Hollywood Actor Tweets The President Should Die

Michael Hardner

43 minutes ago, kimmy said:

I wasn't referring to the women who complained to the police to launch the sexual assault trial.

I was referring to Ghomeshi's co-workers at CBC who were subjected to unwanted sexual grabbing, sexual talk, and demeaning comments from Ghomeshi, and whose complaints were swept under the rug by CBC management.  Ghomeshi made a public apology to his producer Kathryn Borel, CBC made a public apology to Ms Borel, and an investigation at CBC resulted in firings and found that complaints had been swept under the rug for years.  Borel is the only CBC worker who came out publicly against Ghomeshi, but she wasn't the only one who complained about him to management. A second female producer left Ghomeshi's show before Borel, also due to his behavior. The Rubin Report investigation into the mess made clear that these weren't the only two women who complained about Ghomeshi. The managers who received these complaints conducted sham investigations that were found to have not actually spoken to anyone who worked there, because obviously they were more concerned about protecting their star attraction than protecting easily-replaceable staffers.

Borel on what it was like working under Ghomeshi:

Borel on her fear of coming out publicly against a celebrity:

The court found the women who accused Ghomeshi of sexual assault to be not credible witnesses, but the women at CBC who suffered under Ghomeshi still owe those liars a debt of gratitude, because without the police getting involved, the CBC wouldn't have done crap about their workplace complaints. Ghomeshi would still be grinding his privates against womens' asses at CBC today.

-k

There's no doubt that there's celebrity-mentality!  Celebrities are protected.  It's not only in Canada....look at the pedophile celebrities in the UK, look at Sandusky - he seems to have some clout that he was protected by the school!  I'm not excusing their behaviours. 

Why aren't there any protests being made to the CBC?  If the CBC dealt with the problem as they should, Gomeshi wouldn't have been emboldened and encouraged in his abusive behaviour!  They should be penalized, and heads should roll!  They're as guilty as Gomeshi! Plus, they have their responsibility to their employees - especially when they're bankrolled by the taxpayers!

The buck doesn't stop at Gomeshi's doorstep.

Edited by betsy

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, betsy said:

There's no doubt that there's celebrity-mentality!  Celebrities are protected.

Indeed; for example, those who think Trump's comments should be disregarded because they were 'in private', who claim such comments were 'taken out of context', who ignore all the other comments he's made along similar lines, who try to discredit the women who came forward saying that Trump groped them without consent, and who accuse other women and the media of treating Trump unfairly.    All victims of 'celebrity-mentality' and working hard to protect their celebrity.

Edited by dialamah

17 minutes ago, betsy said:

Why aren't there any protests being made to the CBC?  If the CBC dealt with the problem as they should, Gomeshi wouldn't have been emboldened and encouraged in his abusive behaviour!  They should be penalized, and heads should roll!  They're as guilty as Gomeshi! Plus, they have their responsibility to their employees - especially when they're bankrolled by the taxpayers!

CBC did receive widespread criticism when their role was revealed. They were investigated by an allegedly independent workplace lawyer (the "Rubin Report" I mentioned earlier. Allegedly independent, because Rubin herself has a longstanding relationship with the CBC so her objectivity might be questioned.)  They did implement recommendations from the report. They did fire two senior managers. Heads did roll. 

-k

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

Are we talking about people walking up to strangers and grabbing their privates, or couples in committed relationships?    

And, yes, if you don't have your GF's consent to sex on any particular occasion, you can be charged with rape.   I imagine that proving her non-consent would be more difficult than proving non-consent when some guy randomly grabs the genitals of a woman he doesn't know, so there's that in your favor.

How about the middle ground?  You're on your third date and you think she's giving you the signs. I've never once stopped and said may I.

Gomeshi was brought up. In the middle of sex do you stop and say this is what I'm going to do? Seems like those ladies went along with him.

Seems like we are going to have to go the way of fetishists who write contracts and make everything explicitly understood.  "hello, I am interested in inserting my penis in x orifice while holding x part of your body".

edit-of course I've been rebuffed and have instantly stopped. But does the attempt constitute assault? 

Edited by drummindiver

24 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

How did this thread get highjacked so badly for another agenda ?   This is not another sexual assault thread for the usual suspects.

Hollywood celebrities can say whatever they want, and that includes Donald Trump.  Such speech is protected in the U.S.

Likewise, Charlie Sheen. Reacting to the latest celebrity death-- Debbie Reynolds-- by responding "Dear God: Trump next, please!" seems to have #Triggered some Trump fans, but more interestingly it seems to have also triggered a dialogue between Charlie Sheen and Ted Cruz, in which Sheen has offered to help Ted Cruz win the 2020 Republican nomination:

“In 4 years, we can unseat this guy!!” Sheen tweeted. “You bring the AWESOME, I’ll bring the WINNING!!"

