Soros bankrolling Facebook

Topaz

1 hour ago, ?Impact said:

Absolutely no different than racist or denier; they are also equally descriptors.

They're a descriptor of your OPINION, perhaps, but they're largely inaccurate and derived from petty emotional reactions to ideas you disapprove of. Whereas those described as leftists ARE on the left of the political spectrum. As for my unflattering OPINION of them personally, I'd generally be suspended if I offered that up, so those who call people racists and xenophobes should be too.

Even though I voted Liberal in the last federal election for the first time in well over 20 years, I am just as much as conservative as I am a liberal.  

Interesting that after almost nineteen hundred posts here you have yet to offer up a conservative opinion on anything, but stick solidly to positions the left wing of the Liberal party would wholeheartedly approve of.

Edited by Argus

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Argus said:

Interesting that after almost nineteen hundred posts here you have yet to offer up a conservative opinion on anything, but stick solidly to positions the left wing of the Liberal party would wholeheartedly approve of.

Perhaps that is because the idea of a simple left/right political spectrum is bogus. What makes the Liberal party left wing? They are a corporatist party, alway have been and always will be. Socially they are far more progressive than so called big-c-Conservatives, but again that could only be vaguely associated with left-wing. It is your lumping of everything you claim to be bad as 'left wing' that makes it the biggest pejorative ever. 

On 12/18/2016 at 9:59 AM, kimmy said:

In other words, people are picking and choosing what information they want to listen to, based on their preconceptions:

“One thing that has been interesting this entire campaign season to watch is that people that say facts are facts, they’re not really facts. Everybody has a way, it’s kind of like looking at ratings or looking at a glass of half-full water. Everybody has a way of interpreting them to be the truth or not true.”

-k

You see a lot of that around here everyday. It all seems so un-moderated.

18 hours ago, ?Impact said:

Absolutely no different than racist or denier; they are also equally descriptors.  

But it's inexact.  The term doesn't convey enough information, and is not helpful in explaining what is wrong with the thinking behind it.  Are Americans as 'racist' as they were 50 years ago ?  Most would say no.  Did they elect a 'racist' president ?  Some would say yes.  So, how do you resolve those conflicting facts using a single word to describe attitudes ?

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

But it's inexact.  The term doesn't convey enough information, and is not helpful in explaining what is wrong with the thinking behind it.  Are Americans as 'racist' as they were 50 years ago ?  Most would say no.  Did they elect a 'racist' president ?  Some would say yes.  So, how do you resolve those conflicting facts using a single word to describe attitudes ?

Very true, and my exact problem with terms like 'leftist' or 'progressive'. Neither convey enough information, and often suggest much which is totally incorrect. You cannot resolve conflicts using a single word, that is exactly what I am pointing out.