Megyn Kelly to NBC news

blueblood

http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/entertainment/fox-news-star-megyn-kelly-headed-to-nbc-news-1.3225782

thats interesting given the dynamic of the election in the USA.  What's intriguing to me is that if one youtubes any of her clips she has conservative viewpoints and yet she got into a war with trump.  I'm wondering if she keeps her viewpoints working with NBC or the editors will clamp down; or is nbc bringing a different point of view.  

I suspect like most people who are in the public eye, she'll modify her views to suit her bosses as far as she can.   That she didn't do so for Trump suggests that he simply went too far beyond her comfort level.   Not everyone believes they have to be lockstep with everyone else who claims the same label.

5 minutes ago, blueblood said:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/entertainment/fox-news-star-megyn-kelly-headed-to-nbc-news-1.3225782

thats interesting given the dynamic of the election in the USA.  What's intriguing to me is that if one youtubes any of her clips she has conservative viewpoints and yet she got into a war with trump.  I'm wondering if she keeps her viewpoints working with NBC or the editors will clamp down; or is nbc bringing a different point of view.  

She is conservative and yet she got into a war with Trump? What is conservative about Trump?

26 minutes ago, blueblood said:

I'm wondering if she keeps her viewpoints working with NBC or the editors will clamp down; or is nbc bringing a different point of view.  

I am sure she will still express the same viewpoints, that is her value. Mainstream media are generally not interested in people with no viewpoints, they are looking for diversity. Yes, the media company itself may portray some predominant view but it will still have commentators with a broader range. Even the CBC has many 'right-wing' contributors like Rex Murphy. Of course news anchors need to be a bit more balanced, generally with some slight lean towards the company viewpoint.

Well Kelly wouldn't be very good at covering Trump's presidency the way the conservative FOX News would want her to.  They want to spread their conservative propaganda without dissent...so YOU'RE FIRED!  Puppets are hired by the puppet-masters to read teleprompters and tow the line.  Edit: I also remember now her sexual harrasment claims vs FOX's Roger Ailes.

She was probably hired by NBC for her ability to lay into Trump.  More propaganda, by the left media moguls this time.

Edited by Moonlight Graham

14 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

I am sure she will still express the same viewpoints, that is her value. Mainstream media are generally not interested in people with no viewpoints, they are looking for diversity. Yes, the media company itself may portray some predominant view but it will still have commentators with a broader range. Even the CBC has many 'right-wing' contributors like Rex Murphy. Of course news anchors need to be a bit more balanced, generally with some slight lean towards the company viewpoint.

I agree, I find it's going to be quite a stretch considering her opinions she expressed on her show about some matters.  I don't know if she will get to bash snowflakes on NBC....

This is going to be huge for NBC.  She's very smart, is able to look at both sides of an issue, and had a running feud with Trump to boot.  The bigger picture is that the conservative viewpoint will be presented on any show she's the host of, and it'll create another option besides the Fox channel.  There's no way she signed a big bux contract with NBC in which they limit her free speech.  No way.

This leaves Chris Wallace as the last actual journalist at Fox News.

5 hours ago, blueblood said:

and yet she got into a war with trump.

It's worth pointing out that this "war" happened because she asked him a perfectly reasonable and obvious question at the debate and he flipped out over it.

-k

11 hours ago, dialamah said:

I suspect like most people who are in the public eye, she'll modify her views to suit her bosses as far as she can. 

It's what they all do. People forget that even Glenn Beck used to be one of the middle-of-the -road guys on CNN. Before that he was a morning radio shock-jock DJ. News-opinion personalities are mostly playing a character that their bosses ask them to play.

Edited by Bryan

1 hour ago, kimmy said:

This leaves Chris Wallace as the last actual journalist at Fox News.

It's worth pointing out that this "war" happened because she asked him a perfectly reasonable and obvious question at the debate and he flipped out over it.

-k

No arguement there.  I think the "war" was his ego and to rile up some support.  Also that "war" really boosted her career.

Edited by blueblood

1 hour ago, blueblood said:

No arguement there.  I think the "war" was his ego and to rile up some support.  Also that "war" really boosted her career.

Her career was doing just fine. She was already one of the best known journalists in America, and I think the Kelly File was the 2nd highest rated cable news program just behind O'Reilly if I'm not mistaken. If anything, getting into a "war" with Trump was a setback for her, because "Trump Nation!" types are the core audience of Fox News.

-k

4 hours ago, kimmy said:

Her career was doing just fine. She was already one of the best known journalists in America, and I think the Kelly File was the 2nd highest rated cable news program just behind O'Reilly if I'm not mistaken. If anything, getting into a "war" with Trump was a setback for her, because "Trump Nation!" types are the core audience of Fox News.