Cruz responds:

"Glad to see @charliesheen embracing conservative principles, but Americans just rejected another political dynasty,” Cruz tweeted, with a photo of Martin Sheen from the hit political TV show “The West Wing.”

Which is actually pretty hilarious.

-k

When I first heard this I thought, Sheen was probably high on drugs when he wrote that. Many Hollywood celebrities have died because of drug overdose or HIV/ AIDS due to their lifestyle. This is the culture that Charlie Sheen belongs to, so if he wants to save some people, he could start by cleaning up a little. The big problem is not taking things like drug addiction or mental problems seriously. Donald Trump is gonna change all that.

On 2016-12-29 at 2:49 PM, bcsapper said:

so far Charlie Sheen is the only one who has starred in a decent movie about Vietnam.  So I do give him the edge.

Charlie should have died young, because I dislike Platoon a little now, knowing what a pathetic little Hollywood douche he turned out to be.

32 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

The big problem is not taking things like drug addiction or mental problems seriously. Donald Trump is gonna change all that.

Good on Trump for leading the way.   Will the public be informed of the results of his mental health tests, full disclosure of his issues, and the proposed treatment plan, with regular reports on how successful it is?

10 hours ago, betsy said:

There's no doubt that there's celebrity-mentality!  Celebrities are protected.  It's not only in Canada....look at the pedophile celebrities in the UK, look at Sandusky - he seems to have some clout that he was protected by the school!  I'm not excusing their behaviours. 

The buck doesn't stop at Gomeshi's doorstep.

As usual, you seem to be able to find fault with everybody but the perpetrator. 

16 hours ago, dialamah said:

Indeed; for example, those who think Trump's comments should be disregarded because they were 'in private', who claim such comments were 'taken out of context',

Well, indeed, they were taken out of context!  To smear him with something that isn't actually what it is, would be slander!  It would be lying!  Dishonest!  

And yes indeed, his crude language  were spoken in private! 

I wonder how your life would be if you were badmouthing your in-laws in private, using crude language.....and some eavesdropper taped it, and passed it along to them!  Wouldn't we condemn the eavesdropper himself for it? For causing trouble for so many people?     LET SLEEPING DOGS LIE.

You're missing the point that for all the crudeness that was said, they were said in private!  That's what we heard:  crude language!  Trump didn't put that tape out there for all the world to see and hear!

Our indignation is so misplaced when we latch on to some accusation that is undeniably false, and instead, disregard the violation of a person's privacy, and the way the media behaved contrary to what they were supposed to do : report FACTS!

When the facts are altered by the media - it is fake news!

See?  The media is being a given quite a golden pass!  Especially main stream - with their celebrity newspeople!

No one blames mainstream media - and yet any small-time back-alley news reporting are automatically dismissed, mocked, and disregarded!  See what happened with how the mainstream media all got it wrong about Trump winning the election?  And anti-Trump/pro-Hillary all bought their unreliable news!  Boy, no wonder a lot of folks can't still recover from that bombshell! 

You were  given fake news!  You'd still be given fake news, when it suits them!

The media was reporting fake news about polls in the hope that they can sway and influence the election (unless they're so dismally irresponsible and incompetent - which in that case, they have no business reporting any news at all)!

Whereas, those of us who relied on those back-alley news were saying that  according to polls, TRUMP WAS WINNING!  There were referrals to hidden votes, too! Go check out old posts during the campaign months!  

One good thing resulted from that election is how the corrupt media had shown its true face! The mask slid off!   It all the more bolstered what some people have been noticing all along. The main stream media we now have is.....CORRUPT!

CBC....CTV....they all are in that bandwagon!  They blatantly showed it during the American election!

Edited by betsy

19 hours ago, kimmy said:

CBC did receive widespread criticism when their role was revealed. They were investigated by an allegedly independent workplace lawyer (the "Rubin Report" I mentioned earlier. Allegedly independent, because Rubin herself has a longstanding relationship with the CBC so her objectivity might be questioned.)  They did implement recommendations from the report. They did fire two senior managers. Heads did roll. 

-k

I didn't follow it up after the Gomeshi trial. That's good to know.

Edited by betsy

16 hours ago, dialamah said:

Good on Trump for leading the way.   Will the public be informed of the results of his mental health tests, full disclosure of his issues, and the proposed treatment plan, with regular reports on how successful it is?

Is he obligated to do that?

History shows that most presidential candidates have kept their medical information private. Only recently have candidates opted to release letters from personal physicians.

A 2006 study by Duke psychiatrists applied today's diagnostic criteria to historical records of the first 37 presidents and found 18 of them met the criteria for psychiatric disorders, mostly major depression or anxiety. The study also found Teddy Roosevelt and Lyndon Johnson would have both been diagnosed with bipolar disorder.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/14/health/presidential-candidate-health-disclosure/

It's a matter of choice. 

