How many Vacations?

Never claimed to defend Trudeau from the substance that can stick - fundraising and influence peddling. 

Every politician faces these because every politician participates in it. 

Once day something will stick. If not now then years from now. 

Ho hum, same as the old boss, etc. 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, msj said:

Never claimed to defend Trudeau from the substance that can stick - fundraising and influence peddling. 

These things are starting to pile up on him, the pay for play concerning his dad's statue, the significant increase in funds going to the Trudeau foundation and now this.  Trudeau would have been better off going to somewhere similar that to last year that was warm...

Sure, it piles up for Trudeau, but Trump? 

Nah, it's quite alright for him to get his charitable foundation to buy him a selfie-painting. 

Yeah, Trump is all right and the reason he is elected is because people - no, elitists! - complain about Trump's selfie-painting (not to mention other methods to fund Russian money to his campaign - allegedly). 

So, I will continue to not care much so long as Trudeau continues to govern as he has done so far (which is pretty good) and so long as the alternatives continue to stink (which they probably will for quite some time). 

15 minutes ago, msj said:

The fact that every politician engages in funds for access doesn't make it right. It soils politics.

The fact Trudeau criticized Harper for doing what Trudeau now does makes Trudeau not just soiled but a big fat two faced liar.

If you call bankrupting Canada a good way to govern, I have two words for you- OY and GEVALT.

Edited by Rue

No, it means that money and politics are always intertwined.  

It is not a reason for me to vote for or against a politician (since they all do it) so I vote for other reasons.  

I think most people are like this and the ones doing the complaining are usually the losers from the past election(s) who would not care about their guy doing it because they vote for other reasons too. 

Edited by msj

21 minutes ago, Rue said:

You again miss the point. The very prostitution Trudeau and his cabinet engage in to raise funds is what they screamed and yelled at the Tory's for doing.

Its wrong. Its blatant prostitution and influence peddling.

Don't tell me someone who donates to the Liberal Party doesn't get preferential treatment. Give that one a rest.

The point is it has been going on like that forever and it won't be stopping any time no matter who is in government. 

18 minutes ago, msj said:

Sure, it piles up for Trudeau, but Trump? 

Nah, it's quite alright for him to get his charitable foundation to buy him a selfie-painting. 

Yeah, Trump is all right and the reason he is elected is because people - no, elitists! - complain about Trump's selfie-painting (not to mention other methods to fund Russian money to his campaign - allegedly). 

So, I will continue to not care much so long as Trudeau continues to govern as he has done so far (which is pretty good) and so long as the alternatives continue to stink (which they probably will for quite some time). 

Trump is going to have to deal with a recession which is due.  He may not survive that one.

as for Trudeau doing things good the economy is stagnant and now is going to be taxed further along with an increase in spending that's doing nothing.  Along with refusing to compete with trumps agenda.  

I will say in fairness that chrystia freeland is doing a good job in her cabinet position, her and Sajjan are two very competent ministers and rising stars in the liberal party.  Trudeau should be taking notes from them 

1 minute ago, Omni said:

It's going to Afghanistan to improve health care. How much do you figure Harper pissed away sending troops there?

About the same rate that Martin and Chrétien did sending us there.  I don't really agree with the Afghan war as it was set up to be a meat grinder which was a huge expense of blood and treasure.  

We are in deficit and we can't afford to be sending money overseas on feel good projects.    

10 minutes ago, blueblood said:

About the same rate that Martin and Chrétien did sending us there.  I don't really agree with the Afghan war as it was set up to be a meat grinder which was a huge expense of blood and treasure.  

We are in deficit and we can't afford to be sending money overseas on feel good projects.    

That's the trouble with pointless foreign wars: once you go in and wreck the place, you kind of feel obligated to go back and fix it up.

6 hours ago, blueblood said:

Trump is going to have to deal with a recession which is due.  He may not survive that one.

as for Trudeau doing things good the economy is stagnant and now is going to be taxed further along with an increase in spending that's doing nothing.  Along with refusing to compete with trumps agenda.  

There is a good chance that Trudeau will have to deal with a recession that is due too. 

And perhaps even a home/debt bubble that is long in the tooth. 

Maybe by the time the infrastructure spending gets going it will be just in the knick of time. That's how I'd do it: drag it out and get it going 18 months prior to the next election. 

Too bad Brexit and Trump will have such a negative effect on global growth though.  

9 hours ago, blueblood said:

I will say in fairness that chrystia freeland is doing a good job in her cabinet position, her and Sajjan are two very competent ministers and rising stars in the liberal party.

Ah yes, Sajjan. The guy who says we shouldn't fear ISIS. Maybe he should tell that to the gay people of Orlando or the people with relatives who were run over in Nice.

9 hours ago, msj said:

There is a good chance that Trudeau will have to deal with a recession that is due too. 

And perhaps even a home/debt bubble that is long in the tooth. 

Maybe by the time the infrastructure spending gets going it will be just in the knick of time. That's how I'd do it: drag it out and get it going 18 months prior to the next election. 

Too bad Brexit and Trump will have such a negative effect on global growth though.  

The problem with the infrastructure spending is that it's too vague and includes "social infrastructure" - a convenient buzz word.  My concern is the spending getting eaten up in bureaucracy and waste.  The nice thing about the pipelines is that it's private money accountable to shareholders.

as for brexit and trump hurting global growth I agree.  The Americans are tired of having an economy running on debt and want to get back to producing things for themselves.  The irony is this - by Mexico growing as it has, it is reducing the number of people going to the USA to look for work as they will stay home which grows their economy and provides customers for American tech products.  Can't blame the Americans for getting tired of waiting for their jobs to come back when the Mexico factories are building for Mexicans and not Americans.

with trump getting in, the high tax regime is over and a lot of countries are going to get caught with their pants down

16 hours ago, Omni said:

It's going to Afghanistan to improve health care. How much do you figure Harper pissed away sending troops there?

How many troop lives were saved by Harper taking over the government. Chretien sent them over with hardly ant equipment, at least sharper gave them what they needed.

20 hours ago, blueblood said:

I will say in fairness that chrystia freeland is doing a good job in her cabinet position, her and Sajjan are two very competent ministers and rising stars in the liberal party.  Trudeau should be taking notes from them 

Well you're in luck - Freeland is now minister of foreign affairs.