UN Resolution 2334 to block Israeli settlements.

wulf42

18 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Irony would be Israel just using this moment in history (with war all around) to just gut Syria, Hamas and the PLO with an eye to not stopping like they were forced to do in 1973.

Had Israel been allowed to complete its counterattack in 1973, we wouldn't even be discussing Islam...my bet.

I don't support war crimes. You're on your own.

40 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Canada supports Israeli settlements in many ways....has done so for decades.

Wrong.

This is Canada's official stance on the settlements:

Canadian Policy on Key Issues in the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Status of Jerusalem

Canada considers the status of Jerusalem can be resolved only as part of a general settlement of the Palestinian-Israeli dispute. Canada does not recognize Israel's unilateral annexation of East Jerusalem.

Occupied Territories and Settlements

Canada does not recognize permanent Israeli control over territories occupied in 1967 (the Golan Heights, the West Bank, East Jerusalem and the Gaza Strip). The Fourth Geneva Convention applies in the occupied territories and establishes Israel's obligations as an occupying power, in particular with respect to the humane treatment of the inhabitants of the occupied territories. As referred to in UN Security Council Resolutions 446 and 465, Israeli settlements in the occupied territories are a violation of the Fourth Geneva Convention. The settlements also constitute a serious obstacle to achieving a comprehensive, just and lasting peace.

Canada believes that both Israel and the Palestinian Authority must fully respect international human rights and humanitarian law which is key to ensuring the protection of civilians, and can contribute to the creation of a climate conducive to achieving a just, lasting and comprehensive peace settlement.

The Barrier

Canada recognizes Israel's right to protect its citizens from terrorist attacks, including through the restriction of access to its territory, and by building a barrier on its own territory for security purposes. However, Canada opposes Israel's construction of the barrier inside the West Bank and East Jerusalem which are occupied territories. This construction is contrary to international law under the Fourth Geneva Convention. Canada not only opposes Israel's construction of a barrier extending into the occupied territories, but also expropriations and the demolition of houses and economic infrastructure carried out for this purpose.

1 hour ago, Canadianjim said:

I don't support war crimes. You're on your own.

No war crimes involved: see Yom Kippur War, subsection: what Israel did after the combined Soviet backed Arab attack failed yet again.

But then the Superpowers got all hot n' heavy with the nuclear threats...and Israel had to halt its counterattack within striking distance of both Syria's and Egypt's capitals before any real peace treaty could be forced upon the Arabs. You know...for starting a war then losing.

Eventually Sadat made peace with Israel...but the fools you support murdered him.

5 minutes ago, marcus said:

Wrong.

This is Canada's official stance on the settlements...etc, etc.

Canada...the country that stood by with all the rest of the oh-so-pure countries and let a REAL genocide occur on its watch.

Canada...who treats its own Native population like disagreeable interlopers.

Yeah...sit down, Canada.

27 minutes ago, marcus said:

Wrong.

This is Canada's official stance on the settlements:

Official stance doesn't mean crap given the reality of trade agreements, building contracts, military liaison, and opposition to the BDS movement.   Canada's government even expanded the trade agreement (CIFTA).

Canada has materially supported Israeli settlements in "occupied territories" for decades.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

The OIC is a 50+ nation block of Islamic countries with a blood libel for Jews...let alone Israelis. Without the US's veto, the lone...tiny...(semi) Jewish state is at the mercy of these bullies.

I hate bullies even if some admire them.

5 minutes ago, marcus said:

Then why such an outcry by Israel and its groupies when the UN resolution 2334, world's official stance on the settlements, was recently passed?

Because Obama sided with Islamic terrorists over Israel.

1 minute ago, Canadianjim said:

To suggest that everyone  should support Israel no matter what they do  is evidence of indoctrination and religious extremism.  Try to find another nation on this earth where  no criticism is allowed.? You can't do it.

You're free to side with the Arabs. Nobody will stop you.

21 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

No war crimes involved: see Yom Kippur War, subsection: what Israel did after the combined Soviet backed Arab attack failed yet again.

But then the Superpowers got all hot n' heavy with the nuclear threats...and Israel had to halt its counterattack within striking distance of both Syria's and Egypt's capitals before any real peace treaty could be forced upon the Arabs. You know...for starting a war then losing.

Eventually Sadat made peace with Israel...but the fools you support murdered him.

2 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

You're free to side with the Arabs. Nobody will stop you.