Edited by betsy

4 hours ago, betsy said:

And yes indeed, his crude language  were spoken in private

Trump - private conversations must remain private and the MSM are evil for publishing them

Clinton - private email must be made public and the media, especially the back alley media, is wonderful for publishing them

5 hours ago, betsy said:

Well, indeed, they were taken out of context!  To smear him with something that isn't actually what it is, would be slander!  It would be lying!  Dishonest!  

And yes indeed, his crude language  were spoken in private! 

Sigh. Just... stop. This argument never made the least it of sense. We should ignore him confessing what he has done because it was in private? You do realize the police actually put undercover officers near criminals to try to get them to confess IN PRIVATE CONVERSATIONS about the crimes they've done, right? And the courts are fine with that. 

Trump confessed he likes to kiss and grope women, which is hardly earth shattering news, and they let him do it because he's a celebrity. Later he denied actually doing that, and more than a dozen women came forward to say yes he did. He likewise confessed to Howard Stern that he could jsut walk into the girls dressing rooms where naked teenagers were preparing for beauty pageants 'because i'm the boss', and we know a number of former contestants have confirmed he did just that. 

Like a lot of men, when it comes to sex, Trump will push it as far as he thinks he can get away with pushing it, and since he's a celebrity that's a lot further than most people. Trump has spent a lifetime being a hedonist and fornicator and adulterer and never bothered to cover that up. That's who and what he is. Clearly this doesn't bother you since you think that's how a good Christian man should act.

1 hour ago, Argus said:

Trump confessed he likes to kiss and grope women, which is hardly earth shattering news, and they let him do it because he's a celebrity.

Those women he described were probably groupies, IE sluts, there to have a good time with a celebrity. It happens.

1 hour ago, ?Impact said:

Trump - private conversations must remain private and the MSM are evil for publishing them

Clinton - private email must be made public and the media, especially the back alley media, is wonderful for publishing them

:rolleyes:

Apples and oranges.

Trump was not sitting in politics during that conversation.  He was a regular civilian, just like you and I!

Clinton's email was of public interest due to the fact that she was Secretary of State, and was embroiled in controversy over her disregard for rules, and in effect possible compromise of  what might be sensitive or classified information that could impact national security.  Since she's a public servant, the public has the right to know.

Edited by betsy

1 hour ago, Argus said:

Sigh. Just... stop. This argument never made the least it of sense. We should ignore him confessing what he has done because it was in private? You do realize the police actually put undercover officers near criminals to try to get them to confess IN PRIVATE CONVERSATIONS about the crimes they've done, right? And the courts are fine with that.

Go back and read the unedited transcript and analyze it.  It's so simple to understand.

Trump confessed he likes to kiss and grope women, which is hardly earth shattering news, and they let him do it because he's a celebrity. Later he denied actually doing that, and more than a dozen women came forward to say yes he did. He likewise confessed to Howard Stern that he could jsut walk into the girls dressing rooms where naked teenagers were preparing for beauty pageants 'because i'm the boss', and we know a number of former contestants have confirmed he did just that. 

:rolleyes:

Remember Gomeshi?  Two women even filed charges against him.....and look what we found out! 

Not everyone who claim sexual assault, are truly victims.

Like a lot of men, when it comes to sex, Trump will push it as far as he thinks he can get away with pushing it, and since he's a celebrity that's a lot further than most people. Trump has spent a lifetime being a hedonist and fornicator and adulterer and never bothered to cover that up. That's who and what he is. Clearly this doesn't bother you since you think that's how a good Christian man should act.

We're not talking about his Christianity.  It's irrelevant bringing up the Christian card - especially when you've already proven how little you know about Christianity.  What little you know, are even quite shallow. :)

refresh your memory:

Give up using the Christian card, Argus.  It's not your forte.  You only lose credibility.

Edited by betsy

17 minutes ago, betsy said:

Clinton's email was of public interest due to the fact that she was Secretary of State, and was embroiled in controversy over her disregard for rules, and in effect possible compromise of  what might be sensitive or classified information that could impact national security.  Since she's a public servant, the public has the right to know.

I don`t know what is worse, this complete lack of logic, or calling Trump`s victims sluts.

Note that Clinton's email was never compromised. It was private citizen Podesta, or the DNC that were. You somehow figure it is good to leak email because you don't know if it might be sensitive or classified information that might impact national security? How do you come up with these twisted arguments?

16 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

I don`t know what is worse, this complete lack of logic, or calling Trump`s victims sluts.

They most likely were, just like on leftist hero Charlie Sheen's Hollywood show, "2 1/2 men" where women are portrayed as being for only one purpose. Charlie's had his share of sluts, and made a comedy show out of it for all to enjoy. Although, I wouldn't watch it.
Have you seen the show?