Christians most persecuted

dialamah

Clarion says that Christianity was the most persecuted group in 2016.  Given Clarion's bias I expected the story to be that Islam was the reason, but it seems Islam is only responsible for some of it.  North Korea also appears to be a significant contributor.

"The report said that 90,000 Christians were killed last year, of which 30% were killed by Islamists. The rest were killed by state and non-state persecution around the world, including in North Korea"

Makes me wonder what other non-Muslim states and groups persecute Christians.   Anyone care to enlighten me?

Edited by dialamah
Typo

32 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Clarion says that Christianity was the most persecuted group in 2016.  Given Clarion's bias I expected the story to be that Islam was the reason, but it seems Islam is only responsible for some of it.  North Korea also appears to be a significant contributor.

"The report said that 90,000 Christians were killed last year, of which 30% were killed by Islamists. The rest were killed by state and non-state persecution around the world, including in North Korea"

Makes me wonder what other non-Muslim states and groups persecute Christians.   Anyone care to enlighten me?

Since Christianity is really growing fast  in places like China, North Korea, etc.,  where oppressions are happening, I think it's being viewed as a major threat.

From a Christian perspective too, it's prophecy that's coming true.

Edited by betsy

6 minutes ago, betsy said:

Since Christianity is really growing fast  in places like China, North Korea, etc.,  where oppressions are happening, I think it's being viewed as a major threat.

From a Christian perspective too, it's prophecy that's coming true.

What prophecy is that? 

6 hours ago, dialamah said:

In Saudi Arabia a Christian is persecuted to the fullest. Some other Arab Muslim countries Christians are murdered just for being Christian. This is Islam and Sharia law at it's best, and yet we do not sanction those countries like we did to South Africa over apartheid. The western countries will still deal with those countries in some way no matter what they do to some of their citizen's. They even take in Muslims who will only adhere to Islamic and Sharia law, and who will refuse to assimilate into the host country that they immigrated too. Trump said that he was going to try and stop all Muslim immigration until the USA an figure out as to what and how to deal with those inhuman countries. In Canada we should do the same. Why import trouble when we don't need too. These Muslims should be going to Muslim countries where they can practice Islam and Sharia not go to countries that do not. I never seen or heard of millions of white people wanting to go live in a  Muslim country. A wise thing to avoid doing especially if you are a Christian.