-k

It also gained her a following among people not in trump nation.  She read the tea leaves and made her choice to ask trump the hard questions and I'd say an 8 digit salary says she's made the right call, plus more time with her kids.

i find it quite amusing how Fox News has given trump a huge pass on going against typical conservative economic values. I.e. Massive spending, trade wars, picking winners and losers in business.  I'll admit I'm giving him a pass because some of his other policies of cutting red tape and slashing taxes are good policy and that business confidence is greatly improving.  

I digress people are like sheep at times, a lot of the comments directed at her were in my opinion quite ignorant.  A lot of people think the president is going to come in on a white horse and save people when in fact congress does the heavy lifting and people have to look out for themselves

What "heavy lifting" the Congress does has to be signed off on by the president and voted on by the Senate, or am I missing something?  So it doesn't matter what the Congress does unless they've got "heavy lifting" support in the Senate and with the President.

Kelly could have been much harder on Trump than she was.  She took the middle of the road route, and her rise has been a long time coming.  Fox gave her the start she needed, but she built her viewer base with really good interviews, questions, and opinions.  NBC won't know what hit them, and she's not going to limit her free speech so as to conform to whatever leftwing limits NBC might have.  NBC knows this, there's no way she signed a contract that limits her free speech.

1 hour ago, sharkman said:

NBC won't know what hit them, and she's not going to limit her free speech so as to conform to whatever leftwing limits NBC might have.  NBC knows this, there's no way she signed a contract that limits her free speech.

Are you suggesting that perhaps NBC was never "left wing" and that it is just a corporate wing of GE? That would make sense since there was never any evidence that it was.

18 hours ago, kimmy said:

This leaves Chris Wallace as the last actual journalist at Fox News

You don't consider any of Bret Baier, Bill Hemmer, Howard Kurtz, Shepard Smith, John Stossel, Martha MacCallum, Ed Henry, Laura Ingraham, Charles Krauthammer or Brett Hume (etc)...... "actual journalists"?

15 hours ago, kimmy said:

the Kelly File was the 2nd highest rated cable news program just behind O'Reilly

And whoever replaces her after the Factor (Tucker Carlson? Martha Macallum? Kimberly Guilfoyle? Sean Hannity?) will have the 2nd highest ratings......

23 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

They want to spread their conservative propaganda without dissent...so YOU'RE FIRED!  Puppets are hired by the puppet-masters to read teleprompters and tow the line.  Edit: I also remember now her sexual harrasment claims vs FOX's Roger Ailes.

Fox didn't fire her.....they offered her more money then CNN and ABC combined.........she wanted a daytime show that allows her to spend more time with her family.

22 hours ago, sharkman said:

This is going to be huge for NBC.

Maybe.........or maybe it will be another Katie Couric......I watched (and enjoyed) Kelly's show and election coverage, that will be missed, but I can't see myself (or many of her viewers) following her to daytime.

23 hours ago, ?Impact said:

The lame duck corporate media only want people who follow without question their political correctness points of view. Kelly never let up on Trump. She was no conservative. She is a liberal, and always will be. NBC will work for her. Good riddance to her. 

3 hours ago, blueblood said:

Agreed, have you heard her take on snowflakes?  

There are lots of people on the right who don't agree with everything trump says...

She only went after people who are like minded like Trump. She almost cried when she heard that Trump was going to be president. 

There were lots of democrats that did not agree with Sanders or Hillary. So, what's your point? 

32 minutes ago, taxme said:

She almost cried when she heard that Trump was going to be president. 

Are you talking about Kelly? I watched the FOX election coverage wall-to-wall, and don't remember her "almost crying"........outside Bill O'Reilly (and Karl Rove), nearly the entire FOX team was surprised when it looked like Trump would win.........turn around between Rove-Kelly from 2012 mind you....... 

3 minutes ago, Derek 2.0 said:

Are you talking about Kelly? I watched the FOX election coverage wall-to-wall, and don't remember her "almost crying"........outside Bill O'Reilly (and Karl Rove), nearly the entire FOX team was surprised when it looked like Trump would win.........turn around between Rove-Kelly from 2012 mind you....... 

Maybe not so much for crying on TV but it was noted that she looked a bit surprised and stunned looking about Trump being nominated for president. I don't believe that she wanted to see the results that she saw that day. Maybe she did have a little cry after she went off the air. Hey, you never know. 

I knew Trump would win because wherever Trump went too all of his rallies had thousands of cheering people waiting for him and to hear him speak inside, and hundreds more outside wanting to get in. The momentum for Trump was there for him to get the nomination. Compare that to what Hillary drew for crowds? It was a disaster. She was lucky if she got hundreds at her rallies.

I heard that the odds makers were giving long odds to Trump. Everybody thought that Hillary was in. I didn't know about it until after the vote and missed it and probably missed out on making myself some extra cash. I would have put a hundred bucks down on Trump to win. Shafted again. What else is new.