Get ready for the next ice age, global warming fanatics.

• 5 months later...
On 6/9/2017 at 7:03 AM, Wilber said:

You are a fragile body that can only exist in a narrow temperature range. The health of the planet does not revolve around what you find comfortable.

It should be all about me and what is good for me. :D

On 8/23/2017 at 2:45 PM, -TSS- said:

There is so much talk about the carbon footprint that we in the western world leave behind. Even though I live in Finland which probably has one of the highest carbon footprint per capita as very existence here consumes resources I refuse to be the main culprit for my countrymen's sins in the destruction of the planet as I don't have kids, I don't own a car and I don't fly around the world in pointless journeys. (I have only flown once in my lifetime and that will be last flight of mine).

I am not willing enough to give up having fun driving my car or taking plane rides to wherever. Denying yourself the privilege of being able to take a plane to get to fly and see another part of the world and get to see things that you will never see if you stay in Finland. Flying around on pointless journeys is a silly thing to be saying. You need to stop worrying about what others tell you as far as climate change goes. No one knows as to what the hell is going on in regards to climate change. Everybody is just guessing and some are making plenty of money from making false climate change reports. Al Gore and David Suzuki being just two of them. They are all for saving the planet but yet fly all over the world in private jets and drive cars and own plenty of homes and make millions of dollars while doing so. Those two bull shitters will never get a nickel from me or whatever your currency is called. Is it called the Kroner? 

If the temperature in Finland goes up by an extra one degree there is no need to panic. It is after all only one degree. If the world warms up by even two degrees in the next fifty years that will not be enough to effect glaciers all that much nor will it cause the oceans to rise all that much. Besides in fifty years you and I will probably be dead. Aw well. 

On 3/9/2018 at 9:42 AM, Queenmandy85 said:

Hmmm, who to believe, Stephen Hawking, or an unknown  like Taxme.

Do not believe anyone. Besides there are too many of those so called experts like David Suzuki and Al Gore who are making plenty of moola from fear mongering. If they were so serious about global climate change then why do those two fly too pretty much every part of the world in jet planes? They can always do what I believe is called tele-conferencing. They both drive every where around in cars and both own several homes. Talk about contributing to global warming. Those two are such hypocrites. 

As the old saying goes " only believe what you see" and that is what I do. So far I have not seen anything re global warming that has me concerned or to get all uptight about. :)

On 3/9/2018 at 10:09 AM, Michael Hardner said:

We should have them arm wrestle for it.  That would be smart.

Too late now as old Stevie boy has departed this earth. It would not have been fair for him anyway and I think that I would win that arm wrestle hands down. But in an arm wrestling science verbal match it is for sure that Steve would be able to beat me hands down. Steve is much more knowledgeable when it comes to science than I could ever be or become. 

Technology can help, especially in terms of clean energy sources.  I'd be careful messing with the atmosphere by pumping chemicals into it due to unintended consequences.  The latest gambit, spraying salt into the atmosphere to lighten clouds and reflect light back into space could result in the salination of freshwater and the desertification of arable lands.  We have to be careful. 

• 3 years later...
On 9/15/2018 at 6:39 PM, Zeitgeist said:

Technology can help, especially in terms of clean energy sources.  I'd be careful messing with the atmosphere by pumping chemicals into it due to unintended consequences.  The latest gambit, spraying salt into the atmosphere to lighten clouds and reflect light back into space could result in the salination of freshwater and the desertification of arable lands.  We have to be careful. 

Back in the 1970's they wanted to blacken Arctic ice to fight cooling.