is to convince the OPEC to lower production for the whole worlds benefits, does anyone else think the same as well ??

Thanks & regards,

Gustavo Woltmann

Trump will use US and Russian leverage to attempt to control OPEC in what he thinks is America's advantage.  The US gives a lot of foreign assistance to Saudi Arabia, that could be part of it.  A threat to take some of that away or even to align more with Iran.  Unfortunately, Saudi Arabia also has a lot of leverage on the US since they can manipulate global oil production and thus prices.

Edited by Moonlight Graham

LOL, Trump will find threats will not work on the arabs, but oil prices are already low, and they'd be a lot lower if the AMERICAN oil companies were not colluding to keep prices high at the gas station, the Iranians are now selling oil they couldn't sell before and it has made a global market glut, throw on the global economic slow down, more oil discoveries in south america like trinidad and guyana and Russia drilling in the artic.  If Trump really does take the jobs back from east asia, expect more fall in gas prices as all those yellow nations lose their jobs they won't be buying cars anymore.

8 hours ago, Gustavo Woltmann said:

Hello everyone, what does everyone expect will trump do with the OPEC ( Oil Production/ Exporting Countries like Arabic countries ) as to lower the oil & gas production so the oil prices would rise again?, well I personally can't predict facts but after president Obama won 2008 the oil prices has risen once again in the market, but today low oil prices affects the whole words market.

I think that the right decision to take is to convince the OPEC to lower production for the whole worlds benefits, does anyone else think the same as well ??

Thanks & regards,

Gustavo Woltmann

First of all, I'm not sure why you think OPEC would actually listen to what Trump says. Not like he has much to offer countries like Saudi Arabia or Venezuela. And while his secretary of state was an ex-oil executive, I doubt that will carry much weight (espeicially considering he was more interested in Russia, a country that is a competitor in oil sales to Opec.)

In fact, there's a good chance that the Trump presidency will see a rise in Oil prices, since he seems to be against the Iran deal (and re-establishing sanctions will cause a reduction in available Iranian oil, reducing global supply and driving up prices.)

19 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Trump will use US and Russian leverage to attempt to control OPEC in what he thinks is America's advantage.  The US gives a lot of foreign assistance to Saudi Arabia, that could be part of it.  A threat to take some of that away or even to align more with Iran.  Unfortunately, Saudi Arabia also has a lot of leverage on the US since they can manipulate global oil production and thus prices.

I think that's what might happen pretty much and very wise thinking but I don't think he will align with Iran under any circumstances ! Iran is very wise not to be leveraged easily plus it's on the russian side.

16 hours ago, segnosaur said:

First of all, I'm not sure why you think OPEC would actually listen to what Trump says. Not like he has much to offer countries like Saudi Arabia or Venezuela. And while his secretary of state was an ex-oil executive, I doubt that will carry much weight (espeicially considering he was more interested in Russia, a country that is a competitor in oil sales to Opec.)

In fact, there's a good chance that the Trump presidency will see a rise in Oil prices, since he seems to be against the Iran deal (and re-establishing sanctions will cause a reduction in available Iranian oil, reducing global supply and driving up prices.)

That is a good opinion, however, the USA has strong influence on Saudi Arabia and can influence it to lower the production because they are drilling like crazy.

- Gustavo Woltmann

Edited by Gustavo Woltmann

18 hours ago, hernanday said:

LOL, Trump will find threats will not work on the arabs, but oil prices are already low, and they'd be a lot lower if the AMERICAN oil companies were not colluding to keep prices high at the gas station, the Iranians are now selling oil they couldn't sell before and it has made a global market glut, throw on the global economic slow down, more oil discoveries in south america like trinidad and guyana and Russia drilling in the artic.  If Trump really does take the jobs back from east asia, expect more fall in gas prices as all those yellow nations lose their jobs they won't be buying cars anymore.

the Oil can't go lower and the USA wants to raise the prices because it is now also producing Oil.

- Gustavo Woltmann

Edited by Gustavo Woltmann

ah, none of the above.

Under Obama, the USA went on a major and very successful campaign to boost production and build infrastructure to export oil and gas.  For example, they now export both oil and gas to Canada.  LNG exports to Europe are beginning.  Four or five more large LNG plants will be exporting off both coasts by 2020.  By 2025 the US may be the largest oil  producer in the world.

What is their focus now?  Certainly not to limit production.  The Saudis just went on a protracted campaign to limit or eliminate production from North America and succeeded with one country and failed with the other..  Canada is shutting down for political, not economic reasons, but the USA is full bore production and export.  An obvious target is Western Europe as major gas  customers.  Right now, much of Europe is dependent on Russian gas.  Understandably, not a comfy spot.  Asia is still a market too, for both oil and gas. 

The US is collecting customers and contracts- and fat export earnings.  Imagine that..

There is no production debate between the USA and Saudi Arabia.  It is long over, and the Saudis lost their bid to get the US out of the oil export market. 

I won't comment on your outdated meme  that peak oil is around the corner.  It is not, not even close.  Neither is the advent of renewables as a replacement for oil and gas. One day? Sure. Who cares, it won't be in my childrens or grandchildrens lifetime.

• 2 weeks later...

Well @overthere I think the OPEC is still the one controlling the oil prices even though the US is exporting oil but when they export in huge quantities the supply rises over the demand making the prices go lower and I think that is what saudis are trying to do to stop US from exporting Oil. Sure it's not a wise idea but countries are dealing with oil in very childish way.

Gustavo Woltmann

The shale oil in the US can't be used quick enough even in a booming economy, so they need to interrupt the supply.

Plus

Trump is trying to parrot Regan. Meaning he wants to hand out contracts to the defense industry-already hinting at more nukes. The usual GOP "eat the poor," trickle down BS.

Therefore:

Demonize a oil supplying country or region or people (hence the vetting)

Wait for any terrorist attack and then use 'alt facts" to connect it to the demonized subject nation to gain political support from anyone who can say "America first" and owns a foam hat.

Embargo and/or bomb country or region.

Iran is the likely target based on the rhetoric. Pooty will be chuft, oil/gas will be up, and Iran will ripe for helping hand from mother Russia.

Good times! 

On 1/15/2017 at 6:05 PM, Gustavo Woltmann said:

Thanks & regards,

Gustavo Woltmann

He doesn't have to do anything with Opec, Obama made American energy independent.  America is now a net exporter of oil.  Oil prices are already very low, if they go any lower, Alberta will have another round of layoffs and transcanada pipeline won't get built and his approval of pipelines will be in vain as low oil prices and no oil from Alberta= no reason for pipeline!  The Saudis and opec have already cut back production, that is why they have a civil war with the yemenis because they couldn't afford to prop up their fake government in yemen.  If The saudis cut production again, their economy will be seriously weakened t the point the country is in jeopardy.  Frankly, with the whole fracking, plus lifting of sanctions on Iranian oil, has made oil prices fall alot.  Slow down in China's economy hasn't helped much either.  And if Trump really does push through his anti-trade policies that hurt China's economy, demand for oil will fall again and prices will fall further due to global oil price glut.  Even if Opec had agreed to limit production (again) then they'd still have to contend with all the new oil producers coming online in addition to possible lifting of sanctions on Russia, will mean huge amounts of oil coming online.