How many Vacations?

6 hours ago, Omni said:

So we have Trudeau befriending a Muslim, and then we have Trump befriending a Communist. The regular crowd rushes in. This will be hilarious.

I wonder when he'll publicly announce his conversion to Islam? Or will he keep playing all sides? It's a grand chess move if he does it at the right time. A disaster of Trumpish proportions (lol) if he gets it wrong...

Or perhaps religious retreats are all the rage for family vacations.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, -1=e^ipi said:

The amount of vacations Trudeau does is excessive, and if he cared about CO2 emissions, he wouldn't always travel by plane to some far away place.

How many of his 'vacations' were ones that added a plane trip?

I count this one to the Bahamas. Most of the others were in places he already needed to be due to his job, for example he had a number of scheduled meetings/appearances in Vancouver and went a day earlier to ski Whistler.

14 hours ago, Omni said:

So we have Trudeau befriending a Muslim, and then we have Trump befriending a Communist. The regular crowd rushes in. This will be hilarious.

Thanks for stopping by and spreading around the usual manure.

How is it not a conflict of interest to accept this gift from someone who lobbies our government and gets 10's of millions of our dollars?  Answer that one, honestly, as if you could.

6 minutes ago, poochy said:

Thanks for stopping by and spreading around the usual manure.

How is it not a conflict of interest to accept this gift from someone who lobbies our government and gets 10's of millions of our dollars?  Answer that one, honestly, as if you could.

So where were you when Harper gave away a lot more money and as well granted honorary citizenship. I wonder what he got out of the deal.

16 minutes ago, Omni said:

So where were you when Harper gave away a lot more money and as well granted honorary citizenship. I wonder what he got out of the deal.

Nope, you can't answer anything honestly, spread manure yes, answer anything like a decent human being might, nope, no chance.  Answer the question, How is it not a conflict of interest to accept this gift from someone who lobbies our government and gets 10's of millions of our dollars?

And I sincerely doubt this is an actual conflict.  The government engages in charity work with the Aga Khan's organization, and as you stated, there is a prior relationship - but the optics could be better (of course, the only people who seem to care are Conservative partisans).

17 hours ago, Omni said:

According to Charity Navigator the Aga Khan Foundation gets a high score, especially on accountability and transparency. The latest Canadian government donation went to help provide health care in Afghanistan, where I can imagine it is needed.

https://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=8881

You're right. We don't need our tax money.

SNIP

http://www.ottawasun.com/2017/01/08/justin-trudeaus-disconnect-from-the-middle-class

You cant defend what this guy is doing. It is one big party for him, while his aides run the country. Now he is going cross country to show Canadians they can talk to him for free and he expects people to fall for that.  I am sure Canadians will be very tired of this guy in 3 yrs.

Edited by Charles Anthony
re-copied article deleted

On 1/7/2017 at 8:04 AM, DogOnPorch said:

I wonder when he'll publicly announce his conversion to Islam? Or will he keep playing all sides? It's a grand chess move if he does it at the right time. A disaster of Trumpish proportions (lol) if he gets it wrong...

Or perhaps religious retreats are all the rage for family vacations.

He already has,when you look back when he went thru what it takes to become one, during one of many Mosque visits.

On 1/7/2017 at 4:26 PM, Smallc said:

And I sincerely doubt this is an actual conflict.  The government engages in charity work with the Aga Khan's organization, and as you stated, there is a prior relationship - but the optics could be better (of course, the only people who seem to care are Conservative partisans).

Wrong again. When a lobbyist gives you a free vacation to a 100 million dollar Island for you your wife and friends and then tries to hide it, yes that is totally wrong. And we are getting to a point where he might have to resign he he keeps this up. And now his trip across Canada to BS the people , is a joke. Look you can talk to me for free at a Tim Horton,but if you want to talk to me in a mansion ,then it will cost you $1500. And skipping the inauguration for trump, dumb move. And why did Trudeau not ask the ethics commissar before he went. Why, he does nor care because in his mind everyone loves him and he cant do no wrong.

