Get ready for the next ice age, global warming fanatics.

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

We used to hear that about the warming theory, now not so much.  So is warming a conspiracy ?  Were the real academics with real theories being shut out from publishing ?  

You're kidding right? It's huge problem. You can't get published unless you cow-tow to the AGW mantra.

23 minutes ago, Bryan said:

They have more credibility on that topic than most mainstream sources in Canada.  

Most MSM, including Post Media, aren't covering the science, they're only covering whatever science reinforces their ideology.

The unspun facts aren't in the news and aren't even in many of the scientific academic journals anymore because of the politics of it all.  This topic is yet another form of biased propoganda, posted only because it reinforces Argus' ideology. How does Argus know what is the truth or not among the reported science?  How would I?  How would Lawrence Solomon of Post Media?  Are any of us climate scientists?  It's a joke.

Who are you to say that Post Media has more credibility than most mainstream sources in Canada?  Oh wait, they reinforce your own political ideology.  Again, it's all political, it's all a joke.

Edited by Moonlight Graham

8 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Who are you to say that Post Media has more credibility than most mainstream sources in Canada?  

They do more digging into the information and actually report the findings. Most other sources just repost press releases with no scrutiny.

9 hours ago, Omni said:

I guess that's why the arctic has been around 15 degrees warmer than usual and there's no ice, and the antarctic ice sheet melt has been deemed to be irreversible.

There's no ice...well, it has been warm, and there is less ice, but you don't have to habitually lie about everything.

arctic.seaice.color.000.png

Also, no doubt some have heard that it's 30 degrees warmer than normal in the arctic, well, that's partly bs, yes, a small area has been warm, however today, as it was yesterday, our high arctic has been quite seasonable.

CWEU 240100Z 08003KT 15SM SKC M34/M38 A2977

Minus 34 in Eureka

CYRB 240300Z 32007KT 15SM FEW004 M26/M30

Minus 26 in Resolute Bay

CYEV 240100Z 11004KT 030V160 15SM SCT140 BKN240 M21/M24 A2999

Minus 21 in Inuvik

CYCB 240300Z 26007KT 10SM -SN SCT003 OVC008 M24/M27 A3010

MInus 24 in Cambridge Bay.

12 hours ago, Omni said:

I guess that's why the arctic has been around 15 degrees warmer than usual and there's no ice, and the antarctic ice sheet melt has been deemed to be irreversible.

I think that you saying that the Arctic is 15 degrees warmer is pushing it just a little. 15 degrees is a hell of a lot. Maybe there is some extra melting going on in the Arctic but the last I read was that the Antarctic is growing lot's of snow. I guess it all comes down to who is right. The global warming liberal scientists or the non-global warming conservative scientists. One has to be telling the truth, but who? Anyway, I fail to see why the people of today are so concerned about what may happen in the future to the Arctic when all the ice and snow melts in the Arctic because there is nothing anybody can do about it. Most likely most of us living today will not be around to maybe see it all go green.

Here in Vancouver it has been bloody cold and it has been snowing for weeks now. There is no global warming going on here right now. It is more like global cooling happening right now. I must admit that I would not mind some global warming happening here right now. I miss my green colored grass, and want the white colored grass gone.  

3 minutes ago, taxme said:

I think that you saying that the Arctic is 15 degrees warmer is pushing it just a little. 15 degrees is a hell of a lot. Maybe there is some extra melting going on in the Arctic but the last I read was that the Antarctic is growing lot's of snow. I guess it all comes down to who is right. The global warming liberal scientists or the non-global warming conservative scientists. One has to be telling the truth, but who? Anyway, I fail to see why the people of today are so concerned about what may happen in the future to the Arctic when all the ice and snow melts in the Arctic because there is nothing anybody can do about it. Most likely most of us living today will not be around to maybe see it all go green.