I am always aware of the weakness of an argument based on  telling someone else what they think or  who's side they are on when i never mentioned a side.. It simply demonstrates to me that you want to side with Israel regardless of what they do right or wrong.  That is not now nor has ever been considered an intelligent position based on rational thought. In fact for you to imply  all Israelis agree with Netanyu's policies simply means you don't know what is going on have chosen to ignore it. I choose to side with those that are oppressed by unfair treatment. My decision is based on morality not ideology or politics. When your humanity is defined by geographical borders it says more about you than you should be comfortable with.

Edited by Canadianjim

18 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Because that's how the game is played.   More settlements....oh my !

What's the game? Facts say one thing and you declare something different?

Despite the heavy lobbying, we will continue to move towards economic isolation. We already have European companies ending business within Israel or ending contracts with Israeli firms that have a connection with the settlements. More settlements... oh my!

Edited by marcus
  • Like 1

Just now, marcus said:

What's the game? Facts say one thing and you declare something different?

Despite the heavy lobbying, we will continue to move towards economic isolation. We already have European countries ending business with in Israel or ending contracts with Israeli firms that have a connection with the settlements. More settlements... oh my!

That's swell...Israel will just keep building more settlements.   Everybody wins !

6 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

That's swell...Israel will just keep building more settlements.   Everybody wins !

Rogue states usually do that.

But there is an end to this sort of thieving, racist and arrogant behaviour. Just ask the apartheid government in South Africa.

• Like 1

Just now, marcus said:

Rogue states usually do that.

But there is an end to this sort of thieving, racist and arrogant behaviour. Just ask the apartheid government in South Africa.

Keep trying...I'm sure someday Canada will give all the land back too.   One can certainly dream, eh ?

18 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Keep trying...I'm sure someday Canada will give all the land back too.   One can certainly dream, eh ?

An expected false narrative and comparison. Keep trying.

I doubt anyone who knows the history of the first nations would argue that the Europeans who migrated here did not treat them right, but comparing Canada's treatment of the first nations right now, in this day and age, is nothing compared to the treatment of Palestinians by the Israeli government.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, marcus said:

An expected false narrative and comparison. Keep trying.

I doubt anyone who knows the history of the first nations would argue that the Europeans who migrated here did not treat them right, but comparing Canada's treatment of the first nations right now, in this day and age, is nothing compared to the treatment of Palestinians by the Israeli government.

Today will become history tomorrow, as will Israel's "treatment" of existential threats from terrorists.   Canada did it for far less.

The UN cannot force Israel to do anything that Israel does not want to do.

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

The UN cannot force Israel to do anything that Israel does not want to do.

The world can and will. The BDS movement is proof of that.

Israel can no longer hide behind a false narrative that continues to be exposed with the freedom of information and the weakening of the corporate media. Technology and the internet is awesome.

Just now, marcus said:

The world can and will. The BDS movement is proof of that.

Israel can no longer hide behind a false narrative that continues to be exposed with the freedom of information and the weakening of the corporate media. Technology and the internet is awesome.

And still...the settlements grow each day.  

The failed Palestinian leadership and their terrorism have not been able to stop the settlements, and neither can the UN.

My country still sends billions to Israel each year, and the UN can't stop that either.

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

And still...the settlements grow each day.  

The failed Palestinian leadership and their terrorism have not been able to stop the settlements, and neither can the UN.

My country still sends billions to Israel each year, and the UN can't stop that either.

The Israeli government is going all out and accelerating the thievery, no doubt. Fascist regimes usually go all out towards the end of their rule. 

For the first time ever, a major U.S. primary candidate with a large platform has gone against the grain when it came to the Israeli/Palestinian narrative. Speaking out against Israel's occupation? Supporting a Palestinian State? This is unprecedented.

For the first time ever, Israeli settlements are being questioned in the U.S., even in mainstream media. For the first time ever, the U.S. did not veto a U.N. resolution that clearly exposes the illegality of the settlements, paving the road for legal action and economic sanctions through boycotts. 

You can deny this momentum all you want, but it's just a matter of time.

• Like 1

Just now, marcus said:

The Israeli government is going all out and accelerating the thievery, no doubt. Fascist regimes usually go all out towards the end of their rule.

At last...reality can't be ignored.

For the first time ever, Israeli settlements are being questioned in the U.S., even in mainstream media.

Nonsense....plenty of Americans have "questioned" the settlements in U.S. MSM.    Rachel Corrie died over 13 years ago and had a lot more courage than posers hiding behind keyboards and boycotts.

You can deny this momentum all you want, but it's just a matter of time.

The sun will become a red giant someday too...maybe the settlements will finally be gone.