Edited by PIK

3 minutes ago, PIK said:

Wrong again. When a lobbyist gives you a free vacation to a 100 million dollar Island for you your wife and friends and then tries to hide it, yes that is totally wrong. And we are getting to a point where he might have to resign he he keeps this up. And now his trip across Canada to BS the people , is a joke. Look you can talk to me for free at a Tim Horton,but if you want to talk to me in a mansion ,then it will cost you $1500. And skipping the inauguration for trump, dumb move. And why did Trudeau not ask the ethics commissar before he went. Why, he does nor care because in his mind everyone loves him and he cant do no wrong.

Just think of it as a 50 million dollar vacation.  Must be some island...

11 minutes ago, PIK said:

He already has,when you look back when he went thru what it takes to become one, during one of many Mosque visits.

I agree that to the Muslim community he has already taken that first important step: The Shahada.

However, I'm still not convinced he's not simply playing all sides...wearing whatever hat needed when it suits.

I'm more referring to some sort of official announcement. Which would be a downright clever move worthy of a Medici if it was done in a certain way.

"Western Leader Converts To Islam" would read the headlines in the MSM...etc. But, I think November's results might have made this a less palatable move politically.

15 minutes ago, PIK said:

Political party's have to raise money ALL political party's. Look at the bank account the CPC has. Do you think they got all that from coffee and donuts at Timmy's?

On ‎2017‎-‎01‎-‎07 at 0:08 AM, Derek 2.0 said:

I don't recall any Tory and NDP Prime Minister vacationing on the Private Island of a man, that's foundation, that's registered to lobby both the Government and Prime Minister, just received $55 million dollars from the Government.... 

That is the point. Its a blatant example of how this Prime Minister says one thing and does another.

Mr. Champion of the Middle Class, Lord Justin of Trudeau  vacationing on a privately owned island of a super rich  man who gets $55 million a year from the Canadian government in grants. If that does not lend to the appearance of a conflict of interest what does?

The fact Trudeau does not care typifies his spoiled rich boy upbringing. This is someone who feels entitled, and who feels he doesn't have to follow the standards he expects of others.

He's a rich boy doing what rich boys do, eating caviar and cake while the world around him and all its poo poo people with their smells and lower class mannerisms are insulated from him.

Lord Justin of Trudeau. Excuse me if I vomit.

Edited by Rue

30 minutes ago, Omni said:

Political party's have to raise money ALL political party's. Look at the bank account the CPC has. Do you think they got all that from coffee and donuts at Timmy's?

You again miss the point. The very prostitution Trudeau and his cabinet engage in to raise funds is what they screamed and yelled at the Tory's for doing.

Its wrong. Its blatant prostitution and influence peddling.

Don't tell me someone who donates to the Liberal Party doesn't get preferential treatment. Give that one a rest.

5 minutes ago, msj said:

Nice story dude. 

Oh, and nice way to try and smear Trudeau by trying to conflate him with someone and something else. 

Not buying this smear method - maybe just focus on the substance instead, k? 

Trudeau is smearing himself, he is undefendable ,so why try.  He is a one trick pony.

11 minutes ago, msj said:

Nice story dude. 

Oh, and nice way to try and smear Trudeau by trying to conflate him with someone and something else. 

Not buying this smear method - maybe just focus on the substance instead, k? 

Lord Justin of Trudeau smeered? He is the Lord Fonteroy of Canadian politics. He is a public figure. If he wants to go on vacation with someone on that person's private island knowing that person's charity gets 55 million from the Canadian government every year that is a blatant display of contempt for Canadians who have to pay that 55 million and Trudeau and his let them eat cake attitude needs to feel the heat.

He's a public servant not some dainty Lord prancing about with the tax money of peons and serfs. If he comes near my farm my pitch fork will go so far up his Royal you know what he will ride side saddle for good reason. You tell the Sheriff of Knottingham as well when he comes to collect the Lord Justin's taxes Rue Hood and his "Merry" Men will be waiting.

Regards

Zorro

Edited by Rue