Here in Vancouver it has been bloody cold and it has been snowing for weeks now. There is no global warming going on here right now. It is more like global cooling happening right now. I must admit that I would not mind some global warming happening here right now. I miss my green colored grass, and want the white colored grass gone.  

I'm not saying it, I ain't there. NOAA is saying it and they are. They also have those little satellite thingys that can take actual pictures that show us the lack of ice. But yes we'll not live long enough to see the harsher effects of GW but if you had young children and lived in Mexico, you could expect them to see them when they can't grow food anymore. We will actually benefit in Canada, for a while.

Just now, Omni said:

I'm not saying it, I ain't there. NOAA is saying it and they are. They also have those little satellite thingys that can take actual pictures that show us the lack of ice. But yes we'll not live long enough to see the harsher effects of GW but if you had young children and lived in Mexico, you could expect them to see them when they can't grow food anymore. We will actually benefit in Canada, for a while.

The world can all move to Africa. I believe Africa survived the last ice age. We can all go back to Africa from whence we are suppose to have come from in the beginning. And once the people from the western world move into Africa they will make it a better place to live than what the people living there now are doing with the place. There will be running tap water and electrical power to light up all our toys.  

2 minutes ago, taxme said:

The world can all move to Africa. I believe Africa survived the last ice age. We can all go back to Africa from whence we are suppose to have come from in the beginning. And once the people from the western world move into Africa they will make it a better place to live than what the people living there now are doing with the place. There will be running tap water and electrical power to light up all our toys.  

Well we do owe Africa big time. I enjoyed my years living there.

13 minutes ago, Omni said:

Well we do owe Africa big time. I enjoyed my years living there.

What do we owe Africa now?  

Hey, with global warming you just might end up living in Alaska or the Yukon one day, and basking in the sun on some beach in 75 degree temperatures. Cool, I mean warm. 

16 hours ago, herples said:

The person who wrote the study cited in the financial post: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khabibullo_Abdussamatov

Astrophysicist. He has no climate science expertise. 

Nor does David Suzuki. Many have speculated that our climate warming or cooling over time is far more closely related to what happens with the sun than anything else.

No, Suzuki is a media environmentalist.  'Many have speculated' is right, but no scientist has shown solar activity correlations with temperature gain.

http://www.dw.com/en/temperatures-at-north-pole-undergo-heat-wave/a-36902966

Here's the source on current Arctic temperatures, but I want to point out that I am against using weather as a marker on principle.  Otherwise, we'll be stuck talking about why warming isn't happening because it's cold today in Winnipeg. etc.

1 hour ago, Argus said:

Nor does David Suzuki. Many have speculated that our climate warming or cooling over time is far more closely related to what happens with the sun than anything else.

Nobody here is claiming David Suzuki is an expert in climate science. As for the sun and the climate I will bring your attention to this link. 

https://www.skepticalscience.com/solar-activity-sunspots-global-warming-intermediate.htm

Well cited and has good explanations of all the climate arguments. 

As supplier of almost all the energy in Earth's climate, the sun has a strong influence on climate. A comparison of sun and climate over the past 1150 years found temperatures closely match solar activity (Usoskin 2005). However, after 1975, temperatures rose while solar activity showed little to no long-term trend. This led the study to conclude, "...during these last 30 years the solar total irradiance, solar UV irradiance and cosmic ray flux has not shown any significant secular trend, so that at least this most recent warming episode must have another source."

18 hours ago, poochy said:

Im sorry, but it's self explanatory, you said there is no ice, there is ice, do you the hell understand it better now?  Do you have the ability to be honest in any discussion?

23rd of December ice. Of course there is ice in winter but November ice was at a record low, 800,000 sq km less than the same month in 2006.

3 minutes ago, Wilber said:

23rd of December ice. Of course there is ice in winter but November ice was at a record low, 800,000 sq km less than the same month in 2006.

Are them those biased facts produced by study and scientific inquiry?   Them's bullshit....  [/s]