How many Vacations?

Including this one

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comment/chris-selley-justin-trudeaus-vacation-with-the-aga-khan-proves-the-details-matter

Now, this Aga Khan seems like a decent guy, but his foundations also lobby the government for many, many millions of our dollars.

Perhaps we need a new Topic titled, What would the local propagandist, possibly paid poster left have said if Harper had done this?  Im sure it would be moderated though, we're back, it's ok to tell overt lies again.

Edited by poochy

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Smallc said:

I count 4 vacations, which is not at all unreasonable.

How long has he been in?  I've had four vacations in the last eight or so years, but then again, my job is important.

1 minute ago, Smallc said:

My job is important too - but I'm about to go on #4 in the same amount of time.  If he can afford it, and he's doing his job, why should I care?

You don't, do you?

1 minute ago, ?Impact said:

I have dozens of vacations year. Every time I go skiing, canoeing for a weekend, add a couple of days to business trip to California so I can hike in Yosemite, head to the links, etc. then that is a vacation according to the anti-Trudeau gang. 

Anti Trudeau gang.  They sound mean...

As if the Harper burnt his toast threads weren't bad enough, we don't need trudeau burnt his toast threads.  Trudeau can spend his pm salary and trust fund money on whatever he wants.  

Trudeau I mean Gerald Butts are already driving the economy into the ditch with a carbon tax, excessive government spending, and now taking a page from the clintons with pay to play.  Tories take vacation, the ndp takes vacation.  There are bigger fish to fry than splitting hairs over which is a vacation and which isn't.

3 hours ago, Smallc said:

I count 4 vacations, which is not at all unreasonable.

You must be a pretty high CO2 emitting person then.

The amount of vacations Trudeau does is excessive, and if he cared about CO2 emissions, he wouldn't always travel by plane to some far away place.

50 minutes ago, blueblood said:

Tories take vacation, the ndp takes vacation.  There are bigger fish to fry than splitting hairs over which is a vacation and which isn't.

I don't recall any Tory and NDP Prime Minister vacationing on the Private Island of a man, that's foundation, that's registered to lobby both the Government and Prime Minister, just received $55 million dollars from the Government.... 

59 minutes ago, blueblood said:

As if the Harper burnt his toast threads weren't bad enough, we don't need trudeau burnt his toast threads.  Trudeau can spend his pm salary and trust fund money on whatever he wants.  

Trudeau I mean Gerald Butts are already driving the economy into the ditch with a carbon tax, excessive government spending, and now taking a page from the clintons with pay to play.  Tories take vacation, the ndp takes vacation.  There are bigger fish to fry than splitting hairs over which is a vacation and which isn't.

Did you hear that?  That was the sound of you completely missing, not understanding, or not reading the point.

Trudeau secretly vacationing on a bahamas island owned by a registered lobbyist is a conflict of interest.  Not impressed.  Trudeau's life of incredible privilege makes him clueless to these types of things.  He's so spoiled and naive, coupled with the typical Liberal Party arrogance, it will be his downfall.  He's not going to last near as long as his father if he keeps this up, and we're only just over a year in.

Edited by Moonlight Graham

8 minutes ago, Derek 2.0 said:

I don't recall any Tory and NDP Prime Minister vacationing on the Private Island of a man, that's foundation, that's registered to lobby both the Government and Prime Minister, just received $55 million dollars from the Government.... 

True, that is a different kind of vacation than going to whistler, the west coast, Newfoundland, and his other spots frequently.  The above kind of vacation is more down payment on the UN Security Council seat...

the question is did Gerald Butts set it up...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-expenses-challenger-rideau-cottage-24-sussex-nannies-vacation-1.3907353

According to that he has reimbursed us for 9 personal trips, some of them are an extra days stay after official business, like when they celebrated their anniversary in Japan and stayed another day, whatever, it's pretty clear he has spent plenty of time elsewhere, dont care a ton about that, but is it also ok to do it as a guest of a billionaire who lobbies us for our money?  Does the hair, the smile, and the stammer out count any attempt at keeping an ethical distance from someone like that?

Harper got roasted for 90k, we've given this guy's foundations millions, shrug i guess, shrug.  It is after all, the first time he's been in this sort of conflict, right?

4 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Trudeau secretly vacationing on a bahamas island owned by a registered lobbyist is a conflict of interest.  Not impressed.  Trudeau's life of incredible privilege makes him clueless to these types of things.  He's so spoiled and naive, coupled with the typical Liberal Party arrogance, it will be his downfall.  He's not going to last near as long as his father if he keeps this up, and we're only just over a year in.

See, i dont think he's clueless, i think they know the voters are.  The liberals will get the benefit of the doubt and be re elected unless they get convicted or at least charged with something, that's just Canada.  Conservatives barely got one majority and nothing really changed, and they were evil, that's also Canada.  This guy lobbies for us for 10's of millions and the PM holidays with him, Harper covered up 90k that they paid back to us that turned out to not be fraudulent, got roasted for it, one is a pretty liberal, the other was a conservative, scary stuff right there.  The Chretien liberals won 3 majorities, and a minority with Paul Martin even with the sponsorship scandal looming, and that was after really deep cuts to balance the budget, there's no reason these liberals wont see the same success no matter what they do.

7 minutes ago, Smallc said:

Harper was also close with the Aga Kahn.

Harper isn't the Prime Minister, and correct me if I'm wrong, but never spent the holidays on his private Island........

9 minutes ago, Smallc said:

I'm against cash for access - this I have less of a problem with.

Right, because Trudeau gave Khan cash in exchange for access? Why is Khan's foundation registered to lobby the Prime Minister, and then why did the PMO attempt to keep the details of Trudeau's vacation secret?