Show off your pets

4 hours ago, dialamah said:

Your dogs look pretty happy.      Looks like you do some camping?   I've got a couple of dogs, too, and will try to post some pics later.   

Ya my dogs are really spoiled. That's what pets are for. I used to camp a lot, but that's actually taken at our cottage.

Tie and Domi 

Lily and Bodhi

Talo

I'd love to see pictures of your dogs.

IMG_0095.JPG

IMG_0133.JPG

IMG_0098.JPG

Edited by drummindiver

This is Whiskey who I lost in the Fort Mac fires.  I miss him desperately most days.  

He ski doo'ed for the first time last year and loved it!  He would try to crawl into the backpack before I could even get it ready.  I adopted him when I was living in teh US and he first saw snow two years ago.  He walked off the back step into a huge snowdrift and didn't know what to do.  I had to put my boots on and go outside to perform a rescue mission.

His resting face always looked sad, but he was always very happy.

whiskey.jpg

Whiskey in the paper.jpg

whiskey skidoo.jpg

• Downvote 1

I am not the kind of person that owns animals. I do not like the dependency of a non human in my life. I like animals, I just do not want to own them. I had a girlfriend that was pushing so much to have a dog that I finally accepted. You know, when you need to gain points with your gf. She was supposed to take care of that dog, but it did not take long that I was ending up to take care of it 100% of the time. She was always finding excuses and the dog considered me as its master. After a while, I got more attached to the dog than my girlfriend and we broke up. haha! It's a beagle. We got her when she was already 8 years old. The dog had a very nice life until her last breath and she died old. I am still not interesting to get another animal but, I surprised myself to take care of this one all those years. When she was alive, I was joking that I would keep her ears after she dies and make a hat with it. But when the time arrived, it did not feel right. It's amazing how they offer unconditional love. Only close family use to do that.

So here was Molly.

10399061_12864837147_3604_n.jpg1930213_14424652147_6544_n.jpg

Cats are where I'm at these days.

Itty Bitty Twitch, Zulu and Jupiter.

Itty Bitty is the mother of the other two.  I rescued Itty Biity from the side of the road out in the bush where I presume she'd been dumped, pregnant apparently.  We had the whole bunch fixed and found homes for the other three.

The two cats are sitting on the pellet furnace. Jupiter is in my face, as usual.

I've seen Itty Bitty stop two Cane Courso's and a pit bull in their tracks and reduce all three of them to whimpering little pussies. Mind you Jupiter and Zulu were up on the roof.  

Itty Bitty Twitch and Zulu.jpg

Jupiter.jpg

1 hour ago, drummindiver said:

She looks so happy running!

Yup, HE is very happy running - it's pretty much the only time he's completely confident and truly happy and he can go like stink, was the fastest dog in the dog park when we used to take him.    No worries about getting his sex wrong; he is a very delicate-looking and graceful dog and is often mistaken for female - it's those deep-rooted biases we all have.   :)     

Edited by dialamah

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...