Hollywood Actor Tweets The President Should Die

Michael Hardner

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4073106/Fury-Charlie-Sheen-says-Trump-celebrity-die-prompting-backlash-web-users-calling-scumbag-useless-cockroach.html

Fury as Charlie Sheen says Trump should be the next celebrity to die prompting backlash from web users calling him a 'scumbag' and a 'useless cockroach' 

Ha ha.  Why don't people relax ?  Even if he called on people to murder a public figure, or murdered a public figure people should have a sense of humour. 

Or... alternately... can somebody suggest a way to calibrate the limits of poor behaviour to continue without rebuke ? 

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aside from sharing his STD to countless pussies he'd grabbed.....what did Charlie Sheen contribute to this world? 

The last one to open his mouth to criticize anyone would be this bozo.   Must be needing some emergency attention pretty badly!  Actually, he's on my celebrity list of most likely to commit suicide....or overdose. :lol::lol:

Edited by betsy

11 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Are you saying that people who haven't reached a level of achievement should shut up ?

That's a different angle.  

I don't think that one works, let's see if there's another suggestion.

No, I'm not saying he must shut up.   But, he should!  It depends on what he's criticizing about, doesn't it?

I'm reacting to his tweet - the nitwit! :lol:

Edited by betsy

14 minutes ago, betsy said:

Why did you create a thread about Charlie Sheen anyway? :D

I am trying to figure out why the same people who lose their heads over a joke can accept an extreme joke from their own tribe.

You seem to be one of those people.  You think Charlie sheen should shut up over a bad joke but the incoming President is excused for another bad joke.

It's too much to expect people to act completely objectively in such things, we're not robots after all.  But I am getting really bored with people who live with two sets of standards.  Anybody who supports Trump really shouldn't criticize flippant comments from any public figure, IMO, as the new guy has normalized them.

31 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I am trying to figure out why the same people who lose their heads over a joke can accept an extreme joke from their own tribe.

You seem to be one of those people.  You think Charlie sheen should shut up over a bad joke but the incoming President is excused for another bad joke.

It's too much to expect people to act completely objectively in such things, we're not robots after all.  But I am getting really bored with people who live with two sets of standards.  Anybody who supports Trump really shouldn't criticize flippant comments from any public figure, IMO, as the new guy has normalized them.

It might seem like a joke to you.....but for some, it isn't.   Unless you're hiding somewhere for the past month or so, you should know that anti-Trump aren't joking about the fact that it's Trump who'll become President in three weeks.  You saw the reaction(s) by those who couldn't get over it!

To tweet something like that, is a provocation to say the least.  And he's getting reactions.  He got you, didn't he?  You wouldn't waste bandwidth creating a thread over a flippant "joke" if it didn't get your attention somehow.

His tweet, which read, 'Dear God; Trump next, please! Trump next, please! Trump next, please! Trump next, please! Trump next, please! Trump next, please!,' was shared just hours after it was announced Debbie Reynolds had died. 

The post caused fury among those mourning the actress, with users calling him a 'scumbag and a 'useless cockroach'.

As to one who could die sooner........given his lifestyle, I'm amazed that the irony is lost on SheenTHAT'S the punchline on this joke, imho.
Edited by betsy

Of course the joke got my attention.  For "some" it isn't but I expect that those humourless people also hold Trumps statements as non-jokes.

Do you see what I mean ?  It's about following principles.

Does it bother you when liberals excuse the exact same behavior done by their side but not done by the other side ?  If so then you must believe in principles.

29 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Can you support someone, and still find some of their comments a bit dodgy?  I think both Charlie Sheen and Donald Trump are complete pratts, but their comments don't mean much, and so far Charlie Sheen is the only one who has starred in a decent movie about Vietnam.  So I do give him the edge.

8 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Of course the joke got my attention.  For "some" it isn't but I expect that those humourless people also hold Trumps statements as non-jokes.

Do you see what I mean ?  It's about following principles.

Does it bother you when liberals excuse the exact same behavior done by their side but not done by the other side ?  If so then you must believe in principles.

I've never denied that Trump had said some stupid things.  I'm not making excuses for his crude comments - I like him for President because of his platform. 

Yes, double standards bother me.  However.....

There is no comparison between Trump and Sheen.  One will be the President, while the other is.....well, a celebrity with his own issues (if we're to believe the tabloids).

Edited by betsy

1 minute ago, betsy said:

I've never denied that Trump had said some stupid things.  I'm not making excuses for his crude comments - I like him for President because of his platform.  There is no comparison between him and Sheen.  One will be the President, while the other is.....well, a celebrity.

I like 2 1/2 Men...Berta is a blast.

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Apples to Oranges.  Who had the better reality show I ask you ?

Trump!  Media are hooked on him!

Does Sheen have a reality show?  I don't follow him.....not even when he was at 21/2 men.

Edited by betsy

4 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

They are both celebrities.  One is a celebrity-reality-show President.

Well, media turned his political career into a reality show. He most likely manipulated it that way.

Trump knows how to play with them - it worked well for him.

Edited by betsy