Hollywood Actor Tweets The President Should Die

Michael Hardner

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

I'd say the pussy grab comment was likely bravado, probably hyperbole.  Remember, he never mentioned unwanted touching, it was "they let you do it".

Ok, so forgiveable then.   Right-wing jokes are 'bravado' and forgiveable and the claims above are serious, and presumable grounds for prosecution and maybe execution ?

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Ok, so forgiveable then.   Right-wing jokes are 'bravado' and forgiveable and the claims above are serious, and presumable grounds for prosecution and maybe execution ?

WTF are you talking about?  You're sounding like Omni.

I've said that none of them are jokes, what Trump said was not a joke, what sheen said was not a joke.  I've said nothing about forgiveness or execution.  

12 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

I've said that none of them are jokes, what Trump said was not a joke, what sheen said was not a joke.  I've said nothing about forgiveness or execution.  

But you have also said there are consequences for people saying things.  I'm trying to test this principle with you to find an example where somebody who agrees with your politics had to pay a kharmic price of some kind.  Somebody tweets something and gets threatened... well they are paying the price for their actions.  Mob justice, you say.

Trump brags about his immense rape skills, and it's 'bravado' and the people have spoken.

Anyway, that's fine.  As I said, your form of Kharma seems to fall on half of the planet.  If you can explain better, please do.  Otherwise I will move on and let you be.

5 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

But you have also said there are consequences for people saying things.  I'm trying to test this principle with you to find an example where somebody who agrees with your politics had to pay a kharmic price of some kind.  Somebody tweets something and gets threatened... well they are paying the price for their actions.  Mob justice, you say.

Trump brags about his immense rape skills, and it's 'bravado' and the people have spoken.

Anyway, that's fine.  As I said, your form of Kharma seems to fall on half of the planet.  If you can explain better, please do.  Otherwise I will move on and let you be.

Trump is paying for it. It almost cost him the election for starters. Women's groups are after him, people like you are calling him a rapist, celebs are spouting that he disrespects women and won't play at the inauguration. We have no idea how this affected him relationships with his wife and daughter, but I guarantee that behind the scenes, he is also paying for those comments. Of course he's paying the price for his comments, regardless of the intent   

11 hours ago, WestCoastRunner said:

I'm confident we are not on the same page. But you didn't answer the question. 

For making stupid comment?  Apology not good enough for you?  What you want?  Firing squad? :lol:

Go back to your page.  Bye for now, WCR.

Edited by betsy

12 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

The 'grabbing Pussy' was serious ?  

Well, putting into context what was actually being said in that video - though stated in macho-braggadocio banter,  it's sorta serious. 

Trump was simply stating what's common in Hollywood among a certain crowd that flock to celebrities.  Ignoring that fact - that there are many women who'd give anything to be with any celebrity, or to get a break in the movies - would be not only an ignorance about Hollywood (or any film industry), but would also be dishonest. 

The only thing was that he was crude in stating it, it was aimed at pussies - so you can scratch out men who'd willingly let their dicks grabbed by women and gay celebrities - and Trump and Billy were coming from  male celebrity perspectives. 

Crude it may be, it was said in a private conversation.  Eavesdroppers, usually end up getting upset at what they hear. :lol:

Edited by betsy

18 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

Charlie was just making locker room talk. 

Not the same at all if you're comparing that with Trump's.  Trump and Billy Bush were making private locker-room talks.........Charlie twitted to the public. 

It should come to no surprise that you'd get feedbacks - positive or negative -  if you put your ideas out there! 

Edited by betsy

9 minutes ago, betsy said:

Not the same at all if you're comparing that with Trump's.  Trump and Billy Bush were making private locker-room talks.........Charlie twitted to the public. 

It should come to no surprise that you'd get feedbacks - positive or negative -  if you put your ideas out there! 

But it was just locker room talk. Why do you care?

3 minutes ago, betsy said:

That's a blatant lie.

He bragged, its on tape.  You along with many others, have defended him, calling it locker room talk or a joke, or saying that the women let him cause they're celebrity sluts, or that he thought he was in a private conversation; basically twisting and turning to avoid the fact that he bragged about grabbing women by the pussy.

4 minutes ago, dialamah said:

He bragged, its on tape.  You along with many others, have defended him, calling it locker room talk or a joke, or saying that the women let him cause they're celebrity sluts, or that he thought he was in a private conversation; basically twisting and turning to avoid the fact that he bragged about grabbing women by the pussy.

First of all, there's no rape!  Michael reminds me of how things get exaggerated as something is passed along.  From grabbing pussies, now, it's rape! :lol:

Second, the conversation was taken out of context!

Edited by betsy

12 minutes ago, betsy said:

I can give a feedback. 

Of course you can. But if you have already declared locker room talk to be insignificant and unworthy of serious reflection, why would it be important coming from a drug-addled former sitcom star and not important coming from a potential president?

8 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Why quibble with the word 'rape' if you think it's ok anyway ?

Charlie Sheen thinks Trump should DIE.  If you dismiss his words then why also argue about what DIE means ?

EH?

What are you talking about?  What am I arguing about the meaning of die???

23 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

Of course you can. But if you have already declared locker room talk to be insignificant and unworthy of serious reflection, why would it be important coming from a drug-addled former sitcom star and not important coming from a potential president?

Because if Sheen twitted it to the public, it wasn't meant to be a locker-room talk!   Therefore, anyone can give their feedback. 

Btw, I'm responding to this thread, which is about Sheen's tweet.

Edited by betsy

8 minutes ago, betsy said:

Because if Sheen twitted it to the public, it wasn't meant to be a locker-room talk!   Therefore, anyone can give their feedback. 

Btw, I'm responding to this thread, which is about Sheen's tweet.

Locker room talk can include the general public. It doesn't have to take place in an actual locker room. Trump's was on a bus with a microphone on his lapel so everyone could hear. You can give feedback all you want, but I question why you would start a thread about an insignificant nobody tweeting locker room talk when you've already expressed your belief that such talk doesn't matter.

I wonder have some people never before experienced a disappointing election-result as for some people it seems to be so difficult to get a grip. As if the 2016 election was a final Presidential-election and now Trump is going to be President forever.

Just now, betsy said:

First of all, there's no rape!

Second, the conversation was taken out of context!

He bragged about grabbing women by the pussy.   Sexual assault then, if you want to split hairs.  So he's bragged about sexually assaulting women.   

In what context exactly is bragging about sexual assault ok?